This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 11:53:37 AM(UTC)
As most have already mentioned it doesn't work with the old Windows 7 driver. If you go to Windows Device Manager -> Find Xbox 360 Peripherials -> Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows and click properties and click the Driver Tab you can check the date the driver was released. If the driver date is 8/13/2009 then you are using the old windows 7 driver and the gamepad will not work. If it's 18/3/2016 you should have no problems. It would still be nice to get support for the old drivers since the new windows 10 drivers are badly broken for me. They pretty much make the gamepad unusable after a while due to some Kernel-PnP error.
#27 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 9:24:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezzay86 Go to Quoted Post
Just a heads up, I did not download or reinstall any xbox drivers for windows 10 to get my controller working. I just let windows automatically detect and install the base driver.

I do suspect however that my other games that use my xbox controller might not work. (I haven't tested this yet)

In device manager, you should just see the following under XBOX Peripherals -> Xbox Controller

The driver version for my Xbox Controller in device manager is: 10.0.14332.1001

(keep in mind this driver version might be different depending on your build of windows I'm playing on Windows 10 Technical Preview build 14332)

I'll edit my original post to reflect this.

This totally worked, thank you!

#28 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 12:25:21 AM(UTC)
Hi,

my 360 wireless Controller Shows serious lag. About 2 to 3 tenths, this still kinda works with slower cars but faster cars are undriveable this way. Well, I'm hoping for DFGT Support.

Have a nice weekend,
Stephan
#29 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 10:40:42 AM(UTC)
I have the same issue with my Xbox One controller (wired), it somehow isn't able to be recognized. I have tried the mentioned fixes, but unfortunately they didn't work for me. Hope this is resolved soon as I won't be playing it with a keyboard. I do however find it weird that this is even an issue, being a Xbox game, and using the recommended controller..
#30 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 11:12:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MediocreAtol3 Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issue with my Xbox One controller (wired), it somehow isn't able to be recognized. I have tried the mentioned fixes, but unfortunately they didn't work for me. Hope this is resolved soon as I won't be playing it with a keyboard. I do however find it weird that this is even an issue, being a Xbox game, and using the recommended controller..

Can you try disconnecting any other USB peripherals that might be connected (if any).
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#31 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 6:34:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MediocreAtol3 Go to Quoted Post

Can you try disconnecting any other USB peripherals that might be connected (if any).

Thanks for trying to help. I've tried to get it recognized while only having the controller in a USB port, tried it with different USB ports (Front/back, 2.0/3.0), restarting PC and game, all without any success. I guess my PC just doesn't like me playing Forza with the controller.

#32 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 6:38:11 AM(UTC)
* deleted *

Edited by user Friday, May 13, 2016 7:00:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: accidentally posted it twice.

#33 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 9:42:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: korntheplant Go to Quoted Post
As most have already mentioned it doesn't work with the old Windows 7 driver. If you go to Windows Device Manager -> Find Xbox 360 Peripherials -> Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows and click properties and click the Driver Tab you can check the date the driver was released. If the driver date is 8/13/2009 then you are using the old windows 7 driver and the gamepad will not work. If it's 18/3/2016 you should have no problems. It would still be nice to get support for the old drivers since the new windows 10 drivers are badly broken for me. They pretty much make the gamepad unusable after a while due to some Kernel-PnP error.

Whenever i try to reinstall the drivers win 10 just gives me the 2009 year drivers.... but is it possible that someone who have the 2015 or 2016 drivers send me the files of the drivers? if you hit the first bottom under driver tab it shows you where are the files located, or are the latest 2016 drivers uplouded in the internet, can i update it mannually?

tired to install xbox controller in my laptop, and the driver date is from 2015 jesus i don't get it.. do i have to reinstall windows 10 in my desktop just to make it work? tried to put the file "xusb22.sys" which was the one used in 2015 driver in my laptop into the Windows/system32/drivers" in my desktop and then tried to reinstall the driver again but still gave me the 2009 driver... -.-

Edited by user Friday, May 13, 2016 10:36:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 6:21:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: korntheplant Go to Quoted Post

i can confirm that latest driver will work (I've tested with driver release date 29 10 2015 ver, 10.0.10586.0

#35 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:55:01 PM(UTC)

Guys exchange the driver of the receiver to a lastest version . I just do that and it worked .
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:28:56 AM(UTC)
The latest version brakes steam big picture... it's not a option for me. And every other game works fine...
#37 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 5:07:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: F0ca182 Go to Quoted Post

Guys exchange the driver of the receiver to a lastest version . I just do that and it worked .

I did try but controller still it doesn't work for this game.
I let windows find latest update and install

It installs driver date 8.12.2015 , version 21.50.45.656
If this is not the latest then how am I meant to get the latest drivers?
Windows finds and installs this one. Got a link to later drivers?

#38 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:15:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: D4L3 R0 Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issue. I use Motionjoy for my PS3 pad. Works in control panel, shows up as a "Wireless Xbox controller" everything. Plays all other games no problem except this.. Any other game I would be able to delete my settings etc and try and fix it myself but not with these stupid winodws "Apps" :/
Hey man! I figured how to do it with Motionjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqZVOfkOZb0

#39 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:29:43 AM(UTC)
Please can anyone share a link to the latest drivers for the Xbxo 360 gamepad?

Windows downloads the old ones which do not work in Forza.

Please someone who has those make a zip and upload it somewhere!
#40 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 8:42:40 PM(UTC)
Just out-of-curiosity, did you make sure your controller is set as the "preferred device" in Windows?
Some games sometimes won't fully recognize a controller if it was not set that way on Windows, even though the same controller in the same system can be used without issues in most games.

To know how to do that, check "Method 3" in this page:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/831361

If you can't find that under Windows 10, follow this other guide http://driverrestore.com...drivers-for-windows-10/ until you see the screenshot with the window that has the buttons
#41 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 7:20:20 AM(UTC)
Just to update this post they have worked out the bugs and have added support for more than just the xbox one controller I use a 360 and it works great.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error