This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 10:43:13 PM(UTC)
Is it possible to either change the forum color scheme, or someone can fix whatever causes the horrible refresh effect every time I load a page?

The forum background is black, and whenever a new page loads the screen flashes all-white just before the color scheme loads in. This flash literally hurts my eyes. Honestly I close my eyes and look away every single time I click something. Before anyone claims my PC is to slow or whatever, please believe me when I say this problem occurs ONLY on this particular website, and my PC is ridiculously overpowered for purpose of web browsing. I'm not a web UI guy but clearly this is something to do with how the pages are loaded/rendered. Every other website I've ever visited retains its background color scheme between page loads.

EDIT: I'm using latest "Edge" browser. Though this issue has been ongoing for at least a year, so it's nothing to do with latest version.

Edited by user Friday, October 19, 2018 10:46:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 1:45:22 PM(UTC)
I've switched to Chrome and the problem is gone. Whatever the problem is, it's specific to how Edge renders the pages. I've paid closer attention and I can for that brief moment when the whole screen flashes white, the Address Bar shows the word "blank". Chrome doesn't do that. I guess Edge is wasting its time literally rendering a literal blank page and then rendering the actual page. I'll avoid Edge.

Edited by user Sunday, October 21, 2018 1:48:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 1:41:44 PM(UTC)
Nope, it's happening on Chrome as well, just not as bad. Sometimes it flashes, but so fast it's almost bearable. Often it doesn't flash at all. The problem is when I open a new tab or close a tab. When opening a new tab, an entire blank/white page opens up, and then the page loads the black background. I honestly don't see this happening on any other website, but maybe it's because hardly any websites I visit use a custom background? Maybe the website is themed in such a way that the black background isn't the very first thing that renders?

Oh well. I guess I'll go back to closing my eyes and turning my head.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2018 1:46:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 12:15:28 PM(UTC)
Try Internet Explorer or Firefox maybe?

But yes, this site is abandoned in a development point of view.
They probably don't see an opportunity here. It's very basic.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:44:18 AM(UTC)
...Where is the option to change to a white background? (& save function, to always load it to my profile when i log in)
I constantly change to Negative Mode on my phone to get the desired theme.
being Moderated Indefinitely. I have No Freedom like u do. i have to become accustom & forced to enjoy the leash that seems like it would never be removed
#6 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 1:36:12 PM(UTC)
can we get a fix to this atari code forum???? its like we are living in 1988...... you know there is a issue so fix it.... people should not even have to comment about this and if you cant fix it atleat give a response.....
#7 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 2:44:57 PM(UTC)
Atari.. goteem

I agree, the white screen is annoying. YouTube's night mode loads a blank grey screen immediately, then the elements on top.

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2019 2:47:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:13:48 AM(UTC)
How can I view this site without eye burning contrast of black background and white text ?
(Chrome at work not possible to install extensions)

Edited by user Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:15:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:20:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RobPhoboS Go to Quoted Post
How can I view this site without eye burning contrast of black background and white text ?

Is it that bad?
The background is mostly dark gray and the text light gray... Only some titles are white.

Maybe your screen is not calibrated? It happens.
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:58:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RobPhoboS Go to Quoted Post

Hold the Windows key and the + key at the same time to open magnifier, then hold CTRL, ALT and i to invert the colors on your screen.
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:08:25 PM(UTC)
Wild. Lol.

Notification

Icon
Error