This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
46 Pages<<444546Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#1126 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 3:05:27 PM(UTC)
Just a quick note - I no longer have a TX wheel. I upgraded to a TS-XW (best $ I ever spent), and although so far the settings that work best for me are similar, I am by no means near finalising a good balance. Please no PM's re wheel settings until I post something here - thanks.
#1127 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 4:02:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheRoadrunner77 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone who is more competent than me know of any actual good Thrustmaster TX settings? Many settings I've tried just turned out to be drift settings, outdated by now, or felt awful (Too light or slow).

Here's my new settings for a light but communicative wheel for racing. Please remember to use this as a starting point & tweak it to your liking:

Force Feedback Scale: 200

(Keep this at 200. Do not change the Force Feedback Scale.)

Aligning Torque Scale: 200

(Decrease if you increase both the Mechanical Trail Scale & Pneumatic Trail Scale together. But if you do not increase either, keep it at 200.)

Mechanical Trail Scale: 39

Pneumatic Trail Scale: 20

(Decrease Mechanical Trail Scale & increase Pneumatic Trail Scale if you want to feel the load & of the tyre & peak grip / understeer more. If you want the wheel to rotate faster & smoother when counter-steering, increase Mechanical Trail Scale & decrease Pneumatic Trail Scale.)

Road Feel Scale: 20

(Bump the Road Feel Scale up to whatever you like if you'd like to feel more of the road surface & bumps. Make it higher for open wheel cars & race cars & lower for road cars. Do not go higher than the Pneumatic Trail with the Road Feel Scale.)

Load Sensitivity: 100 (Do not change.)

Wheel Damper Scale: 10 (Do not go any higher than this. It gives a small amount of resistance when stationary & prevents oscillations. If you set this higher than 10 it will interfere with the speed at which the wheel rotates when counter-steering. If you find the wheel to be too dead feeling or too sluggish, reduce completely.)

Centre Spring Scale: 10 (Do not go higher than this. Reduce if you feel the Dynamic Force Feedback is being effected negatively.)

Dynamic Damper Behavior: 100 (Do Not Reduce.)
Wheel Rotation Angle: 360 to 420 (F1, INDYCAR, LMP, FE, Track Day Cars) 720 to 840 (GT Cars, Touring Cars, Track Day Cars, Drift Cars) 900°+ (All Road Legal Cars.)

Steering Linearity: 47 (Do not go lower than 47 or higher than 50.)

Hope this helps everyone out!

These settings I listed earlier in the thread are meant for the Thrustmaster TX. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a go. If you have trialled it out & didn't enjoy it, let me know exactly what you don't like about it so I can point you in the correct direction.

I'm still tweaking some settings for a much heavier wheel but with a similar dynamic to the settings I've just quoted. Might have that done tonight.

What would I set my Control Panel settings to on PC if I were to use these settings?
#1128 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:56:33 AM(UTC)
Sort of off topic but xbox announced that all xbox peripherals will work on the new scarlett. Does that mean if I buy a ts-xw that it will work on scarlett or is that just for xbox brand peripherals?
 2 users liked this post.
#1129 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 5:18:26 AM(UTC)
Does anyone who is more competent than me know of any actual good Thrustmaster TX settings? Many settings I've tried just turned out to be drift settings, outdated by now, or felt awful (Too light or slow).

Here's my new settings for a light but communicative wheel for racing. Please remember to use this as a starting point & tweak it to your liking:

Force Feedback Scale: 200

(Keep this at 200. Do not change the Force Feedback Scale.)

Aligning Torque Scale: 200

(Decrease if you increase both the Mechanical Trail Scale & Pneumatic Trail Scale together. But if you do not increase either, keep it at 200.)

Mechanical Trail Scale: 39

Pneumatic Trail Scale: 20

(Decrease Mechanical Trail Scale & increase Pneumatic Trail Scale if you want to feel the load & of the tyre & peak grip / understeer more. If you want the wheel to rotate faster & smoother when counter-steering, increase Mechanical Trail Scale & decrease Pneumatic Trail Scale.)

Road Feel Scale: 20

(Bump the Road Feel Scale up to whatever you like if you'd like to feel more of the road surface & bumps. Make it higher for open wheel cars & race cars & lower for road cars. Do not go higher than the Pneumatic Trail with the Road Feel Scale.)

Load Sensitivity: 100 (Do not change.)

Wheel Damper Scale: 10 (Do not go any higher than this. It gives a small amount of resistance when stationary & prevents oscillations. If you set this higher than 10 it will interfere with the speed at which the wheel rotates when counter-steering. If you find the wheel to be too dead feeling or too sluggish, reduce completely.)

Centre Spring Scale: 10 (Do not go higher than this. Reduce if you feel the Dynamic Force Feedback is being effected negatively.)

Dynamic Damper Behavior: 100 (Do Not Reduce.)
Wheel Rotation Angle: 360 to 420 (F1, INDYCAR, LMP, FE, Track Day Cars) 720 to 840 (GT Cars, Touring Cars, Track Day Cars, Drift Cars) 900°+ (All Road Legal Cars.)

Steering Linearity: 47 (Do not go lower than 47 or higher than 50.)

Hope this helps everyone out!

These settings I listed earlier in the thread are meant for the Thrustmaster TX. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a go. If you have trialled it out & didn't enjoy it, let me know exactly what you don't like about it so I can point you in the correct direction.

I'm still tweaking some settings for a much heavier wheel but with a similar dynamic to the settings I've just quoted. Might have that done tonight.

What would I set my Control Panel settings to on PC if I were to use these settings?

Sorry for the late reply, these are now my old settings, I'll update them tonight if possible with the PC Control Panel Settings.
#1130 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 5:08:07 PM(UTC)
Just wanted to note my experience with the settings from the following:

https://www.youtube.com/...bc&feature=youtu.be

While I finally get a realistic response from my steering the one thing I found is I still cannot recover from a slide like I can on a controller. Don't know if this is just due to realism of wheel but if I leave braking arrows on I can recover on the controller on red arrows fairly regularly I can't on yellow/orange with the wheel.

I do have times where I can but other times it seems like no matter how much counter-steer (either littler or a lot) that I input It just spins out of control. I think from what I've read that I need to be in simulation not normal for these setting so I will try that tomorrow. However as it stands just can't drive as fast with these settings as I can on the controller (by a noticeable margin). Hopefully setting to simulation will fix this. Will report back when I have a chance to test.

I do want to be very clear though that with these settings the feedback is WAY more similar to real life racing. I had a race car for 2-3 years and before these settings I couldn't get the feedback necessary to truly asses the situation of my traction. So I think that while I have the feedback to know I'm going to fast it seems I don't have the feedback to discern how much counter-steer to provide to resolve the slide.
#1131 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 10:55:42 AM(UTC)
Has anyone else noticed a thud in the force feedback when turning? Seems to happen at a certain amount of resistance in either direction. It starts to happen after several minutes of playing either FM7 or H4 and to fix it I have found that I have to hit the Xbox button and go to the home screen then straight back to the game and the issue is gone until the next time I start up the Xbox. I havnt been able to pinpoint a pattern that sets it off, seems to happen mid race. The thud also doesn't register on the force feedback live graph.

Thrustmaster TX r.54 on a OneX
#1132 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:31:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Russtic Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone else noticed a thud in the force feedback when turning? Seems to happen at a certain amount of resistance in either direction. It starts to happen after several minutes of playing either FM7 or H4 and to fix it I have found that I have to hit the Xbox button and go to the home screen then straight back to the game and the issue is gone until the next time I start up the Xbox. I havnt been able to pinpoint a pattern that sets it off, seems to happen mid race. The thud also doesn't register on the force feedback live graph.

Thrustmaster TX r.54 on a OneX

Never noticed this. Running a TX as well.

Are all drivers and firmware up to date?

What are your FFB settings?
#1133 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:16:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IR STiGGLES Go to Quoted Post
Sort of off topic but xbox announced that all xbox peripherals will work on the new scarlett. Does that mean if I buy a ts-xw that it will work on scarlett or is that just for xbox brand peripherals?

If it's licensed to work on the Xbox One consoles, it will work on the Scarlett Consoles. A TS-XW, TMX, TX, G920, Fanatec CSL/CS/Podium bases with XB1 Licensed wheel rims, Hori Wheels, and the XB1 Controllers, Fight Sticks and what not, will work. The only thing I have no clue on if it would work with the Scarlett is the XB1's Kinect. Then again, I'm not sure if anyone cares about the Kinect working.

Time to hit the road.

Take care!
 1 user liked this post.
#1134 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 2:25:29 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone, a long-time lurker here. Thought I'll share my settings since it's such a complex and subjective topic.

I'm using a Thrustmaster TMX Pro (with the T3PA pedals) updated to the latest firmware on an Xbox One S. I just started playing Forza Motorsports 7 about 2 weeks ago (have 17 hours of playtime on FM7). Before that I played Project CARS for 90 hours.
Initially I configured the wheel settings using Blue028's (thanks for sharing your setup) values from here and adjusted to my liking: https://forums.forzamoto...think.aspx#post_1093655

Quote:

Assists:

Braking: ABS On
Steering: Simulation
Traction Control: Off
Stability Control: Off
Shifting: Manual
Friction Assist: Off
Collision Assist: Off

Advanced Controller Options

Vibration Scale: 50
Force Feedback scale: 130
Aligning Torque Scale: 100
Mechanical Trail Scale: 110
Pneumatic Trail Scale: 160
Road Feel Scale: 75
Load Sensitivity: 30
Wheel Damper Scale: 25
Center Spring Scale: 0
Dynamic Damper Behaviour: 100
Wheel Rotation Angle: 720
Steering Linearity: 50

For the moment these are the settings that I feel most comfortable with, since it feels close to how it felt on Project CARS. Still some of my cars start to spin when accelerating too heavily out of corners and I'm having a difficult time to correct the spin once the car is sliding. This is mostly the case with strong/heavy cars (like the Ferrari FF AWD or the Porsche 911 GT2 RS), so I need to be very careful with acceleration when leaving a turn.

For the wheel rotation angle I keep the game's settings at 720 and use the wheel's mode settings ("mode" + right shifter) to change to a lower wheel rotation angle for open-wheel cars. A quick note: for open-wheel cars, it is recommended to use manual shifting, otherwise it's nearly impossible to start a race in a straight line in a Lotus Type 49.

Thanks for everyone who provided their settings here, it helped me setup mine. Let me know if there's anything I can improve on my side.

Edited by user Sunday, August 18, 2019 10:45:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: I updated my wheel settings

46 Pages<<444546Prev

Notification

Icon
Error