This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
63 Pages<<616263Prev
#1551 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 5:23:40 PM(UTC)
I was just thinking of a better way to do the homologation system and I think I've hit on something that, even if it's not feasible to implement in FM7, could potentially be used in FM8.

- Instead of vehicles being homologated by division restrictions, each championship has its own set of restrictions.
-- Example restrictions: PI, HP, drivetrain type, engine type (V6, V8, etc), aspiration, conversions (allowed, forbidden, required), specific vehicles
-- Example event types: Classic Muscle (American/Australian cars 1965-1975 with V8s and conversions forbidden, vintage tires, PI limit), Monster Miata (car must be a Mazda Miata, engine swap required, engine must be V8), 90s Street Racing (car year must be between 1990 and 2000, PI limit, vehicle base value < 100k, conversions allowed).
-- Players could create and save custom restriction sets, effectively creating their own race divisions.
- Vehicle auto upgrade for a specific event would be free, but the free parts can only be used for that event (same idea as free homologation parts). If the player wants to permanently modify a vehicle, they'll need to purchase the parts as usual.
- Divisions would collect contemporary vehicles that competed directly against each other (either on the track or in the market) and be limited to a 10 year span at most (no more 1986 BMW in the same division as cars from the early 2000s). Vehicles could potentially be eligible for multiple divisions if they were popular for both racing and on the road, or competed successfully in multiple race categories (for example, the classic Mini Cooper and muscle cars in the historic road racing division).
- Except for spec series with tight homologation rules, no car should be in its own division like with the Polaris buggy or the Radicals.

On a slightly related topic, I would also like to see spec races for every vehicle in its stock form (excepting Forza Editions). These wouldn't count for overall progression percentage, but would give players an easy way to keep track of all the vehicles they've tried and follow the same idea as the rivals overhaul with rivals events for every single track and class combination.

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2019 4:11:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1552 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 5:59:41 PM(UTC)
-More race marshals for multiplayer, and a better/ more transparent system to apply to become one...other than the mysterious "by invite only" and the eyeroll-inducing "Message HeliosT10 on XBL and hope he ever sees or acknowledges your message to begin with"

-More prominent placement of "Vote to kick" option somehow, along with maybe a lower threshold of votes required to actually kick someone. Also, maybe fix it in the first place...it doesn't work half the time.

-Ability to "Vote to kick" more than one driver at a time.

-Better anti-track cutting measures in MP. Seems FM goes two steps forward but then one step back with this. I've seen stuff added but then other stuff curiously removed where it's still desperately needed.

-Nobody wanted the homologation system, no one asked for it, almost everyone hates it (at least in its current form), get rid of it or dial it way back. Lol.

-I'm glad T10 barred some obvious rammer vehicle types from MP lobbies, but it's not enough. T10 needs to crack down on this. Y'all created a monster by pandering to the Horizon/NFS arcade crowd. Ghost everyone for the first 30 seconds or something, please. Also, require profiles to complete 5 races in MP 101 and to complete one single player series/championship before all other MP lobbies are unlocked. Also, you can create a system in which if a player is reported for dirty racing more than a dozen times in a month, they get automatically banned from multiplayer for 60 days.

-Fewer "specialty" and homologated leagues, and more straightforward class-based, non-homologated sim and ghost leagues. The league types in FM6 were largely just fine.

-Someone else mentioned a weird thing in Rivals where for some reason you have to keep racing the old ghost even after you've beaten their time. That definitely needs fixed. I don't recall it being that way in FM6, but regardless you should obviously get a new ghost with each rival time you beat.
 1 user liked this post.
#1553 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 3:54:02 AM(UTC)
After playing GT Sport (I realize I’m posting on a FM forum so I may get some flack for that) I feel GT Sport does a much better job on the racing aspect. With FIA integration, penalties, little touches like blue flags and lights to alert slower drivers when they are being lapped and animated pit stops, I feel more immersed in the race. I would like to see these implemented in FM.

Also, I would like to have more accurate driver seating positions (feels like in some cars my driver is placed way too close to the steering wheel or way too far away or too low), better feedback through the controller (I feel like the trigger rumbles emphasize only when I’m applying the brakes too hard and I would like to feel the road better) and more accurate POV representation in cockpit view (the default simulation setting is nauseating with way too much erratic movement which is not realistic) would be a great benefit to the racing experience. Oh and remove the overly wobbly side mirrors and exhaust pipes. It’s just not realistic. Lastly, I feel like the cars tend to oversteer way too much. Would like to see this fixed as well. Best regards.
 1 user liked this post.
#1554 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 1:24:55 AM(UTC)
RACE REGULATION SYSTEM : I can't wait more for it .... please get it NOW please.

A HUGE BETTER USER'S INTERFACE ON MULTIPLAYER WHO LOAD SO MORE FASTER : Actually in multiplayer, it's so annoying to choose a car ... sometimes just impossible. An interface more simple to have better loading must be add.

All the great idea of FM4 (about UI) implement in FM7.
#1555 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 10:37:36 AM(UTC)
I also forgot one thing:

T10 messed up Leagues badly. I mean, I'm okay with the rank/band system...it's more transparent than the skills placement in FM6...but to completely eliminate the ability to climb a points-based leaderboard effectively killed Leagues for me and a lot of other people. Leagues are now nothing more than a slightly better (more skill-balanced) Multiplayer hopper. FM7 League play doesn't even resemble any kind of "Leagues" in any other game, sport, etc. There is literally no point to Leagues other than some [mostly] cleaner racing (but with fewer hopper/class options).

Bring back points leaderboards. Honestly, I'm not sure how hard it would be to add it to FM7, but it needs to be in FM8 (if there is an FM8?).
#1556 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 11:36:46 AM(UTC)
RACE REGULATION SYSTEM PLEASE
 1 user liked this post.
#1557 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 2:26:53 PM(UTC)
Forza 7/8 Wish List ideas

Here are a couple of things I would like to see.

Rivals Blueprint - I think the Blueprint feature from FH 3/4 is very cool. I was hoping it would have carried over from FH3 into FM7. Players can make their own rivals event, pick the car or car type, track, and restriction, and share with friends or with the community.

Time Attack Mode - I'd like to see a single player time attack mode. I pick the car and track and can set my own time goal. I think this would be cool where you can log track times with different cars. Right now, if I want to compare a Vette to a GT-R on Daytona, I have to write down the times.

Rivals Stock leaderboard - I personally like the rivals events where everyone has the same limitation on the car. I think for the Rivals mode where all the tracks are opened up, there should be a stock leaderboard with cars that are not modified or homologated, and a leaderboard for modified/homologated.

Forza Car Encyclopedia - I'd like to see menu or option to look up the history of the cars in the game. I've played Ride 3 and every bike has a write up about it. For Forza.net, I like the write ups that they do for the DLC cars. They can take these same write ups and put them in the game.

Forza Mechanic - I think PCars had this feature, but I think an in-game tuner wizard would be cool and would get more players to spend time tuning. In PCars, I think you could say you want a soft suspension or more oversteer, and it would tweak the setting of your car accordingly.

Other stuff - More cars, more tracks. Like to see point to point races again. Also, performance trucks and SUVs, are okay, but no more off-road vehicles unless there is some off road driving in the game. I'd like to see improvement in the weather/time of day system. It still seems stagnant. For example, I did the 300 lap Sebring race and the weather/time of day stayed the same the whole time. For an almost 3 hour race in the game, I would expect some transition.

#1558 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 6:58:33 AM(UTC)
This game is absolute by far the best racing game right now, especially on the xbox one X.
Wow.
Graphicly, no lagging, just perfect
My suggestion would be:
- Zandvoort track in the game
- Penalty system like in project cars 2.
- Lobby where you can put AI in at certain level to block the rammers/hitters.
- GTE lobby and other lobbies with an option not hit each other of track.
- Lobbies with max. class (fe. C- class with only C-class cars, no tuning allowed from D-class or whatever to C-Class)
- Thinking of how to keep rammers out of lobbies. Racing is a free world, but hitting each other off on purpose or just no braking is useless!! (In project cars 2 fe. you see much less hitters)
#1559 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:34:27 AM(UTC)
- When in Free Play and you select a Timed race, allow players to finish the lap they are on when the timer runs out.
63 Pages<<616263Prev

Notification

Icon
Error