This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:26:04 AM(UTC)
I had a bug with Forzathon last night where there was just me and one other player. We did the first round okay but then I perhaps made the mistake? of switching cars. The second round was to perform skills. I was still in the event, the skill points counter was at the bottom, but it just didn't count anything I did. I tried switching back to the original car again but it made no difference. Without my score the other player wouldn't have done it in time so I quit. He might have thought I let him down but I had no way to communicate to him (through the game anyway) that the game had let us both down.

Edited by user Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:27:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 3:07:33 AM(UTC)
I think that the best solution to the afk players/players not participating would be to make it a requirement to score in at least 2 rounds of a forzathon live event. This way it gives a margin for if a real life event takes you away for a couple mins and you miss a round. Plus there's a margin for if you don't score in one individual round due to error/miscalculation, such as when you are in a skill chain racking up a high score, but the round is completed before you bank it. There will still be those that try and exploit it by doing the minimum possible, but then you'll always get people trying to do that, tis a sad fact of life.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:48:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TearierMist5047 Go to Quoted Post
I think that the best solution to the afk players/players not participating would be to make it a requirement to score in at least 2 rounds of a forzathon live event. This way it gives a margin for if a real life event takes you away for a couple mins and you miss a round. Plus there's a margin for if you don't score in one individual round due to error/miscalculation, such as when you are in a skill chain racking up a high score, but the round is completed before you bank it. There will still be those that try and exploit it by doing the minimum possible, but then you'll always get people trying to do that, tis a sad fact of life.

So what percentage of forzathon lives are you failing to finish?
#54 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:19:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Briisace Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TearierMist5047 Go to Quoted Post

So what percentage of forzathon lives are you failing to finish?

There's no need for that attitude, all I am suggesting is my opinion on how the game could be improved. I am able to finish the majority of forzathon live events, but I have on numerous occasions seen players in the circle at the start, do one run of the first round then contribute nothing else onwards by either going afk or moving to another area of the map. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does happen it can significantly increase the time taken to complete a forzathon and occasionally it does result in failing to complete round 3. Whilst it's not game breaking and is minor compared to other aspects of the game (past and present), I would prefer it to be less easy for people to leech off others.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error