This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
60 Pages<<585960Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#1476 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:12:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Currently at 1:33.837 with a very WIP setup.

Great "kick-off" run!

Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Sonoma GP is a much better track than Suckzuka. If nothing else, it doesn't have a corner that could plausibly be named "The Devil's G-String".

Ummmmm, say what! Could not agree with you more...glad it is OVER. Another day will practice how to brake in that zone...since I am sure Moss will eventually torture us by taking us back there for some MEMORIES.....lol....🤔

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#1477 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:32:53 PM(UTC)
This Sonoma track is really hard. I do okay for the first half, but really struggle after the tight right hairpin.
I must have run around about a hundred laps last night and only three clean. Most of it likely my fault having not played for a while.

I managed to have a quick go this morning and put in a little bit faster lap with the Porsche RSR and my own tune and no TCS.
BTW I'm using a controller with only braking line.

I started running TCS last night out of frustration, but at times I found it too restrictive, cutting in and bogging down the car when I didn't want it too. Anyone else feel the same or am I just a bit odd?
 2 users liked this post.
#1478 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:20:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sk15kev Go to Quoted Post
This Sonoma track is really hard. I do okay for the first half, but really struggle after the tight right hairpin.
I must have run around about a hundred laps last night and only three clean. Most of it likely my fault having not played for a while.

I managed to have a quick go this morning and put in a little bit faster lap with the Porsche RSR and my own tune and no TCS.
BTW I'm using a controller with only braking line.

I started running TCS last night out of frustration, but at times I found it too restrictive, cutting in and bogging down the car when I didn't want it too. Anyone else feel the same or am I just a bit odd?

I found the same issues running TCS........... or could be our driving lol
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 3 users liked this post.
#1479 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:55:22 AM(UTC)
1:30.208 - #17 Audi TT
No traction issues with 4WD lol, tune shared
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 3 users liked this post.
#1480 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 4:06:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wan Ge 1 Go to Quoted Post

Nice time, I'm on 1:30.208 with the #17 Audi as well 👍😄
 2 users liked this post.
#1481 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 8:01:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xxJ0n4Th0Nxx Go to Quoted Post

...lol.... GREAT job by both of you!

DJ Saoco
 3 users liked this post.
#1482 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 9:43:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Write me down on this attendance sheet....lol... I have lost soooooo much time at eh 1st hard braking location, it is SICK! Then, the weird last L-turn, and ability to place power in an efficient speedy manner is non-existent (FOR ME!).
PRKid

I was getting so little grip out of the last turn I was thinking of getting my pushbike out.
 2 users liked this post.
#1483 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 10:04:33 AM(UTC)
I'd agree that putting the power down is frustrating. I spent a little time running without traction control to see how I could do it. I ended up never down shifting below 3rd gear, even for the hair pins. It became a game of can I carry enough speed and keep the revs high enough to not bog down, while still trying to avoid spinning out even in 3rd gear.

I was nearly able to match my time doing that at 1:31. Then I put traction control back on and doing the same thing to try to avoid activating it, I dropped over a second and a half from my best on the Aston Martin. These are strange cars to say the least.

Also, I spent time running cockpit in the AM and I really wish the shifting lights on the steering wheel were visible in chase cam. I haven't yet mastered shifting by sound and that made it really easy to hit my shift points.

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2019 10:07:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1484 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 10:48:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kaylos29 Go to Quoted Post
I'd agree that putting the power down is frustrating. I spent a little time running without traction control to see how I could do it. I ended up never down shifting below 3rd gear, even for the hair pins. It became a game of can I carry enough speed and keep the revs high enough to not bog down, while still trying to avoid spinning out even in 3rd gear.

I was nearly able to match my time doing that at 1:31. Then I put traction control back on and doing the same thing to try to avoid activating it, I dropped over a second and a half from my best on the Aston Martin. These are strange cars to say the least.

Also, I spent time running cockpit in the AM and I really wish the shifting lights on the steering wheel were visible in chase cam. I haven't yet mastered shifting by sound and that made it really easy to hit my shift points.

Kaylos what I did in the Aston Martin was change the gears to run 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Getting like 85 in 1st, 115 in 2nd and 150 in 3rd. I just need to get some laps in it now.

Also thinking I may try lowering some of the HP. who cares if the PI goes down if I can get better lap times. HAHA

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2019 10:49:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1485 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 11:17:07 AM(UTC)
Did some break in laps with the GT-R with a first base tune.
Want to try some variants on that, see what I can squeeze out. Running no TSC, no ABS, etc. as always.
Working on getting it a bit more stable on the weight transfer and being a bit smoother on the throttle to get the power down.
#1486 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 11:28:51 AM(UTC)
I was considering doing that with the gears, but I haven't taken much time to tune the AM and slash's tune handles beautifully. I've been paying with a Ford GT build based on Termatt's easy driving build video. I still made a few adjustments to get more confident driving it, but was still almost a second slower than using BHR TrueBK's build.

I'm not necessarily a fan of lowering the HP. You may be more comfortable greeting on the throttle, but you won't actually accelerate any faster than proper throttle control with the higher HP number. It's simply a matter of traction limitations, and being able to ride that edge. Unless you can gain significant handling gains by doing so which are good for this track, I just don't see the advantage.

If I get some time, I'll play around more with tuning both cars. I'd love to play with the Audi, but I'm not literally buying the car at this time.

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2019 11:39:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1487 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 11:46:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xxJ0n4Th0Nxx Go to Quoted Post

...lol.... GREAT job by both of you!

This could be the option for the Horizon drivers ;)
Not sure if I have that car, but if I do, will give it a go.

#1488 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:35:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kaylos29 Go to Quoted Post
I was considering doing that with the gears, but I haven't taken much time to tune the AM and slash's tune handles beautifully. I've been paying with a Ford GT build based on Termatt's easy driving build video. I still made a few adjustments to get more confident driving it, but was still almost a second slower than using BHR TrueBK's build.

I'm not necessarily a fan of lowering the HP. You may be more comfortable greeting on the throttle, but you won't actually accelerate any faster than proper throttle control with the higher HP number. It's simply a matter of traction limitations, and being able to ride that edge. Unless you can gain significant handling gains by doing so which are good for this track, I just don't see the advantage.

If I get some time, I'll play around more with tuning both cars. I'd love to play with the Audi, but I'm not literally buying the car at this time.

Just throwing ideas out there. I do over think things.LOL

All in fun and games (Best lap still to come) fingers crossed
#1489 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:53:26 PM(UTC)
I get it, I had the same thought with the frustration. I decided to challenge myself instead and see what I could learn. I'm finding doing warm ups without traction control and then switching to it is helping keep me from getting that TC bog down that is a time killer.
#1490 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 1:10:04 PM(UTC)
1.28.755 in AM DBR9. Tune shared as Sonoma HLC v2. Still work in progress so feedback always welcome. It is capable of much more than my time would suggest.

Ran with sim steering, TCS on and manual. High brake pressure. Works same with clutch or no clutch but manual only stops it from stalling if you jump on the ebrake at hairpins:).

PS. Ebraking hairpins is no faster in this tune. Just an old habit from Horizon.
#1491 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 1:29:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
I was getting so little grip out of the last turn I was thinking of getting my pushbike out.

...LMXO......😂

DJ Saoco
#1492 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 2:02:28 PM(UTC)
Tried Wan's Audi, but couldn't really improve so tried the AM DBR9 and down to 1:31.193
 1 user liked this post.
#1493 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 2:32:52 PM(UTC)
First livery done on 2016 Ford #66 Ford Racing GT Le Mans, might do another one just waiting to see what people are using.
(Title: HLC #14 Sonoma)

60 Pages<<585960Prev

Notification

Icon
Error