This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
60 Pages<<585960Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#1476 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:12:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Currently at 1:33.837 with a very WIP setup.

Great "kick-off" run!

Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Sonoma GP is a much better track than Suckzuka. If nothing else, it doesn't have a corner that could plausibly be named "The Devil's G-String".

Ummmmm, say what! Could not agree with you more...glad it is OVER. Another day will practice how to brake in that zone...since I am sure Moss will eventually torture us by taking us back there for some MEMORIES.....lol....🤔

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#1477 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:32:53 PM(UTC)
This Sonoma track is really hard. I do okay for the first half, but really struggle after the tight right hairpin.
I must have run around about a hundred laps last night and only three clean. Most of it likely my fault having not played for a while.

I managed to have a quick go this morning and put in a little bit faster lap with the Porsche RSR and my own tune and no TCS.
BTW I'm using a controller with only braking line.

I started running TCS last night out of frustration, but at times I found it too restrictive, cutting in and bogging down the car when I didn't want it too. Anyone else feel the same or am I just a bit odd?
 1 user liked this post.
#1478 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:20:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sk15kev Go to Quoted Post
This Sonoma track is really hard. I do okay for the first half, but really struggle after the tight right hairpin.
I must have run around about a hundred laps last night and only three clean. Most of it likely my fault having not played for a while.

I managed to have a quick go this morning and put in a little bit faster lap with the Porsche RSR and my own tune and no TCS.
BTW I'm using a controller with only braking line.

I started running TCS last night out of frustration, but at times I found it too restrictive, cutting in and bogging down the car when I didn't want it too. Anyone else feel the same or am I just a bit odd?

I found the same issues running TCS........... or could be our driving lol
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 3 users liked this post.
#1479 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:55:22 AM(UTC)
1:30.208 - #17 Audi TT
No traction issues with 4WD lol, tune shared
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 3 users liked this post.
#1480 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 4:06:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wan Ge 1 Go to Quoted Post

Nice time, I'm on 1:30.208 with the #17 Audi as well 👍😄
#1481 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 8:01:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xxJ0n4Th0Nxx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wan Ge 1 Go to Quoted Post

Nice time, I'm on 1:30.208 with the #17 Audi as well 👍😄

...lol.... GREAT job by both of you!

DJ Saoco
#1482 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 9:43:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Write me down on this attendance sheet....lol... I have lost soooooo much time at eh 1st hard braking location, it is SICK! Then, the weird last L-turn, and ability to place power in an efficient speedy manner is non-existent (FOR ME!).
PRKid

I was getting so little grip out of the last turn I was thinking of getting my pushbike out.
#1483 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 10:04:33 AM(UTC)
I'd agree that putting the power down is frustrating. I spent a little time running without traction control to see how I could do it. I ended up never down shifting below 3rd gear, even for the hair pins. It became a game of can I carry enough speed and keep the revs high enough to not bog down, while still trying to avoid spinning out even in 3rd gear.

I was nearly able to match my time doing that at 1:31. Then I put traction control back on and doing the same thing to try to avoid activating it, I dropped over a second and a half from my best on the Aston Martin. These are strange cars to say the least.

Also, I spent time running cockpit in the AM and I really wish the shifting lights on the steering wheel were visible in chase cam. I haven't yet mastered shifting by sound and that made it really easy to hit my shift points.

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2019 10:07:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1484 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 10:48:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kaylos29 Go to Quoted Post
I'd agree that putting the power down is frustrating. I spent a little time running without traction control to see how I could do it. I ended up never down shifting below 3rd gear, even for the hair pins. It became a game of can I carry enough speed and keep the revs high enough to not bog down, while still trying to avoid spinning out even in 3rd gear.

I was nearly able to match my time doing that at 1:31. Then I put traction control back on and doing the same thing to try to avoid activating it, I dropped over a second and a half from my best on the Aston Martin. These are strange cars to say the least.

Also, I spent time running cockpit in the AM and I really wish the shifting lights on the steering wheel were visible in chase cam. I haven't yet mastered shifting by sound and that made it really easy to hit my shift points.

Kaylos what I did in the Aston Martin was change the gears to run 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Getting like 85 in 1st, 115 in 2nd and 150 in 3rd. I just need to get some laps in it now.

Also thinking I may try lowering some of the HP. who cares if the PI goes down if I can get better lap times. HAHA

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2019 10:49:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

60 Pages<<585960Prev

Notification

Icon
Error