This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 11:48:54 AM(UTC)
Hi all, what do you think about the cost of cars in the Forzathon shop? As you can see below the price has been on the increase.

Winter January 10th
275 FP Car: 2013 Caterham Superlight R500 FE (existing Exclusive model)
150 FP Car: 2010 Morgan Aero Supersports (available in the Autoshow)

Spring January 17th
300 FP Car: 1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396 Forza Edition (existing Exclusive model)
175 FP Car: 2014 Lamborghini Urus Concept (available in the Autoshow)

Summer January 24th
400 FP Car: 2016 Aston Martin Vulcan FE (existing Exclusive model)
500 FP Car: 2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine (existing Exclusive model)

Autumn January 31st
400 FP Car: 2012 Lamborghini Aventador FE (existing Exclusive model)
600 FP Car: 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (existing Exclusive model)

Winter February 7th
450 FP Car: 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed FE (existing Exclusive model)
600 FP Car: 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha (existing Exclusive model)

Spring February 14th
400 FP Car: 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 Black Series FE (existing Exclusive model)
800 FP Car: 2018 Honda Civic Type R (existing Exclusive model)

Summer February 21st
400 FP Car: 1980 Renault 5 Turbo FE (existing Exclusive model)
750 FP Car: 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Ford Focus RS RX (existing Exclusive model)

Autumn February 28th
450 FP Car: 1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe FE (existing Exclusive model)
700 FP Car: 1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen (existing Exclusive model)

Winter March 7th
500 FP Car: 1972 Land Rover Series III FE (existing Exclusive model)
700 FP Car: 2018 KTM X-Bow GT4 (existing Exclusive model)

Spring March 14th
500 FP Car: 2004 Maserati MC12 FE (existing Exclusive model)
750 FP Car: 2017 Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Ford Fiesta ST (existing Exclusive model)

Summer March 21st
650 FP Car: 1931 Bentley 8-Liter (1,500,00 CR in the Autoshow, Story reward)
750 FP Car: 2010 Volkswagen Golf R (existing Exclusive model)

August March 28th
650 FP Car: 1958 Aston Martin DBR1 (10 million CR value)
600 FP Car: 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 (existing Exclusive model)

Winter April 4th
650 FP Car: 1939 Auto Union Type D (10 million CR value)
750 FP Car: 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (existing Exclusive model)

Spring April 11th
650 FP Car: 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO (10 million CR value)
500 FP Car: 1993 McLaren F1 (2 million CR value)

Summer April 18th
650 FP Car: 1965 Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Hoonicorn (existing Exclusive model)
500 FP Car: 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C (2,100,000 CR value)

Autumn April 25th
700 FP Car: 2017 Maserati Levanti S (existing Exclusive model)
700 FP Car: 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT (existing Exclusive model)

Edited by user Friday, April 19, 2019 4:48:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 11:53:20 AM(UTC)
They're making much, much more rare cars available, the price increases make sense.
#3 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 11:54:25 AM(UTC)
Everyone wants the good stuff, nobody wants to work for it. So it's a compromise. You're gonna work for it just not as hard, basically...

However, it's still a kick in the nuts to those of us who already worked to get the good stuff the intended way
A Forza fan since the very beginning way back on original Xbox but apparently I'm just a troll who knows nothing...
#4 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:07:23 PM(UTC)
I guess you guys are talking about the 600fp cars are exclusives rather than the previous 150fp cars were autoshow cars. Yes, that price hike makes sense since those cars are so rare and normally had to be won through exclusive events that vanish at season end. Although it's arguable that grinding 20 forzathons live for 600 points is less work than completing a difficult event. I would much prefer the original events return for another chance at it.

But the 275fp FE cars are raised to 450fp without such an explanation.

Its tough that forzathon live is such a grind, after doing it a hundred times it gets to be a chore. I do enjoy the weekly and daily challenges, but they're don't pay enough. 7 dailies and 1 weekly and the bonus is worth 200fp. Still need to do the forzathon live 28 times to get enough fp for both cars. Such a chore. With the increased prices we need more varried and interesting ways to earn fp.
#5 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:11:32 PM(UTC)
The 275/300FP FE cars you listed are very common, too. They go for very little in the Auction House.
#6 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:15:49 PM(UTC)
What is so expensive about normal Hummer H1? I bought it because it was expensive so I thought it must be a beast! Stock wasn't beast at all :D
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 5:19:06 PM(UTC)
Personally I think they are kind of high. Even with the double points from owning that one house. In a Week you have 7 dailys (140 points), 1 weekly bonus for the dailys (60 points), and the weekly challenge (200 points)

So you can get 400 points per week without doing any Forzathon live events. Now lets say you log on Thursday and do 3 dailys and one Forzathon. On Saturday and Sunday, you take care of the weekly challenge and seasonal events as well as some dailys. that takes about 4 hours so you do 4 more Forzathons. On Tuesday or Wednesday you log on to take care of the final daily and do a Forzathon. That gives you 6 Forzathon Live events complete for another 360 points. So ideally I would like the total point value for all previously unavailable (or only available in wheelspin) exclusive items to not exceed 760 points per week. This would include any clothing, emots or horns (I know these are generally unpopular) but I still get the ones I don't have yet.

I do not like the Forzathon Live events, they are boring, time consuming and interrupting to gameplay. I spend up to 5 minutes sitting around waiting for the event to start. Then you spend anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes repeatedly doing the same speed zone, drift zone, or danger sign over and over and over and over and over again. Then after it is done you have to travel back to where you actually want to be to get back to what you were doing before the event.

If they want to hike up the prices in the shop they should add another seasonal championship and make it give Forza points out as a reward. I don't mind working for Forza points, but at 60 points a pop forzathon live events are not a realistic way to get points in a timely fashion.

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 5:26:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 11:17:58 PM(UTC)
The 500 and 600 FP cars recently have been rare wheelspin only cars. Some in the community have complained you can play for a couple of hundred hours and not get all of them.

Because they are rare they can be sold by 'legendary' types for 20m which would take a long time to acquire legitimately. Even then they are on the auction house for a very short time. Other sellers without 'legendary' want you to buy one or more other expensive cars up front to make the full payment.

I think the price is about right. Not out of reach for those who don't have VIP but not too cheap as to devalue to collectable cars.

#9 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 11:51:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HixBot Go to Quoted Post
I guess you guys are talking about the 600fp cars are exclusives rather than the previous 150fp cars were autoshow cars. Yes, that price hike makes sense since those cars are so rare and normally had to be won through exclusive events that vanish at season end. Although it's arguable that grinding 20 forzathons live for 600 points is less work than completing a difficult event. I would much prefer the original events return for another chance at it.

Its tough that forzathon live is such a grind, after doing it a hundred times it gets to be a chore. I do enjoy the weekly and daily challenges, but they're don't pay enough. 7 dailies and 1 weekly and the bonus is worth 200fp. Still need to do the forzathon live 28 times to get enough fp for both cars. Such a chore. With the increased prices we need more varried and interesting ways to earn fp.

200+60+(7×20)=400, leaving 4 live events to get past 600. That is if you dont have any remaining points left. At least for VIP, it's a bit easier. Especially spaced through the whole week.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:06:24 AM(UTC)
My suspicion is some of the decisions are to prevent people making a huge amount of money by buying lots of copies of cars in the forzathon shop that will sell for 20m each when they are no longer available. If they make the exclusive cars available via races instead (e.g. Rip Rod), then everyone can only get one copy. If someone will be able to sell copies of the Hummer for 20m, then at 600 FP for 20m credits it's not quite such an easy way to print game money as it would be if it cost significantly fewer FPs.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:10:31 AM(UTC)
The prices are ok. I mean, I finally got the Limo in a Horizon game. How awesome is that? So much better than getting some generic autoshow junk.

Also, you get about 400 fp for just doing all daily and one weekly challenge.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 1:23:32 AM(UTC)
I've never had any issue getting enough FP and I'm only a causal gamer and very rarely take part in live events. I do have vip though which helps a lot.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:29:03 AM(UTC)
Hummer could be sold for 20 million? So I should probably buy more...
 6 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:58:39 AM(UTC)
The reason for the increase is due to the data collected regarding the average amount of FP that each player currently has.
Also because we want players to enjoy the cars when purchased from the #Forzathon shop as a luxury or worked for (via the challenges) reward.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:59:55 AM(UTC)
I think it's kinda silly that the FE cars, which are given pride of place on the Forzathon Shop screen cost less than the "normal" cars. And I think the newer prices are a bit high, particularly given the limited window.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:17:44 AM(UTC)
If it were to be easy, they'd give it for free.

In the first weeks of game, cars like the 812 Superfast, '19 Porsche GT3 RS, ZR2 Colorado and '18 Civic were all up to 200FP each. Quite cheap, right?

But, people who bought then that time didn't have 5.000 FP like nowadays. It was relatively more expensive because we had less time to grind FPs to buy it. If I knew they'd never come back, I would have worked harder to obtain spares, but they're gone and can only be rarely obtained through the Auction House. That's why people are grinding so hard, in case that some super rare car comes by and it's possible to have multiple copies, but what happened is that most Forzathon Shops (except the last 2 weeks) were so bad that most players, like me, didn't spend a single FP in those weeks, and now we sit with 6000 FP expecting something good appears.

So obviously they have to step up the game, bringing better cars with higher prices, because the market has crashed.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:25:10 AM(UTC)
So if I bought everything in Forzashop from start I have rare cars? But it's not about the price but about the price in AH only?
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:26:02 AM(UTC)
By the way, I used to think that they'd bring Capri FE for like 1000 FP someday.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:30:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
So if I bought everything in Forzashop from start I have rare cars? But it's not about the price but about the price in AH only?

Exactly. The cars I mentioned, plus other Forzathon Shop Exclusive cars (as well as some Event Exclusives, like Hoonigan RS200) are wanted cars. Especially the Ferrari 812 Superfast.

Legendary painter/tuners who post these cars for 20 Million in the Auction House immediately sell them, because they are constantly searched for.

If you're not a legendary painter/tuner, there's another way: posting expensive cars you don't want, like 10M credits cars, the buyer gets them and then you list your rare car for him. The chance of the car getting sniped by someone else, though, is high.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:39:51 AM(UTC)
Wow, thanks for the info. I normally buy it for myself so probably will keep it but good to know! Then FP prices make sense. This game has something for everybody.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:08:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Wow, thanks for the info. I normally buy it for myself so probably will keep it but good to know! Then FP prices make sense. This game has something for everybody.

You are welcome.

I'd never sell these cars if I were you. It would only make sense if you really dislike the car and prefer the credits instead, or if you knew ahead of anyone that the car would come back (which at this point no one knows for sure). Then selling it high and getting it again in the future would sound as a good idea.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:44:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
The reason for the increase is due to the data collected regarding the average amount of FP that each player currently has.

I'm saving up my FP points in hopes that you'll put the Lycan on the lot (hint, hint)…

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 9:56:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HixBot Go to Quoted Post

200+60+(7×20)=400, leaving 4 live events to get past 600. That is if you dont have any remaining points left. At least for VIP, it's a bit easier. Especially spaced through the whole week.

You need 1050fp to get both cars.
without VIP that's (100+30) + 7 x 10 = 200 for challenges, you need 29 live events to get past 1050 for both cars. 29 live events a week plus doing all the challenges is absolutely WAY too much grinding in a single week.

Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Also because we want players to enjoy the cars when purchased from the #Forzathon shop as a luxury or worked for (via the challenges) reward.

Well, personally I don't mind seeing them locked behind difficult challenges like beating unbeatable drivatars or winning a pvp/co-op challenge. I like difficult challenges but I don't like grinding.
Asking us to grind 1050fp every week through at minimum 29 forzathon lives (for non-vip) is not difficult in the skill required, but it's a ton of mindless work. You want us in the game at the top of the hour 29 times a week to do forzathon live.

If you plan on keeping the shop prices where they are, I highly suggest you offer more daily and weekly challenges or pay more for them because at present you're only paying 200fp a week for the challenges (which are enjoyable) but want us to earn the remaining 850fp from forzathon live (which are enjoyable in moderation but 29 times a week is a GRIND!!)

1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:05:05 AM(UTC)
You keep saying VIP, but VIP doesn't get you double points. Lake Lodge gets you double points - so go buy it, no VIP required.

RetroKrystal's post also make it clear that they aren't expecting you to get all of the points in one week. Didn't save any points or bother doing anything from the previous weeks? Bad planning on your part.
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:55:57 AM(UTC)
Saving points from a previous week implies either you earned more than the 1050fp required, or chose not to buy a car. That's quite the plan. I suppose some players grinded a cash cow while things were cheap. It sounds like the devs based the price increase on the average FP sitting unspent instead of the average FP weekly income which would be more fair to new players.

The prices were raised but the total income possible through weekly/daily challenges is the same. The increased income required to afford the price increase is achievable only by doing more Live events.

In my opinion there should be more weekly, daily challenges to complete, or Live events should get an injection of new content.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:56:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error