This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
93 Pages<<919293Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#2301 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 4:29:44 PM(UTC)
My Lancia 9.53 will be my final time set on this one .... I did share the tune .. it lacks a bit of top end on the final straight but carries plenty of speed in the corners to make up for the majority of any top end loss in other places ... I'm horrendous on this track so "my" time set with the tune is mediocre at best .... it was fun guys ... thanx for the comps I did get a chance to run this year
....... But officer, I was going too fast to read the speed limit sign
#2302 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:32:20 PM(UTC)
I’m knackered..... I’ve been at it off and in pretty much all day.... at least I got a CLEAN in ! 😎
#2303 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 4:00:24 AM(UTC)
"and apologies to gtFOOTw who has already got a time on the board."
I've taken a few cracks at this Moss, but that was a pretty good run in my favorite car so I'm not sure if I'll beat it.
 1 user liked this post.
#2304 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 7:31:56 AM(UTC)
Got the Shelby down to just over 10:00 from a standing start, and I think I'm pretty happy with the setup now. Ended up using NumberlessMath's ride frequency calculator for setting the spring rates, as it spits out comparable rates to what I was getting by hand without taking half an hour staring at a calculator to get them. Went with a 2.3 Hz front / 2.5 Hz rear (my hand calculations were for 2.0 Hz / 2.1 Hz, and were a little too soft) and the car just glides over the bumps and curbs. Setup is uploaded as B600@Nrbgrng1.3, and is capable of a lot better than 10:00.

Next project is a '73 Porsche Carrera. Haven't really been in the mood for a drive as wild-'n'-wooly as the Cobra (even dressed up to look polite, it's still a blunt instrument), and the Carrera is pretty much the exact opposite of that. Having a bit of difficulty getting used to driving a well-sorted RR after several weeks in FR cars, but I'll figure it out.

Originally Posted by: gtFOOTw Go to Quoted Post
I've taken a few cracks at this Moss, but that was a pretty good run in my favorite car so I'm not sure if I'll beat it.

C'mon, you can do it!

Edited by user Saturday, June 15, 2019 7:33:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2305 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 6:46:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: gtFOOTw Go to Quoted Post

C'mon, you can do it!

Absolutely! You can DO IT!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#2306 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 6:39:25 AM(UTC)
I'm starting to get the hang of driving a Porsche again. Late brake, let the back end swing around, then mat the accelerator and Trust the Thrust™ to get you past the apex and down the road without spinning you off into the weeds. I don't think it has as much potential as the Cobra (at least on this track), but it's a lot nicer to drive. Best time so far is 10:01.something.

Also: Miss-Hit-Miss has become my nemesis. It's not the kind of corner you expect to have difficulty with, but I seem to have the notion that the name should be "Miss-Hit-Slide Off the Road and Smash Into the Guard Rail".
#2307 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 8:13:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
[quote=gtFOOTw;1105122]"and apologies to gtFOOTw who has already got a time on the board."

C'mon, you can do it!

PRKid

OMG, I've been hammering around the Nordschleife, got a PB, then realized it should be Nurburgring Full.

Edited by user Sunday, June 16, 2019 8:14:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2308 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 8:18:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConcededFir03 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
[quote=gtFOOTw;1105122]"and apologies to gtFOOTw who has already got a time on the board."

C'mon, you can do it!

PRKid

OMG, I've been hammering around the Nordschleife, got a PB, then realized it should be Nurburgring Full.

What the hell is wrong with these forums, this post is mine but I have no idea who ConcededFir03 is?

93 Pages<<919293Prev

Notification

Icon
Error