This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
30 Pages<<282930Prev
#726 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:51:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FACR Mechanical Go to Quoted Post
Well, I am just going to say it. The last settings I posted were utter rubbish. I tried to cling onto my Dec update settings, took some bad advice, and it ended up a bit of a dogs breakfast. I've been struggling ever since the last update and rushed posting settings. I guess I felt some pressure to recreate what essentially must have been a bit of a fluke the first time around. The overall feel of my Feb update settings was actually spongy and vague as it turns out. Please disregard.

Now, I'd like to extend thanks to an FACR buddy, FACR CrazyEyes, for putting me onto Blue's YouTube video on the FFB forces, and the uber cool interactive graph that goes with it. Massive thanks to Blue of course for the work on this too. So, I listened, I learned, I reset all my FFB settings to zero, and I started again FROM SCRATCH. As instructed in the video, I started with MTS. Added PTS, Added ATS. Set FFS and then fed in everything else. Ran laps, tweaked, changed classes, ran laps, tweaked and so on.

So now I'd like to present some settings for a TX that don't feel like trying to steer a mattress on wheels round Spa in Forza GT, but instead feel pretty precise. Last post until they do another update -

VS 95 (to get braking scrub sensation near lock up)
FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 50
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

I had to delay my turn in slightly to adapt, but now I can hit the apex every damn time.

As always, I hope these help somebody out there in the Forza Community, and happy racing.
You may have stated this already but I know that you are using the TX, but on what platform? PC or console? I am now back to PC and have to say they feel better to me with being able to globally set the FFB strength down some at the driver level. I have been using your settings and do like them, but I did go back about 2 versions ago as I didn't like the feel of the one before this one. I am looking forward to trying these new ones out tonight

Polly says you need to "Submit a Support Ticket" !
#727 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:00:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Well, I am just going to say it. The last settings I posted were utter rubbish. I tried to cling onto my Dec update settings, took some bad advice, and it ended up a bit of a dogs breakfast. I've been struggling ever since the last update and rushed posting settings. I guess I felt some pressure to recreate what essentially must have been a bit of a fluke the first time around. The overall feel of my Feb update settings was actually spongy and vague as it turns out. Please disregard.

Now, I'd like to extend thanks to an FACR buddy, FACR CrazyEyes, for putting me onto Blue's YouTube video on the FFB forces, and the uber cool interactive graph that goes with it. Massive thanks to Blue of course for the work on this too. So, I listened, I learned, I reset all my FFB settings to zero, and I started again FROM SCRATCH. As instructed in the video, I started with MTS. Added PTS, Added ATS. Set FFS and then fed in everything else. Ran laps, tweaked, changed classes, ran laps, tweaked and so on.

So now I'd like to present some settings for a TX that don't feel like trying to steer a mattress on wheels round Spa in Forza GT, but instead feel pretty precise. Last post until they do another update -

FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

I had to delay my turn in slightly to adapt, but now I can hit the apex every damn time.

As always, I hope these help somebody out there in the Forza Community, and happy racing.
You may have stated this already but I know that you are using the TX, but on what platform? PC or console? I am now back to PC and have to say they feel better to me with being able to globally set the FFB strength down some at the driver level. I have been using your settings and do like them, but I did go back about 2 versions ago as I didn't like the feel of the one before this one. I am looking forward to trying these new ones out tonight

I’m on the console mate. You should find these settings result in a lighter, smoother and more precise feel. I was able to take Eau Rouge flat out at Spa in the 007 Aston, something that wasn’t possible previously, or at least didn’t feel possible.

1 user liked this post.
#728 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:28:06 PM(UTC)

FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

Hi,
i tested your settings for 20 laps at spa in a M6 GLTM and made just a few minor corrections to fit my preferences (ffb is also a matter of taste), I am really impressed, after a few laps it felt much better than my old setting! I really like it.
I am running just WRA 400 - otherwise i get in trouble with the shifting pedals on the wheel - how do you handle 870 ?
I am running this on PC
Thanks for your work!

EDIT: ok - tried the WRA 870 again - now i understand and stay with this.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:34:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#729 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:21:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cugan67 Go to Quoted Post

FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

Hi,
i tested your settings for 20 laps at spa in a M6 GLTM and made just a few minor corrections to fit my preferences (ffb is also a matter of taste), I am really impressed, after a few laps it felt much better than my old setting! I really like it.
I am running just WRA 400 - otherwise i get in trouble with the shifting pedals on the wheel - how do you handle 870 ?
I am running this on PC
Thanks for your work!

EDIT: ok - tried the WRA 870 again - now i understand and stay with this.

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, you got it - higher WRA equals more sensitivity equals more control once you get used to it after a few laps. I've bounced around between low to high WRA with my other settings, but with this setup high WRA really works well.

1 user liked this post.
#730 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:49:15 PM(UTC)

FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

Thank you for these! They seem to work pretty well on my TS-XW on console as well! Although they probably could use some tweaking for the different base, I don't generally have the time to do that.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:50:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#731 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:19:29 PM(UTC)

FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

I like your settings. Did go with WRA 900 for the FACR HLC. Improved my time by three tenths. Like the way it has a little power steering but with the feel you need. Great job

XBox x, TX

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:23:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#732 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:07:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Coopracing Go to Quoted Post

FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

I like your settings. Did go with WRA 900 for the FACR HLC. Improved my time by three tenths. Like the way it has a little power steering but with the feel you need. Great job

XBox x, TX

Thanks mate. I ran 870 last night and I trimmed off the same. I may try 900 but I think I’ve done enough tweaking the last few weeks tbh.

#733 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:41:50 AM(UTC)
Hello,

I'm not a pro, I have a logitech G920 on xbox one X and for answer the thirst question, I think that was before the Dec 4th and after the DEC 4th.

the sensations are so different that i restart all the tracks and all my times are better !

I take the spec of youtuber (i'm not a pro I said) and I play...simply

So I've discover a new wheel, really... :)

Good game all

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:42:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Top 1 % World FM7 on Mugello : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-3fOumG9A
 2 users liked this post.
#734 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:44:48 AM(UTC)

FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

XBox x, TX

Thanks mate. I ran 870 last night and I trimmed off the same. I may try 900 but I think I’ve done enough tweaking the last few weeks tbh.

I did get to try these settings out last night and I do like them. I do not know what you changed that caused it, but now, for the 1st time, I am actually getting the wheel to return to center while drifting, by itself. I really do hate drifting and only do it when a Forzathon requires me to do it. My dislike has been all do to using the wheel and keeping up with the wheel. Last night was almost bearable when I did the 7500 point challenge for the Monthly. Got over 12000 on a lap with the Mazda Miata FE with the stock tune on it.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:46:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#735 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:45:27 PM(UTC)

FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

XBox x, TX

I did get to try these settings out last night and I do like them. I do not know what you changed that caused it, but now, for the 1st time, I am actually getting the wheel to return to center while drifting, by itself. I really do hate drifting and only do it when a Forzathon requires me to do it. My dislike has been all do to using the wheel and keeping up with the wheel. Last night was almost bearable when I did the 7500 point challenge for the Monthly. Got over 12000 on a lap with the Mazda Miata FE with the stock tune on it.

Must just be a lucky coincidence and the balance is just right in that situation. It’s a pretty balanced setup but I certainly didn’t set it up for drifting.

1 user liked this post.
#736 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 8:55:25 PM(UTC)
Wheel drifting tips,

Mechanical trail is the most important setting for drifting.

Use an old car with stock tyres (slightly wider rear tyres to make the car have an understeer balance is good) and a little bit of power feel best for drifting on a wheel (drift suspension will make it easier to catch huge angles too)

Normal steering is much easier that simulation

c class RX3 drifting
790hp classic Mustang drifting
#737 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 4:42:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Wheel drifting tips,

Mechanical trail is the most important setting for drifting.

Use an old car with stock tyres (slightly wider rear tyres to make the car have an understeer balance is good) and a little bit of power feel best for drifting on a wheel (drift suspension will make it easier to catch huge angles too)

Normal steering is much easier that simulation

c class RX3 drifting
790hp classic Mustang drifting
That may be why as his last numbers has 175 MT. I try not to use S class and above as I am getting to old for things that happen too fast. I can do it but it is just not enjoyable. Most drift builds are in that class so I have stayed away. But I am getting OT so I will stop. It must have been the HIGH MT that did it.
#738 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 5:07:41 AM(UTC)

FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

XBox x, TX

Must just be a lucky coincidence and the balance is just right in that situation. It’s a pretty balanced setup but I certainly didn’t set it up for drifting.

Why would you need different ffb for drifting? If its right its right.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 1 user liked this post.
#739 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 5:20:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post

Because of hardware limitations and how FFB wheels work.
#740 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:40:38 PM(UTC)
FYI Fanatec users on Xbox need to download the lastest firmware. Beta release driver v327 still needs a little more testing before it's an official firmware. It fixes the clipping and the forces on the Xbox being too high
#741 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:41:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post

Because of hardware limitations and how FFB wheels work.

Ive never used different settings for drifting and racing, in any game on any wheel I own. That includes fm7 (pre new ffb and after the update) and fh4. If the ffb is set up in a balanced way, and not to an extreme on either end of the scale. It just isnt necessary.
#742 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 1:51:37 AM(UTC)
Just to clarify. I am aware that it’s possible to have your wheel setup differently to assist drifting, but I’ve never tried it as I don’t like drifting. Not suggesting it’s necessary at all.
#743 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 2:50:21 AM(UTC)
FACR Mechanical, yet again loving your work, thanks for sharing all your efforts.

That goes out to all in this thread, great forum feedback and help across the board.
30 Pages<<282930Prev

Notification

Icon
Error