This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
43 Pages<<414243Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#1051 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:10:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheRoadrunner77 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone who is more competent than me know of any actual good Thrustmaster TX settings? Many settings I've tried just turned out to be drift settings, outdated by now, or felt awful (Too light or slow).

Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Here's my new settings for a light but communicative wheel for racing. Please remember to use this as a starting point & tweak it to your liking:

Force Feedback Scale: 200

(Keep this at 200. Do not change the Force Feedback Scale.)

Aligning Torque Scale: 200

(Decrease if you increase both the Mechanical Trail Scale & Pneumatic Trail Scale together. But if you do not increase either, keep it at 200.)

Mechanical Trail Scale: 39

Pneumatic Trail Scale: 20

(Decrease Mechanical Trail Scale & increase Pneumatic Trail Scale if you want to feel the load & of the tyre & peak grip / understeer more. If you want the wheel to rotate faster & smoother when counter-steering, increase Mechanical Trail Scale & decrease Pneumatic Trail Scale.)

Road Feel Scale: 20

(Bump the Road Feel Scale up to whatever you like if you'd like to feel more of the road surface & bumps. Make it higher for open wheel cars & race cars & lower for road cars. Do not go higher than the Pneumatic Trail with the Road Feel Scale.)

Load Sensitivity: 100 (Do not change.)

Wheel Damper Scale: 10 (Do not go any higher than this. It gives a small amount of resistance when stationary & prevents oscillations. If you set this higher than 10 it will interfere with the speed at which the wheel rotates when counter-steering. If you find the wheel to be too dead feeling or too sluggish, reduce completely.)

Centre Spring Scale: 10 (Do not go higher than this. Reduce if you feel the Dynamic Force Feedback is being effected negatively.)

Dynamic Damper Behavior: 100 (Do Not Reduce.)
Wheel Rotation Angle: 360 to 420 (F1, INDYCAR, LMP, FE, Track Day Cars) 720 to 840 (GT Cars, Touring Cars, Track Day Cars, Drift Cars) 900°+ (All Road Legal Cars.)

Steering Linearity: 47 (Do not go lower than 47 or higher than 50.)

Hope this helps everyone out!

These settings I listed earlier in the thread are meant for the Thrustmaster TX. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a go. If you have trialled it out & didn't enjoy it, let me know exactly what you don't like about it so I can point you in the correct direction.

I'm still tweaking some settings for a much heavier wheel but with a similar dynamic to the settings I've just quoted. Might have that done tonight.
#1052 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 3:09:06 AM(UTC)
If you don't think you have to turn the wheel 90 degrees to take a bend like that, why don't you just either decrease the degrees of rotation or increase the linearity?

Because that's not the problem, it's the lag that's the problem. The extra turning is to compensate for the filtering, because if you turn it more than the true required amount, the filtered value that lags behind will more quickly get to where you want it to be.

I've just tried GT Sport with my wheel via a Drive Hub. Within 30 minutes I was substantially faster than I was with a controller, having played it for a week with a controller. So Forza remains unique in me finding the controller so much better than a wheel, and I'm not unusual in that, e.g. Super GT has an excellent wheel setup but still uses a controller for Forza. Forza has, to me, a feeling of disconnectedness between the wheel and the car that just isn't there in any other game, nor is it there when using a controller in Forza.

I'm sure you can get used to it, to some extent, if all you ever play is Forza with a wheel. Heck, I can get used to driving with an entire second of lag and drive from the Elgato output to some extent. But I've found that as soon as I switch to either the controller in Forza, or the wheel in another game, it's immediately obvious to me how bad the experience has been in Forza.
#1053 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 3:40:26 AM(UTC)
I don't have your lag..
 3 users liked this post.
#1054 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 10:17:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
If you don't think you have to turn the wheel 90 degrees to take a bend like that, why don't you just either decrease the degrees of rotation or increase the linearity?

Because that's not the problem, it's the lag that's the problem. The extra turning is to compensate for the filtering, because if you turn it more than the true required amount, the filtered value that lags behind will more quickly get to where you want it to be.

I've just tried GT Sport with my wheel via a Drive Hub. Within 30 minutes I was substantially faster than I was with a controller, having played it for a week with a controller. So Forza remains unique in me finding the controller so much better than a wheel, and I'm not unusual in that, e.g. Super GT has an excellent wheel setup but still uses a controller for Forza. Forza has, to me, a feeling of disconnectedness between the wheel and the car that just isn't there in any other game, nor is it there when using a controller in Forza.

I'm sure you can get used to it, to some extent, if all you ever play is Forza with a wheel. Heck, I can get used to driving with an entire second of lag and drive from the Elgato output to some extent. But I've found that as soon as I switch to either the controller in Forza, or the wheel in another game, it's immediately obvious to me how bad the experience has been in Forza.

Sigh!!!

Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

I can go and take a road car and a track that is shared between Forza, Project Cars 2, and Assetto Corsa, with my T300 wheel set to 1080°; record the footage of my wheel for each one and upload it. It will look pretty much identical in each game.

If I was to record footage of my wheel while driving in F1 2017, as Breeminator keeps harping on about. Which I do own. My steering would look different, because I would be running a much lower wheel rotation for a car that is basically a figher jet for the track. So the change of direction will be much more direct and immdiate. Its expected it will require less movement in order to turn more. The F1 car in Forza is the same, assuming you lower the wheel rotation. Its much more direct and immdiate. 360° is usually what I aim for in the F1 car.

Also, I think people keep forgetting that I dont just play Forza -

Watch this video clip - https://youtu.be/WnXSNs_I9h4

Nurburgring GP. Used the BRZ in Forza and the GT86 in Assetto Corsa. You can cearly see there is barely any difference in line used and the steering amount on my T300 on that line.

We get that you dont like Forza on a wheel, but stop spreading misinformation about using a wheel in Forza. You do nothing to help the situation, do more damage to reducing wheel uptake; and create a block towards the real and helpful information people post in this thread!

As for Super GT, you shoudnt come in here and talk on their behalf. They are their own person, and if they wish to vocalise any potential issues they have with using a wheel on Forza. Or whatever their own reasons are for not using said wheel in Forza. Well, they are a member on this forum; and I am pretty sure they are capable of saying something if they wanted too.
 1 user liked this post.
#1055 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 7:59:34 AM(UTC)
If anything too little steering input is required not too much....
 1 user liked this post.
#1056 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 7:03:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheRoadrunner77 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone who is more competent than me know of any actual good Thrustmaster TX settings? Many settings I've tried just turned out to be drift settings, outdated by now, or felt awful (Too light or slow).

Here's my new settings for a light but communicative wheel for racing. Please remember to use this as a starting point & tweak it to your liking:

Force Feedback Scale: 200

(Keep this at 200. Do not change the Force Feedback Scale.)

Aligning Torque Scale: 200

(Decrease if you increase both the Mechanical Trail Scale & Pneumatic Trail Scale together. But if you do not increase either, keep it at 200.)

Mechanical Trail Scale: 39

Pneumatic Trail Scale: 20

(Decrease Mechanical Trail Scale & increase Pneumatic Trail Scale if you want to feel the load & of the tyre & peak grip / understeer more. If you want the wheel to rotate faster & smoother when counter-steering, increase Mechanical Trail Scale & decrease Pneumatic Trail Scale.)

Road Feel Scale: 20

(Bump the Road Feel Scale up to whatever you like if you'd like to feel more of the road surface & bumps. Make it higher for open wheel cars & race cars & lower for road cars. Do not go higher than the Pneumatic Trail with the Road Feel Scale.)

Load Sensitivity: 100 (Do not change.)

Wheel Damper Scale: 10 (Do not go any higher than this. It gives a small amount of resistance when stationary & prevents oscillations. If you set this higher than 10 it will interfere with the speed at which the wheel rotates when counter-steering. If you find the wheel to be too dead feeling or too sluggish, reduce completely.)

Centre Spring Scale: 10 (Do not go higher than this. Reduce if you feel the Dynamic Force Feedback is being effected negatively.)

Dynamic Damper Behavior: 100 (Do Not Reduce.)
Wheel Rotation Angle: 360 to 420 (F1, INDYCAR, LMP, FE, Track Day Cars) 720 to 840 (GT Cars, Touring Cars, Track Day Cars, Drift Cars) 900°+ (All Road Legal Cars.)

Steering Linearity: 47 (Do not go lower than 47 or higher than 50.)

Hope this helps everyone out!

These settings I listed earlier in the thread are meant for the Thrustmaster TX. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a go. If you have trialled it out & didn't enjoy it, let me know exactly what you don't like about it so I can point you in the correct direction.

I'm still tweaking some settings for a much heavier wheel but with a similar dynamic to the settings I've just quoted. Might have that done tonight.

I have not played in quite a while so
Putting your settings to use with my TMX.

Feels pretty good but a bit light feeling. What should I adjust to get a bit more heaviness? Not looking for much more but don't want to mess up what you've done by just changing settings on my own.
 1 user liked this post.
#1057 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:24:53 AM(UTC)
Haven't done this for a while, but, here is some important info for anyone using my settings. Tune the Wheel per Car and use the Steering Lock scale for each car. I've found that reducing the wheel FFB scale to 90-70 depending on the car, and reducing lock to 90 generally gives the best results. The trick is to reduce the per car wheel Tuning FFb Scale enough so that you start to feel the scrubbing effect when under heavy load in a corner. That is the sweet spot.

Controller settings:

VS 60
FFS 100
ATS 110
MTS 15
PTS 170
RFS 50
LS 70
WDS 25
CSS 5
DDB 90
WRA 840
SL 50

There are a million ways to do this and get the same results. This is my way. It works very well. Give it a try if you like. Thrustmaster TX.

Happy Racing.
#1058 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:17:24 AM(UTC)
I am a big fan of EPIC EVAN's settings...……. but I have to admit out of curiosity .........….I've just tried your latest settings and I am suitably impressed ………..

You have achieved a lovely feeling of both the vehicle's weight and control …..which for me is essential ......…….for giving the driving sensation an authentic...…..realistic...….. real world feel....

I have to agree with you that there seems to be numerous ways to achieve a credible driving experience...……. by using the many different combinations of the various forces settings in different ways...

This I find amazing as there appears to be no common thread with the various setting's actual values ………….

I cant help thinking that Turn 10 ......to supplement what I consider to be a quite exceptional racing experience ……...should have tested every wheel that the game supports..... ..and given us recommended settings as a starting point for each individual wheel …………..

Instead of expecting us to individually permutate a whole load of settings ….accompanied by technical jargon...…….which as you say can give endless combinations of all the forces involved...………

I would hate to be some one new to the Sim Racing world …..buying Forza 7 and a Wheel …….expecting out of the box realism / enjoyment ………..I sure they would be disappointed & disillusioned...

Especially if they were unaware of the Forza Forum …….and even that could be overwhelming...…….

As you well know ........there are now over 40 pages of input...……...relating to the force feedback issues associated with all the various wheels...…….

Thank you for persevering with the fine tuning of your TX results ………..which I am sure must have been tedious & head scratching at times...………..

43 Pages<<414243Prev

Notification

Icon
Error