This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 5:55:53 AM(UTC)
Please fix this. I feel rude, not hearing what others have to say.
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2019 1:31:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Thanks everyone for your information and feedback regarding the issue.

We are aware of this and are currently looking into it.

Best way to chat to other players or your friends is most likely through Xbox Party Chat or through the Xbox App if you're on PC.

3 months have gone by without hearing a SINGLE online player. I see peoples mic lighting up but hear nothing. Also my Mic does not light up. This is absolutely unacceptable for a multiplayer game.. And needs to be fixed. Voice chat is a core element of online gaming. And for it to be ignored for so long is pathetic.

#53 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:55:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xIBR0KEN Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Thanks everyone for your information and feedback regarding the issue.

We are aware of this and are currently looking into it.

Best way to chat to other players or your friends is most likely through Xbox Party Chat or through the Xbox App if you're on PC.

3 months have gone by without hearing a SINGLE online player. I see peoples mic lighting up but hear nothing. Also my Mic does not light up. This is absolutely unacceptable for a multiplayer game.. And needs to be fixed. Voice chat is a core element of online gaming. And for it to be ignored for so long is pathetic.

Its actually been 4 months now. Idk if its going to be fixed any time soon. The pc player base doesn't matter to the dev team and neither do racing game fans only casual gamers. This is looking like its going to be the last horizon game I will buy. Totally blown away how badly they messed up multiplayer. This is why you don't pre order. The glowing reviews have to be paid for because multiplayer is absolute garbage. If the majority of people actually think multiplayer in its current state is great I don't want to be a part of such a lame community anyway.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:16:33 PM(UTC)
Multiplayer is like this because there few enough active players in matchmaking for it, splitting off the classes and disciplines* would make it obvious the 7-million player peak was a marketing trick. Forza Horizon is past it's prime. The old games keep too much of the dedicated playerbase, the new games aren't good enough to bring them forwards.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:06:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: *not divisions

#55 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:20:30 AM(UTC)
Does anyone have their music volume turned down all the way? I wonder if that lowers the volume of other players as well since theres no dedicated slider for it. I'm on PC as well so it could just be a cross platform thing, although it seemed to work fine in FH3.
#56 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:33:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kashu 420 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have their music volume turned down all the way? I wonder if that lowers the volume of other players as well since theres no dedicated slider for it. I'm on PC as well so it could just be a cross platform thing, although it seemed to work fine in FH3.

So this has been established to be PC only? Why is it not in the "known issues" section of release notes?
#57 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:35:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SniffDuhBooty Go to Quoted Post
The pc player base doesn't matter to the dev team

I disagree I'm on PC FH4 is extremely well-optimized for PC which means they put care into that which counts more than mic issues due to cross-platform. If the game had not been optimized well you'd hear constant whining but it is optimized well and you hear crickets except from a few of the media outlets that rightfully praise it. Much better than FH3 and deserving of good reviews as is the game as a whole (unless you only like MP events I hear there are some issue there, glad I don't).
 2 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 3:50:32 PM(UTC)
same thing… can´t hear or talk ...expensive game to not have that fixed
#59 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:08:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BEXTA2 Go to Quoted Post
same thing… can´t hear or talk ...expensive game to not have that fixed

They've known about this issue practically since release and still haven't fixed it. I would think most other game developers would of patched something as basic as voice chat by now.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:18:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post

I disagree I'm on PC FH4 is extremely well-optimized for PC which means they put care into that which counts more than mic issues due to cross-platform. If the game had not been optimized well you'd hear constant whining but it is optimized well and you hear crickets except from a few of the media outlets that rightfully praise it. Much better than FH3 and deserving of good reviews as is the game as a whole (unless you only like MP events I hear there are some issue there, glad I don't).

Well the xbox one is based on windows 10. They developed their console to share many similarities with a pc so that they could develop games for both systems easier. The amount of effort it takes to port a well optimized game from xbox one to windows is very little. Do you honestly think if nobody's mic worked on Xbox One since release it still wouldn't be patched today? Also the MP is the only thing that gives me any replay value. The single player gets old and boring. Playing against AI is stale and not entertaining to me. Thus since this games MP sux its a huge disappointment.
#61 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 11:21:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post

Well the xbox one is based on windows 10. They developed their console to share many similarities with a pc so that they could develop games for both systems easier. The amount of effort it takes to port a well optimized game from xbox one to windows is very little. Do you honestly think if nobody's mic worked on Xbox One since release it still wouldn't be patched today? Also the MP is the only thing that gives me any replay value. The single player gets old and boring. Playing against AI is stale and not entertaining to me. Thus since this games MP sux its a huge disappointment.

If it's such an easy task to port the game then why is FH3 optimization inferior? The mic/audio is an obvious cross-platform issue that if easy to fix I'm sure would be fixed. It's annoying to me as well. Only thing that works is party chat. They should at least put that in "known issues" of the release notes. I don't play MP much there's still a ton of cars I have not driven in the game. If MP is a priority than that does suck as I've heard there are issues with ranked rivals, adventure, etc. The playground games seasonals are all I've done and those were fun. Matchmaking was quick. Trial against unbeatable drivetars sucks as it seems to come down to luck with who is on your team but I don't see how they can control that. Often if you get a few really good players you can help out folks who aren't that great and win.
#62 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 4:29:28 PM(UTC)
It must be very difficult for microsoft to fix this. SERIOUSLY?

Edited by user Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:00:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 3:55:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ka Booom 08 Go to Quoted Post
It must be very difficult for microsoft to fix this. SERIOUSLY?

It better be 6 month wait is crazy. I'm sick of not being able to hear people its triggering me.
#64 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 10:50:55 PM(UTC)
7 updates and still not fixed plus no word from anyone at playground games is very very disappointing. Lack of voice chat on pc isnt even listed as a known issue in their support section yet everyone on pc is affected. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]! My ticket has been open for over a month and I've only gotten one response.

"Hello,

I am looking into this for you and will get back to you as soon as I have more information. Please let me know if your issues becomes resolved before then.

Thank you,

Ju1ce_Cannon "

I asked what the word was on the issue 10 days ago and still nothing. How does something like this go unfixed for so long. It might never get fixed at this rate ....

Edited by user Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:40:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 6:43:06 AM(UTC)
Guys is there any problem with the voice chat on Xbox one? If no, how can I enable it because I’m not sure. BTW I can’t hear anyone talking I don’t know if i’m the one who disable it our it’s a problem from the game like the pc version.
#66 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 11:43:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: meshal alghanmi Go to Quoted Post
Guys is there any problem with the voice chat on Xbox one? If no, how can I enable it because I’m not sure. BTW I can’t hear anyone talking I don’t know if i’m the one who disable it our it’s a problem from the game like the pc version.

It's the PC version and the devs are in no hurry to fix it. We've missed out on 6 months of voice chat and they can't even give a response. PATHETIC!!! I check my ticket and this post all the time in hopes that there will be a response but it's starting to look like a waste of time. It shouldn't take SIX MONTHS to fix this issue! I PAID FOR THE SAME GAME AS XBOX AND YOU CANT BE BOTHERED TO FIX VOICE CHAT OR EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE IT'S BROKEN ON PC IN THE KNOWN ISSUES SECTION.

They might think it's not worth the man hours required to fix it if it's a hard fix and just leave it in forever idk. They'd rather devote those development hours on the next Forza title because that's what makes the stock holders happy not bug fixing. Thing is if you leave bad bugs in a game people won't buy the next one. Nice job practically alienating the entire PC community.

Edited by user Monday, March 25, 2019 11:58:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:04:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: meshal alghanmi Go to Quoted Post
It's the PC version and the devs are in no hurry to fix it.

its the xbox one version too, my mic is set to ON in audio settings too
#68 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 11:07:40 AM(UTC)
Sorry guys but you can't fix what wasn't originally in the game. They gave us the chat messages to communicate with others. Hope that they are working on adding voice chat in an upcoming expansion pack or major update.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#69 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 11:26:49 AM(UTC)
There is voice chat... if you play the Xbox version.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:27:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
Sorry guys but you can't fix what wasn't originally in the game. They gave us the chat messages to communicate with others. Hope that they are working on adding voice chat in an upcoming expansion pack or major update.

Except IT IS IN THE GAME!, The settings are there, the quick text chat wasn't a replacement for it...
#71 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 9:23:23 PM(UTC)
I am a W10 PC user with an Xbox controller. I have the latest game version and my working Squid Audio Mic doesn't seem to work at all, nor can I hear other players in any in-game setting whatsoever.

This bug is a stain on an otherwise beautifully implemented cross-platform game. No serendipitous interactions with others does undeniably dampen the MP appeal; but I have faith the economic scale involved will mean the devs must address this - right? It their 7 million players claim is valid, and even 10% of those players are PC, then 700,000 players not being able to play the game properly should at the very least be acknowledged as an issue on the Known Issues Page. Had I known of this defective bug, I would not have purchased the game, as I am of the Glorious PC gaming MR.

I'd love to be proven wrong, and shown that the mic problem is mine - I'm online a few times a week and it feels incomplete. Ticket Submitted.
#72 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 5:14:56 PM(UTC)
They recently closed out my ticket about this issue marking it as solved without telling me any additional info as to why. It was open for 3 months. They better have it fixed and ready to go next patch...
#73 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:23:42 AM(UTC)
They recently closed out my ticket about this issue marking it as solved without telling me any additional info as to why. It was open for 3 months. They better have it fixed and ready to go next patch...

How did that work out?
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error