This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
23 Pages<<212223Prev
#551 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 7:24:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hoosierider1 Go to Quoted Post
"track with the round-about at the flowerbed/fountain"

Long Beach?

Sounds right... Thank you.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#552 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 11:31:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
Well, to move back on topic… in my experience thus far, everything seems to be working properly. The Penalty Systems has only penalized me when I have actually made a mistake and cut in too much on a corner, or over-extended one. Getting pushed or rammed off the track has not resulted in a penalty. Overshooting (running wide) has not resulted in a penalty either.

As for Track Limits, I don’t necessarily have a problem with them; however, I have found I do need to keep the Track Limit Line on to know where the limits are. As I recall, it appeared there were a few areas where the Track Limits are on the tarmac. Meaning, without the line, if I just used the tarmac as a reference, I would have been “Off-Track” in some spots. I’m not positive (I didn’t take notes) but I believe the tracks in question were Silverstone and Rio? (the track with the round-about at the flowerbed/fountain that the rammers get stuck in).

The exit of turn 6 at Long Beach includes a section of tarmac that isn't considered part of the track and will dirty a lap if you extend too much. There may be another bit on the straight out of the final turn as well, but I can't recall just now.
#553 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 11:50:44 AM(UTC)
Now with penalties, it's very apparent how bad the track limits are lol, looks like they will have to redo a lot of them.
 3 users liked this post.
#554 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 1:03:00 PM(UTC)
The track limits in FM7 are what they are, deal with it.

Arguing over the track limits in FM7, based on the fact that running wider on turn X at track Y is allowed by Z sanctioning body, is like arguing over the 55mph speed limit on interstate highways in Washington DC, based on the fact that 85mph is allowed on the Texas State Highway 130.

1 user liked this post.
#555 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 1:18:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sentenza1591 Go to Quoted Post

Arguing over the track limits in FM7, based on the fact that running wider on turn X at track Y is allowed by Z sanctioning body, is like arguing over the 55mph speed limit on interstate highways in Washington DC, based on the fact that 85mph is allowed on the Texas State Highway 130.

Nope, they are bad and your example is horrible.

Track limits made by someone that doesn't know motorsport and doesn't watch motorsport. Very easy to draw a line around the tarmac and call it a job well done.
 2 users liked this post.
#556 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 1:36:28 PM(UTC)
I did 2 or 3 races earlier today (first time I tested the beta hopper), and several people, including me, managed to get zero penalty consistently.

People can either decide that the track limits are bad and remain frustrated with it, or accept the track limits and enjoy the game. I made my choice :)
 1 user liked this post.
#557 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 3:49:33 PM(UTC)
The track limits could be better, but the racing has been pretty clean. They need to look at how gaining/losing positions is handled. Getting 10 seconds for going wide to avoid spinning cars at 2 and 3 at le mans, or getting 3 seconds for getting knocked a foot wide at the bottom chicane at lime rock and not giving up 2 positions gets old pretty quickly.

Hopefully when the collision penalties are added it will work better but it's annoying getting inconsistently punished for avoiding accidents.
 2 users liked this post.
#558 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 4:57:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post

Track limits made by someone that doesn't know motorsport and doesn't watch motorsport. Very easy to draw a line around the tarmac and call it a job well done.

MakeMeLaugh27.......you make me laugh

#559 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 11:56:06 PM(UTC)
I love the FRR. Can’t wait for more to be implemented. Maybe a little less harsh for being pushed out like other people have said but it’s a great start.
 1 user liked this post.
#560 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 3:39:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post

You got any proof to back up this statement?
Polly says you need to "Submit a Ticket" !
 1 user liked this post.
#561 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 10:27:02 PM(UTC)
I like the idea of the race regulations but surely if it’s going to be timed based pentalies then wouldn’t it be better to show time distance rather than meters distance? So you can gauge the window you have to get out off if you have a penalty?
 2 users liked this post.
#562 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 11:30:02 PM(UTC)
This is an excellent start.

Some things to expand the race regulations would be the inclusion of other types of penalties to be served, such as drive-through, stop-and-go, disqualification, illegal overtake countdown, and of course, reprimands for violations which gives the racer no clear advantage. Other things to take inspiration from is the FIA GT World Cup Sporting Regulations as well, which imo is a more suitable set of rules when considering the vast majority of cars raced are street cars.

Starters, making some mistakes like running wide and you gain no advantage, the first three times (at least), you should get reprimanded for them (warnings, no time penalties). This is because people are not perfect, and it's quite difficult to be racing at the absolute maximum and get a clean session out of it. Even the most skilled of all drivers like any Formula 1 driver do make mistakes too. Regarding contact; as long as the contact is light, and the intent is to not force the driver off the track, then the most should be a reprimand for the first couple of incidents.

I've discussed this with some members on Discord, and they are firmly against the penalty system (or Race Regulations). There's really no need to offer arguments for or against it because Turn 10 is clearly doing it for several good reasons, the most significant one is to finally curb the griefers and dirty drivers who are intentionally ruining race sessions and giving everyone a hard time. Another, really, is to promote clean racing (which I am a proponent of). When everyone is racing honestly, then everyone is having a good time, whether he's the winner or loser based on his performance on the track. To deliberately force a driver off the track because you "don't like him or his driving", or you're trying to gain an advantage, I'm sorry to tell you, but you're part of the problem that's being solved. I'm just one of those people who choose not to race online to end up in a Death Race or Wreckfest lobby.

No system in infallible to mistakes; having no penalties for negligence or intent to gain an advantage or ruin everyone's good time is unrealistic if the objective is to promote proper sporting conduct. This also applies to having no collisions racing as well, as it completely removes risk management and making the right call in unusual track situations, which are big aspects to motorsports, both virtual and real life. No collisions racing also boils the skill of the driver down to how fast you can lap a circuit, and how well you can keep within track limits.

Humans aren't infallible as well, and there have been misjudgments before.

Turn 10 can clearly define what's acceptable, and unacceptable, just like everyone else who creates and organises a motorsports event and has it sanctioned by someone like the SCCA, NASCAR, and especially the FIA.

If you are still totally against Forza Race Regulations, and/or my suggestions to expand upon this new system, give me clear evidence and logical arguments as to why it would be "unfair".
I have spreadsheets containing a custom lineup of cars, parts, tuning, and customisation.
#563 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 11:46:54 AM(UTC)
Shortcutters making lobbies dnf in the beta hopper needs to be addressed. At Bugatti circuit, Monza, and Nurburgring GP they dnf'd the field. A few of us finished Le Mans and ended up 1st through 4th due to the penalties. "You can't lose positions if nobody else finishes" beating the system is both hilarious and sad.

They should be able to increase the countdown timer to help combat this for now. Maybe shorten the lobby timer. 2 minutes for a cycled production hopper is too much.
 1 user liked this post.
#564 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 3:36:16 PM(UTC)
The penalty system is I am sure going to be adjusted several times over the next few months. What is nice is although frustrating to get a DNF in a race from corner cutters now, Turn 10 is monitoring everything to make adjustments. All the cutters are doing is showing the loop holes and letting Turn 10 see what needs tweaking....LOL In the long run they are helping us fix the problem.....They better have fun now as I think it is short term for them😏 Rammers are next.....

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2019 3:37:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#565 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 4:58:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
The penalty system is I am sure going to be adjusted several times over the next few months. What is nice is although frustrating to get a DNF in a race from corner cutters now, Turn 10 is monitoring everything to make adjustments. All the cutters are doing is showing the loop holes and letting Turn 10 see what needs tweaking....LOL In the long run they are helping us fix the problem.....They better have fun now as I think it is short term for them😏 Rammers are next.....

Indeed. One night last week when I was in, there were more than a few that displayed the dark side of what's gonna happen if there's no mitigation for rammers: drivers trying to collect penalty high scores by causing as much havoc as possible.

The current time penalties are insufficient for preventing corner cutting on certain tracks. It's still faster to cut corners on, say, Yas and collect the penalty than drive a clean line. Also, sometimes the penalty can be pretty comical - like the time I completely missed my braking point and stuffed the Audi RS7 into the escape wall at 1 on Long Beach. Eight second penalty for cutting. Probably took me at least that long to get that school bus turned around. ;-)
 1 user liked this post.
#566 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 9:15:16 PM(UTC)
Better to have them play the corner cutting games now than them playing nice till the penalties are finalized and then show thier true colors in Forza Motorsport 8. The cutters may not realize it but they are actually helping us get even better racing regulations once Turn 10 gathers all the info they are looking at.....at least that's what I like to think will happen.
#567 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:34:44 AM(UTC)
I’ve read a lot of information here regarding “running wide” and that it shouldn’t be penalized. But from my experience thus far, “running wide” doesn’t cause a penalty. It appears to me that we are confusing “running wide” with “over extending”. To me, these are two separate issues.

My understanding is that “running wide” occurs when you enter a turn too quickly, usually from the inside lane, and miss the apex. In order to prevent going off-track and/or losing control, you have to slow down. This may still take you off the track on the exit, but you have already slowed down and gained no advantage from the error. Hence, no penalty.

“Over Extending”, on the other hand, is when you intentionally take the turn too fast and extend off the track on the exit. I believe the reason some have received penalties for this is because they received a benefit by taking the turn quicker than those who are staying within the track limits.

As someone mentioned previously, the track limits, right or wrong, make for a level playing field. I don’t think there should be any leniency for those that elect to over extend on exits or entries to corners.
#568 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 3:58:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
I’ve read a lot of information here regarding “running wide” and that it shouldn’t be penalized. But from my experience thus far, “running wide” doesn’t cause a penalty. It appears to me that we are confusing “running wide” with “over extending”. To me, these are two separate issues.

My understanding is that “running wide” occurs when you enter a turn too quickly, usually from the inside lane, and miss the apex. In order to prevent going off-track and/or losing control, you have to slow down. This may still take you off the track on the exit, but you have already slowed down and gained no advantage from the error. Hence, no penalty.

“Over Extending”, on the other hand, is when you intentionally take the turn too fast and extend off the track on the exit. I believe the reason some have received penalties for this is because they received a benefit by taking the turn quicker than those who are staying within the track limits.

As someone mentioned previously, the track limits, right or wrong, make for a level playing field. I don’t think there should be any leniency for those that elect to over extend on exits or entries to corners.

Two posts above you states that they got a penalty for going wide. I've also experienced the same thing when I was no-brake rammed off the track head first into a wall. I had to back up and the game still gave me a penalty. It does penalize regardless of going wide or extending.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:04:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#569 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:02:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: One Refort Go to Quoted Post
Two posts above you states that they got a penalty for going wide. I've also experienced the same thing when I was no-brake rammed off the track head first into a wall. I had to back up and the game still gave me a penalty. It does penalize regardless of going wide or extending.

That's very strange... At Long Beach, I was slapped around numerous times, being forced off-track periodically throughout the entire race; yet I finished with no penalties at all.

#570 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:50:13 AM(UTC)

SPA Circuit

first corner accidents

step in the middle of the cars

a car arrives that hits me from behind sending me on the wall out of the box, 19 seconds penalty for me

good job TURN10

#571 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:02:21 AM(UTC)
You do know it's still a BETA, right?
23 Pages<<212223Prev

Notification

Icon
Error