This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
75 Pages<<737475Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#1851 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:10:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rich 92 F1 Go to Quoted Post
Another close battle between me and Venom at Bugatti, it could have gone either way! I’ve also thought of a cool idea regarding the credit prize, I don’t need any more credits on Forza 7 so I would rather someone else competing in the HLR weekly have the credits, so maybe a random prize draw might sound good? Looking forward to running some laps round Sebring this week too! πŸ‘πŸ»

That is very kind of you Rich, but rather than a random prize draw, it would be good to narrow the target. Many of our drivers are in a similar position to you with plenty of credits.

Can anyone with a low number of credits shout out and we'll go from there. I seem to remember at least one of you saying they had to play career to earn credits to buy cars.
 1 user liked this post.
#1852 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:52:03 PM(UTC)
Good car selection this week. I am going to start with one of my all time favorites IRL - 2003 M5. I spent quite a few hours riding and a fortunate few hours driving this beast flat out on the AutoBahn years ago. 150mph/240kph focuses your attention in a hurry especially with traffic in the next lane moving at a stately 75mph/120kph. That car was so well planted at that speed and thank god the brakes were amazing.

First stint with my V1 Build/tune 2:23.786. "Sebring HLC V1" I am consistently 2-3 sec/minute behind the top guys lap times so this is a decent start for me.

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:51:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1853 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:24:40 PM(UTC)
02:19.502 88 BMW M5. After some laps. The first tune I tuned on a wheel. If anyone wants to give some feedback it's welcome. It's Shared.

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:28:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1854 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 8:22:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
I personally want to compliment not just you, but all the players who are just Amazing to see thier speed! There is Raw talent and there is the take all I can learn and apply it you guys have done a masterful job learning and applying it to your talent. I find it so hard to break my bad habits and just don't have the patience to run lap after lap for hours to find the best line. Plus my talent, well that's an issue too. LOL I dont have to be on top to have fun but really admire those who are up there.....well done!

Thanks Dan! πŸ™‚

Semi-Pro eSports Driver on Forza Motorsport | Forza RC 2018 Season World Rank #28 | Twitter @Rich92F1
 1 user liked this post.
#1855 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 7:47:03 AM(UTC)
Was testing last night on Sebring and and ran like 10 laps and then realised I was in the wrong carπŸ˜‚ its the M5 03 not the M3 05πŸ˜‚ ran a No aero 4.9Handling build and got a 17.5. Im going to maybe add tyre width or aero because the back end felt a bit loose, will try a few different builds to see whats fastest.
 1 user liked this post.
#1856 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 10:00:21 AM(UTC)
Think I'll be running the '95 850CSi, but I still plan to give the '95 M5 a test run just in case. Tried the Jaguar (because Jaguar) but just couldn't do anything useful with it. Think it'd make a solid drift car, though; seems to be really controllable when the back end lets loose (which it gleefully does at every opportunity). Too bad there isn't a Rover V8 swap available. Getting sick of the whole "LS3 ALL THE THINGS!" meme, and I think the better weight distribution (and about 200 lb less total pork) would go a long way towards making the car not suck. Oh, well. C'est la vie, which I'm pretty sure is French for LS3 ALL THE THINGS!

Regardless, back to the 850: I'm currently messing around with tire-vs.-power balance. Looks like more of the latter and less of the former is going to be the recipe for success on this one, but we'll see how things pan out. Even with a baseline setup the car is really composed, so I don't think I'll end up needing as much tire as my brain tells me I should. The V12 has a really broad torque curve, so I think I can get away with taller gears than I'd normally run. Current test build is a 4-speed, and the car seems to love it. Currently has no aero (save the hood, but that was for weight distribution), but the non-Forza tupperware isn't entirely off the table yet.

Current best is a 2:25.something, but both myself and the car have a long way to go.
 1 user liked this post.
#1857 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 12:18:14 PM(UTC)
For those like me that are not as smooth as the top tier drivers. LOL. BHR TRUEbk has a Fabulous tune shared. It allows me to be fast and yet forgives me for making some of the mistakes I make. An absolute blast to drive with a wheel! It's for the BMW M5 1988 and strongly recommend trying it.
 1 user liked this post.
#1858 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 2:07:53 PM(UTC)
I made some change to the tune. New PB 02:18.136. Tune shared. V2
 1 user liked this post.
#1859 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 2:19:10 PM(UTC)
Updated time of 2:23.033 in Truebk's 88 BMW

Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Think I'll be running the '95 850CSi, but I still plan to give the '95 M5 a test run just in case. Tried the Jaguar (because Jaguar) but just couldn't do anything useful with it.

I have a Jaguar up, if you want to try. Best time in it is 2:23.6

Edit: Truebk posted around the same time, it was his v1 tune

Edited by user Friday, March 22, 2019 2:20:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1860 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 5:24:09 PM(UTC)
Chipping away slowly... 2:26:9xx....😎

Porsche 928.... going to try the 88 M5 next... 🏎
 1 user liked this post.
#1861 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 5:47:35 PM(UTC)
2.16.669 BMW M5 88 for opening time on board, car feels like it needs some work before sharing and reckon it will do 15s in the right hands of course.
 1 user liked this post.
#1862 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 5:52:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BHR TRUEbk Go to Quoted Post
02:19.502 88 BMW M5. After some laps. The first tune I tuned on a wheel. If anyone wants to give some feedback it's welcome. It's Shared.

I gave your tune a spin, 10 laps, enough to find a consistent pace. I am using a wheel also. I found that for me there is more understeer than I like - noticeably in the last turn, the first turn and a couple of others. I am losing a lot of time waiting for the front to hook up exiting those corners. Could just be my driving skill. I am a fair bit slower than you. FWIW I am consistently about a second quicker in my own V2 tune for the 03 M5. I would be interested in what it is capable of with a faster guy driving.
#1863 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 5:19:58 AM(UTC)
I gave up. Car is now wearing a bowtie like everything else in the frickin' world. I really hate the ubiquitousness of that motor, but it's really hard to argue with the results it produces. Setup is uploaded as B600 Sebring 2.0. I want to revisit the V12 build (uploaded as 1.0) and see if I can't eke a little more out of it, as on paper they're almost identical. Either way I don't think I'm going to be seeing sub-:20s this time 'round. Just don't have the seat time on Sebring Full to put down a good lap.

Current best: 2:21.746 in 2.0.

Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
I have a Jaguar up, if you want to try. Best time in it is 2:23.6

Will try to check it out. My main issue with the Jag wasn't the car's performance; I just wasn't able to find a build/setup I was happy with. Doesn't help that it's possibly the ugliest non-Forduar ever produced.
#1864 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:07:58 AM(UTC)
1st tune shared for the BMW M5 88, after 3laps 2.16.338 so did't take countless laps to get a somewhat decent time. Can't complain.
#1865 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:57:22 AM(UTC)
Pretty awesome times being posted so far. I haven{t had the chance to run this week and not going to have very much time. So I'll be running some shared tunes and posting times accordingly. If anyone has any tune in particular you'd like me to try let me know. My times will probably be much lower that yours lol but I'll be sure to give you some feedback :)
 1 user liked this post.
#1866 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 12:46:34 PM(UTC)
Now also a paint for the 1993 Porsche 928 GTS available.
(Title: HLC #18 SEBRING)

2 users liked this post.
#1867 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 3:07:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ViewedBear303 Go to Quoted Post
Now also a paint for the 1993 Porsche 928 GTS available.

Looks Great ViewedBear

1 user liked this post.
#1868 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 3:17:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ViewedBear303 Go to Quoted Post
First paint done for the 1988 BMW M5, more to come...

Cool paint just the right amount of colour( yes it's spelt right spellcheck lol)
#1869 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 3:31:38 PM(UTC)
1st real try so far. 2:20.743 Hardcore using Minsons tune in the Porsche 928 GTS. Preferred it to foots because for some reason my wheel just didn't like it. It would be stable and understeer, and then suddenly loose. Minsons is a little looser, but was easier to predict. Not sure how much time I'll have this week to try for much more. Life just got suddenly busy for me.
 1 user liked this post.
#1870 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:02:28 AM(UTC)
1.18.1 with the 88 M5 using Ven0ms bulld. As always excellent build and tune - quality work for sure.

Did my own tune which is shared too. I figure I can run similar times with Ven0ms tune, just wanted to had my own take on it.

For sure can do 1.17 if I’m putting a very good lap together.

Edited by user Sunday, March 24, 2019 4:15:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1871 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 10:30:35 AM(UTC)
Did a few laps with the tune by TrueBK.
Nice and easy to drive, managed to put a 2:22,xxx on the board with room for improvement.
Then tried to setup a FE BMW 850. Super grippy and easy to drive, but too slow for this track with a 2:24,xxx in testing.

Will be traveling the whole week, don't think I can run again tonight so probably my final time.
#1872 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 3:44:29 PM(UTC)
Watched one of Venom's replays to try to suss out where I could pick up some time (I'm pretty comfortable on the club circuit half, but the second half is almost completely foreign to me) and came to two conclusions: One: That I'm not as far off the racing line as I had feared, and two: That '88 M5 is broken. It's pushing about 130 more horsepower than my 850 CSi, weighs 200 pounds less, and is on the same rubber. Would love to see how the PI calculator reached the conclusion that those cars were anywhere near equals. I'm sure drugs and/or bribes were involved somehow.

Regardless, current best is 2:21.189 in version 2.1.

Version 2.2 is available, as well, and as threatened I installed the BMW tupperware kit (plus some other minor build adjustments). All I need is a [flatulence] can exhaust and a bunch of kanji stickers and you guys will be in trouble. Seriously, though: It does seem to have made the car a bit more planted. Was ahead of my ghost several times but succeeded at botching every good lap I had somewhere along the line.

==

Also decided I'd jump on the '88 M5 bandwagon with a decidedly un-bandwagonish moderate power/no aero build. Still uses that damn LS3, though. Stupid thing. Looks to be faster than the 850 by a good enough margin that I plan on switching over. Setup is uploaded as B600 SebringWIP1, but the setup is still very rough. Best I've seen with it was probably a high 2:20 that I lost on the last corner. I expect that'll go down once I can analyze the replay and get some proper adjustments done.
75 Pages<<737475Prev

Notification

Icon
Error