8 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#76 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:15:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IXx Morbid xXI Go to Quoted Post

I dunno if I'd say it's not fair... Anyone can wall ride.


It's nearly always proved to be slower than properly taking a turn for me. Perhaps that's due in part to my preference to race in B-D class, rarely going above A for events. On the other hand, strategically bouncing off drivatars in a corner is frequently cathartic and beneficial.


Moorhead wind farm circuit with b-class car is 3 second faster using wallriding than taking turns properly.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#77 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:28:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IXx Morbid xXI Go to Quoted Post

I dunno if I'd say it's not fair... Anyone can wall ride.


It's nearly always proved to be slower than properly taking a turn for me. Perhaps that's due in part to my preference to race in B-D class, rarely going above A for events. On the other hand, strategically bouncing off drivatars in a corner is frequently cathartic and beneficial.


I assumed we were all talking about the online tbh. But even offline, the drivatars are aggressive and also we know they 'cheat' (aren't subject to the same physics and restrictions the player is) so it's even more reason to use all means at your disposal to win. Or, race clean and handicap yourself if it makes your experience more enjoyable and winning that way is more satisfying.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#78 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:55:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Each suggestion does make an impact.

Yes, you may feel your submitting the same issue as another player or it's appearing over and over again. But each ticket submitted is another indication to what the community is looking for. So if numerous players are submitting a similar response, then it becomes more noticeable.
On the other hand, please do not submit the same ticket over and over again just to be noticed as I track gamertags alongside each ticket.

You may feel that duplicate subjected tickets won't do anything, when infact it's the opposite and they're bringing an issue more alight.

Hope that makes sense.


I can appreciate this - but I’d like to respectfully push back and just say why can’t the team notice threads on these forums? It’s quite obvious just by looking at the forums what people are wanting most. I don’t submit tickets because I don’t trust that it will be seen. Too many times people say their tickets go unnoticed for weeks.

One example of this is exhaust sounds. It’s probably the second largest thread on these forums (?) and they have gotten hardly any notice. If an exhaust does get an update, it’s weak, and it’s not mentioned in update notes. I don’t think we’ve really gotten any sort of response as to why the big topic cars like the Viper, Paganis and Ford GT haven’t been touched yet.

Thanks



The team do notice thread on the forums, and I do directly send a lot of these threads to the appropriate team and/or person if it's necessary.

"Too many times people say their tickets go unnoticed for weeks." -- I've addressed this in a few threads. There was an increase influx of tickets which was unexpected and therefore caused the long delay to responses. To fix and improve this, (from last week) there is now an additional support team member which is dealing directly with these ticket. Hopefully this will reduce the response time and get all your tickets answered quicker. We appreciate your patience.

"One example of this is exhaust sounds. It’s probably the second largest thread on these forums (?) and they have gotten hardly any notice." -- This thread is noticed and frequently becomes a discussion for the audio team. They do keep an eye on that thread. It's also some of the reasoning behind the changes found in the release notes here. Which I have discussed with you before and you thanked me for it.

Hope that helps.

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:00:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#79 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:59:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
A lot of the discussion in this thread has been about garage size increase not being in the next update notes. A garage size increase has already been teased and there's a 10 page thread about it on page 1. If me submitting a ticket about this same issue moves the needle at all, then we (PG and I) have a whole new problem that's very similar to the one that led me to boycot FM7, the only Forza title I never bought. It feels like when you're standing next to someone and talking, then finish and they go, "What did you say?" ... so you repeat yourself and when you're finished, they go, "What did you say?"

The suggestions in this forum should be looked at as a resource of long term game testers trying to make the game better and filling a role obviously not filled by staff at PG. And we do this for free. It's quite a favor we're doing, but, yes, sometimes we get off topic. But if all this is secondary to submitting tickets and then making decisions based on number of tickets submitted instead of what's common sense (a hallmark of trying to as little as possible), then I'm wasting my time here.


For your top paragraph:
As noted in another thread - Yes, there will be an increase in the garage size. But unfortunately that is the only information I can give at this present time.

For your bottom paragraph:
If you feel like you only want to put a suggestion in either the forum OR the support page. Always choose the support page. I'd actually advise using that website as your main information source rather than the forum as it includes all our release note & fixes, any upcoming information, articles which may provide to be useful or fix the issue you have without you needing to submit a ticket or ask anyone and therefore saving you time to get you back enjoying and playing the game.
The support page is the most important place to submit feedback, suggestions and bug/issues as we can track this easier and also contact you directly if we need any more account information.

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:06:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:14:59 AM(UTC)
a suggestion for future fixes: cars are repeated for offline campaign racing, playing in the Hatch class for example, will only Ford focus for the race. Please correct this by making the game use all cars available in the class for a wider variety of cars on the track.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#81 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:45:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Loureiroo16 Go to Quoted Post
a suggestion for future fixes: cars are repeated for offline campaign racing, playing in the Hatch class for example, will only Ford focus for the race. Please correct this by making the game use all cars available in the class for a wider variety of cars on the track.


Please submit all suggestions and feedback here
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 6:21:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Loureiroo16 Go to Quoted Post
a suggestion for future fixes: cars are repeated for offline campaign racing, playing in the Hatch class for example, will only Ford focus for the race. Please correct this by making the game use all cars available in the class for a wider variety of cars on the track.


Please submit all suggestions and feedback here


That it's not even suggestion it's a bug, that it's been talking even this forum allready in 3 months (topic made for that is made 10.10.2018) and many other topics is been talking abaout how all races are full of starter cars (yes i have send a ticket, and first response i get was "thanks for the feedback") but no, lets not fixed these kinda issues lets fix reindeer nose instead because that's must be way more importat thing to players that reindeer nose works right.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 6:35:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Each suggestion does make an impact.

Yes, you may feel your submitting the same issue as another player or it's appearing over and over again. But each ticket submitted is another indication to what the community is looking for. So if numerous players are submitting a similar response, then it becomes more noticeable.
On the other hand, please do not submit the same ticket over and over again just to be noticed as I track gamertags alongside each ticket.

You may feel that duplicate subjected tickets won't do anything, when infact it's the opposite and they're bringing an issue more alight.

Hope that makes sense.


I can appreciate this - but I’d like to respectfully push back and just say why can’t the team notice threads on these forums? It’s quite obvious just by looking at the forums what people are wanting most. I don’t submit tickets because I don’t trust that it will be seen. Too many times people say their tickets go unnoticed for weeks.

One example of this is exhaust sounds. It’s probably the second largest thread on these forums (?) and they have gotten hardly any notice. If an exhaust does get an update, it’s weak, and it’s not mentioned in update notes. I don’t think we’ve really gotten any sort of response as to why the big topic cars like the Viper, Paganis and Ford GT haven’t been touched yet.

Thanks



The team do notice thread on the forums, and I do directly send a lot of these threads to the appropriate team and/or person if it's necessary.

"Too many times people say their tickets go unnoticed for weeks." -- I've addressed this in a few threads. There was an increase influx of tickets which was unexpected and therefore caused the long delay to responses. To fix and improve this, (from last week) there is now an additional support team member which is dealing directly with these ticket. Hopefully this will reduce the response time and get all your tickets answered quicker. We appreciate your patience.

"One example of this is exhaust sounds. It’s probably the second largest thread on these forums (?) and they have gotten hardly any notice." -- This thread is noticed and frequently becomes a discussion for the audio team. They do keep an eye on that thread. It's also some of the reasoning behind the changes found in the release notes here. Which I have discussed with you before and you thanked me for it.

Hope that helps.


Thank you for your patience and response RK. It’s nice to know that even if there is no response, they are still being noticed. I think a lot of times it is difficult for us as the community to feel like we are being heard when a response is rarely given. But I appreciate the fact that you’re saying you do regularly bring attention to these posts even if it’s not said. I will trust that the feedback is being given.

However, regarding the release notes - I do recall that one or two of the release notes mentioned audio fixes. But, it didn’t address what cars were actually looked at. I think that is a little frustrating to many of us. And if I am just missing the list of cars that have been addressed, please forgive me.

Again, thank you for your willingness to engage in a constructive discussion with us, it really is appreciated.

Rank: Forza Staff
 21 users liked this post.
#84 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:05:10 PM(UTC)
(Snipped)

No word abaout mclaren roof, dont we still get that fixed?
-- The McLaren Spider's roof will be down in gameplay with Series 5 update. It just wasn't listed in the update notes.

Still no garage space upgrade what start to be really ridicolus if we have to wait at least another month.
-- The garage space upgrade is in progress - PG is hoping to roll this out between series 5 and 6 before February (extensive testing is necessary to ensure no one's save game is adversely affected).

Fixing one speedtrap cant be exploited how abaout all other speedtraps and danger signs that are full of glitch scores.
-- Fixes to PR stunt glitches and exploits are ongoing as causes are identified, as are the removal of suspicious leaderboard entries.

New corvette have wrong rims and we still dont get right one.
-- Incorrect Z06 wheels and Z06 dashboard icon on the Corvette ZR1 will be corrected in the series 6 update.




Rank: A-Class Racing License
#85 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:12:07 PM(UTC)
Thank you very much, Jonk1969! This information is greatly appreciated.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#86 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:29:34 PM(UTC)
Thank you jonk very mutch *thump up* I really appreciated (and im pretty sure everybody else also) that we get some information what is going in near future so these kinda news are really good to hear.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#87 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:49:36 PM(UTC)
Hey JonK1969.

Thanks for giving us an ETA on the Garage Cap Update, its a great relief to know it is Potentially coming out this Month :)

I more than understand about the Testing, as well, no One likes a Corrupted Save... when I get one (Hello Skyrim... not what I expected from the PC Version..) You can probably hear the Resulting Explosion of Hitlerian Screaming out in Siberia... (I have not yet started Eating any Carpets however ;-P) I am still only at 425 Cars at the Moment, so hopefully I've got the Headroom Needed to hold out until the Patch is ready, fully tested, and launched :)

Any news on what the new Garage and Paint Cap Numbers will be? the 900 and 700 of FM7? or a slightly lower Number? or can You not tell us that Yet... I am more than familiar with how much a Pain in the Butt "NDA" can be at times so I understand if you cant give us the Numbers Yet.

Thanks for letting us know you finally fixed the McLaren Roof issue, and that Nitro forgot to Put it in Her patch notes, it Happens, when there are a lot of Notes, something is inevitably going to slip the Net.


Good thing I have held off on Adding the ZR-1 to My Garage Yet, I now know to hold off until Series 6, thanks for letting us all know when the Modelling Error is going to be Fixed :)

PS. Not sure if this is the right place to Ask these Questions, but... Any news on when the downright broken Cockpit Cam on the Saleen S5, and the incorrect Engine Noise on the Austin Healy Bugeye/Frogeye Sprite (it should have the same Engine Noise as the Morris Minor, but its currently making the Same Noise as the Austin Healy 3000.. whoops!) are going to be Fixed?

Thanks!

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:51:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:34:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post


For your bottom paragraph:
If you feel like you only want to put a suggestion in either the forum OR the support page. Always choose the support page. I'd actually advise using that website as your main information source rather than the forum as it includes all our release note & fixes, any upcoming information, articles which may provide to be useful or fix the issue you have without you needing to submit a ticket or ask anyone and therefore saving you time to get you back enjoying and playing the game.
The support page is the most important place to submit feedback, suggestions and bug/issues as we can track this easier and also contact you directly if we need any more account information.


Uh, yeah, no thanks. I won't be participating in efforts more geared toward burying public criticism that getting to common sense improvements. I'll just recalibrate my expectations and reasons for posting anything ... and, anyways, my 3 big issues (no collisions racing, no class based rivals, and garage size) are already known and, at this point, we'll either get improvements or we won't.

And thank to Jonk for that post. That's how it's done.

Rank: Forza Staff
 12 users liked this post.
#89 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:04:18 PM(UTC)
Couple more fixes coming in Series 5 in addition to those I listed above:

The daytime running light not working on the driver's side of the 2018 BMW M5 will be fixed
The incorrect camera position in the cockpit view of the Saleen S5 raptor will be fixed.

There are numerous other various car fixes as well, but I wanted to call these two out.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#90 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:38:03 PM(UTC)
I greatly appreciate the car fixes given they are the main reason I play the game.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#91 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 7:29:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Couple more fixes coming in Series 5 in addition to those I listed above:

The daytime running light not working on the driver's side of the 2018 BMW M5 will be fixed
The incorrect camera position in the cockpit view of the Saleen S5 raptor will be fixed.

There are numerous other various car fixes as well, but I wanted to call these two out.


thank you very much for helping close the communication gap. i'm wondering if maybe there should be more detailed notes in the release notes going forward?

Rank: Racing Permit
#92 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 2:05:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Couple more fixes coming in Series 5 in addition to those I listed above:

The daytime running light not working on the driver's side of the 2018 BMW M5 will be fixed
The incorrect camera position in the cockpit view of the Saleen S5 raptor will be fixed.

There are numerous other various car fixes as well, but I wanted to call these two out.


some work being done on this problem?
"a suggestion for future fixes: cars are repeated for offline campaign racing, playing in the Hatch class for example, will only Ford focus for the race. Please correct this by making the game use all cars available in the class for a wider variety of cars on the track."
Rank: Driver's Permit
#93 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 3:39:24 AM(UTC)
Still no mention of the numerous sound bugs? Why are these not top of the list!?! Why are they looking to fix cosmetic issues like headlights and outfits. Who cares? I care about how every time I play the game I get numerous sound glitches!!!!

-------------
Flickr FH4 Album
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#94 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 3:48:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

Moorhead wind farm circuit with b-class car is 3 second faster using wallriding than taking turns properly.


I gave it a shot with a B class VW pickup. In three laps I did manage to get it to take one of the turns faster on the wall, but it didn't so much "ride" walls as roughly bounce along them and randomly stick enough to instantly lose 10-20 mph. I lack the knack. But the one time it worked was significantly quicker judging by the speedometer, so if I had the ability to reliably pull it off I can see that it would be quite an advantage.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 3:58:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
(Snipped)

No word abaout mclaren roof, dont we still get that fixed?
-- The McLaren Spider's roof will be down in gameplay with Series 5 update. It just wasn't listed in the update notes.

Still no garage space upgrade what start to be really ridicolus if we have to wait at least another month.
-- The garage space upgrade is in progress - PG is hoping to roll this out between series 5 and 6 before February (extensive testing is necessary to ensure no one's save game is adversely affected).

Fixing one speedtrap cant be exploited how abaout all other speedtraps and danger signs that are full of glitch scores.
-- Fixes to PR stunt glitches and exploits are ongoing as causes are identified, as are the removal of suspicious leaderboard entries.

New corvette have wrong rims and we still dont get right one.
-- Incorrect Z06 wheels and Z06 dashboard icon on the Corvette ZR1 will be corrected in the series 6 update.






THANK YOU!

We need more of this - Less "Submit your feedback here".

Thank you Jonk.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#96 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 6:33:37 AM(UTC)
.

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2019 6:37:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Double post - please delete this

FH4 Paints | Gallery
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#97 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 6:36:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post
In what world is EA, Activision or Blizzard a bad company??


...seriously? In this one, I guess.

Heh, I guess this goes to show that if you spend too much time in your echo bubble, any minor issue will seem like the end of the world. People around here are talking about FH4 like it's some sort of unplayable, bug-ridden mess... I guess the only Bethesda they know is the one in Maryland, lol.

And I'd have expected people to figure out by now that the patch notes for Forza are always incomplete. For some unknown reason, they always forget to mention one thing or another - in some cases, it was the addition of a whole new car. Major fixes and changes they won't forget, but if you are waiting for something as minor as a model fix or sound swap, wait until the patch drops before coming to the realization "they didn't fix it".

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2019 6:37:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 Paints | Gallery
Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#98 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 6:44:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
(Snipped)

No word abaout mclaren roof, dont we still get that fixed?
-- The McLaren Spider's roof will be down in gameplay with Series 5 update. It just wasn't listed in the update notes.

Still no garage space upgrade what start to be really ridicolus if we have to wait at least another month.
-- The garage space upgrade is in progress - PG is hoping to roll this out between series 5 and 6 before February (extensive testing is necessary to ensure no one's save game is adversely affected).

Fixing one speedtrap cant be exploited how abaout all other speedtraps and danger signs that are full of glitch scores.
-- Fixes to PR stunt glitches and exploits are ongoing as causes are identified, as are the removal of suspicious leaderboard entries.

New corvette have wrong rims and we still dont get right one.
-- Incorrect Z06 wheels and Z06 dashboard icon on the Corvette ZR1 will be corrected in the series 6 update.


While you're at it: How about answering our questions and issues regarding team adventure / wall riding / b,c,d adventures / ... without pointing at that useless live stream?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#99 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 6:50:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

Moorhead wind farm circuit with b-class car is 3 second faster using wallriding than taking turns properly.


I gave it a shot with a B class VW pickup. In three laps I did manage to get it to take one of the turns faster on the wall, but it didn't so much "ride" walls as roughly bounce along them and randomly stick enough to instantly lose 10-20 mph. I lack the knack. But the one time it worked was significantly quicker judging by the speedometer, so if I had the ability to reliably pull it off I can see that it would be quite an advantage.


I tested that long time ago when i was testing B700 chevelle and all wallriding laps was faster than clean laps. In that track i have tested that in B700, S1 and S2 class cars and smalest difference is been S1 class abaout 2s per lap. In S2 class difference was abaout 2,5s and i made video abaout it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW8Cnp6PhdY
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#100 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 7:08:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IIcrosstigerII Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
(Snipped)

No word abaout mclaren roof, dont we still get that fixed?
-- The McLaren Spider's roof will be down in gameplay with Series 5 update. It just wasn't listed in the update notes.

Still no garage space upgrade what start to be really ridicolus if we have to wait at least another month.
-- The garage space upgrade is in progress - PG is hoping to roll this out between series 5 and 6 before February (extensive testing is necessary to ensure no one's save game is adversely affected).

Fixing one speedtrap cant be exploited how abaout all other speedtraps and danger signs that are full of glitch scores.
-- Fixes to PR stunt glitches and exploits are ongoing as causes are identified, as are the removal of suspicious leaderboard entries.

New corvette have wrong rims and we still dont get right one.
-- Incorrect Z06 wheels and Z06 dashboard icon on the Corvette ZR1 will be corrected in the series 6 update.


While you're at it: How about answering our questions and issues regarding team adventure / wall riding / b,c,d adventures / ... without pointing at that useless live stream?


This times 10000000. Not the live stream thing(I wont be watching that btw) but the lower class adventures, and wall riding. Class choice in adventure is probably the only thing that will bring me back to this game at this point. I play maybe once a week now for 30mins tops. Haven't finished fortune island yet(not impressed with that) but the Santa cosmetics got fixed.

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2019 7:09:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error