This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
71 Pages<<697071Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#1751 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 5:25:39 AM(UTC)
Had a run with 2 or 3 cars this morning. Tried the Beetle, the Mini, and the Subaru. Best was the Subaru running quite a grippy build. I’ll give it another run later. I think my time was just behind Joe in 56.2xx.
#1752 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 6:10:04 AM(UTC)
Nice times guys, very close together. I have tried all of the cars and the 360 was working best for me. Currently @ 56.5xx, couldn't beat that in many maps, not sure i will improve again
 1 user liked this post.
#1753 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 7:21:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jungsten Go to Quoted Post
Nice times guys, very close together. I have tried all of the cars and the 360 was working best for me. Currently @ 56.5xx, couldn't beat that in many maps, not sure i will improve again

I did a quick rebuild of the Subaru and managed to scrape to #10 with a time of 55.817 😄

I shared my setup for you to try. I’m sure you can improve on your current time 👍
#1754 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:53:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

I did a quick rebuild of the Subaru and managed to scrape to #10 with a time of 55.817 😄

I shared my setup for you to try. I’m sure you can improve on your current time 👍

Very nice time, i will give your tune a try later 🍻

On a unrelated note, i just finished the destroy 200 bonus boards assignment in horizon 4. I had one board that i couldn't find, so i searched for a map online. I found an interactive map, on which like in game you can choose what you want to see on the map (events, barns, boards..) The season can be changed, so it looks the same as in game, and most importantly, with a right click you can hide an object, so you can tell the map to display all boards and then cross reference which you have found already and hide them until you find the ones you were missing.

Here is the link to the site if any of you wants to use it http://swissgameguides.c...ld/interactive_map.html

If you click on more interactive maps, there's also one for horizon 3
 1 user liked this post.
#1755 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 10:57:23 AM(UTC)
New PB 56.091 with Moss´s tune, excellent tune !
#1756 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 11:21:07 AM(UTC)

Thanks jungsten, but I'm sure one of you can catch me in my tune. I found this challenge much more relaxing than the GT40 at Indianapolis LOL.
#1757 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 3:07:03 PM(UTC)

Thanks jungsten, but I'm sure one of you can catch me in my tune. I found this challenge much more relaxing than the GT40 at Indianapolis LOL.

There are still 19 hours, might give it another chance tomorrow before time is up. About the GT40, i can't get that thing to turn, its like a tank. I found the Nissan was doing very well on Indianapolis, might give that one a shot. If i can run a low 20 others should easily go into the 18´s
 1 user liked this post.
#1758 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 6:48:54 PM(UTC)
New time for me 55:974, with my tune. Got my time down with better gearing no setup change. I'll share my tune before I go to bed.

Nice seeing you back Moss. Nice time. I'll see if I can give your tune a try tomorrow, before time is up.

Edited by user Sunday, January 6, 2019 7:07:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1759 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 5:51:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Coopracing Go to Quoted Post
New time for me 55:974, with my tune. Got my time down with better gearing no setup change. I'll share my tune before I go to bed.

Nice seeing you back Moss. Nice time. I'll see if I can give your tune a try tomorrow, before time is up.

Thanks, I took a look at your tune which will be good at lots of tracks but I think Rio Coast requires more grip to get you through the chicanes and tight turns.

I’ll try to participate when I can but the HLR HLCs take up most of my time. R class this week has taken me out of my comfort zone, so i’ve given up already 😄
#1760 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 9:44:40 AM(UTC)
Moved the post

Edited by user Monday, January 7, 2019 9:47:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1761 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 9:45:49 AM(UTC)
Great times by everyone on this challenge. I couldn't find the opportunity to run any further laps on it, but I'm happy that my guess on circuit and class made the racing prety close.
#1762 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 9:48:02 AM(UTC)

Nice time !

This challenge will end soon, but i want to talk about the future of this challenge.

In the last weeks more and more people have stopped participating, others only participate sometimes and we are currently down to 3 or 4 people.

Joe told me today that he won't be competing any more as well. As some of you might know i will have to go back to college again starting febuary 5th.

I thought that i will leave things running as is until then and then either leave the challenges to be moderated by someone else or change the challenges to be run only on weekends, since i won't have the time to participate regularly myself. However, with not even a handful regular participants remaining i don't see a future for these challenges.

I want to thank everyone who participated, it was a fun 5 months. I wish all of you the best for the future

I leave it up to you if you want to do a final farewell challenge.

Cheers guys 🍻

Edit: Congratulations to Moss for taking the W on the last challenge, well done 🏆

Thanks again to Rob for providing the challenge, it was fun 👍

Edited by user Monday, January 7, 2019 10:10:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1763 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 11:42:53 AM(UTC)

Thanks, I took a look at your tune which will be good at lots of tracks but I think Rio Coast requires more grip to get you through the chicanes and tight turns.

I’ll try to participate when I can but the HLR HLCs take up most of my time. R class this week has taken me out of my comfort zone, so i’ve given up already 😄

Thanks Moss I do like grip builds most of the time. But in lower classes sometime the speed builds work. I tried your tune for 30 laps, the best I could with it was 56.5xx. went back to my tune and was running 56.0 to 56.2 every lap. Had the same speed in the turns with both tunes, made up the time in the speed of my. I've found that stock tires need more air pressure, I run them at 31 to 32 PSI and go down on PSI as you go up on tire grip. Race tires 27 to 28 PSI.

I just wish I was fast like you. Maybe some day.
 1 user liked this post.
#1764 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 11:52:45 AM(UTC)

Nice time !

This challenge will end soon, but i want to talk about the future of this challenge.

In the last weeks more and more people have stopped participating, others only participate sometimes and we are currently down to 3 or 4 people.

Joe told me today that he won't be competing any more as well. As some of you might know i will have to go back to college again starting febuary 5th.

I thought that i will leave things running as is until then and then either leave the challenges to be moderated by someone else or change the challenges to be run only on weekends, since i won't have the time to participate regularly myself. However, with not even a handful regular participants remaining i don't see a future for these challenges.

I want to thank everyone who participated, it was a fun 5 months. I wish all of you the best for the future

Cheers guys 🍻

Edit: Congratulations to Moss for taking the W on the last challenge, well done 🏆

Thanks J for putting this together, It was fun i'll miss it.
We can keep the battle going in HLR HLCs
Good luck in school

Looks like I'll be finishing all the races in Forza cup, about 75% done.
 1 user liked this post.
#1765 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 7:41:15 PM(UTC)
Thank you Jungsten for all the hard work you have put into this!!! It was very much appreciated and I was able to find some cool cars I never would have raced before. Good luck with school. Thanks to all the participants as well for the challenges. See you at the HLR HLC. :)))
#1766 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 6:22:15 AM(UTC)

Thanks J for putting this together, It was fun i'll miss it.
We can keep the battle going in HLR HLCs
Good luck in school

Looks like I'll be finishing all the races in Forza cup, about 75% done.

Thanks, enjoy the Forza cup, i finished it with the exception of two 3 hour races that i couldn't force myself to sit through

Originally Posted by: SqR Gator300 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you Jungsten for all the hard work you have put into this!!! It was very much appreciated and I was able to find some cool cars I never would have raced before. Good luck with school. Thanks to all the participants as well for the challenges. See you at the HLR HLC. :)))

Thanks to you as well.

See you around 🍻
 1 user liked this post.
#1767 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 8:18:02 AM(UTC)
Thanks for running these challenges jungsten, its kept some interest in FM7 👍
PS, I can't get to grips with that Subaru lol
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 1 user liked this post.
#1768 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 10:42:08 AM(UTC)
Jungsten, thanks for running these quick events for the last few months and good luck in going back to college.

With those longer races in the Forza Cup, I think the key is to take an afternoon to do 1 at the time and break them into 30 or 40 minute stints with a couple of minutes break (make a snack, get a drink, etc).
I didn't do this and towards the end of the Ford GT race I couldn't keep the car on the track properly due to my eyes being so tired (don't know how pro drivers do long stints through the night at Daytona, Le Mans or Spa).
#1769 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:57:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Jungsten, thanks for running these quick events for the last few months and good luck in going back to college.

With those longer races in the Forza Cup, I think the key is to take an afternoon to do 1 at the time and break them into 30 or 40 minute stints with a couple of minutes break (make a snack, get a drink, etc).
I didn't do this and towards the end of the Ford GT race I couldn't keep the car on the track properly due to my eyes being so tired (don't know how pro drivers do long stints through the night at Daytona, Le Mans or Spa).

Thanks Rob

The only time i could do it like that would be if both my wife and our 4 year old are out of the house, but honestly, it ain't that important to me. I did set myself the goal to drive every car in the game, and i finished that before i started these challenges, that was an important goal to me. Without our challenge here i would probably have stopped playing 7 months ago. Since, for now at least, the HLR challenges are back on 7, i will compete in those whenever i find the time.

I think pro drivers train themselves to have a longer attention span, and get exhausted slower. If you would do long races everyday, or at least regularly you would just adapt to it
#1770 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:45:55 PM(UTC)
You're right that they would train for it, but I struggle with 10 laps at night.
I know what you mean about not playing the game without the challenges which is why a lot of us came back after the lack of leaderboards in FH4 (and I'm playing Forza Cup under my partner's profile to help out).

Jungsten, what are you going back to study? Is it something that is of interest to you?
#1771 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 4:28:08 PM(UTC)
Administrative Assistant, nothing fancy, lol. Im forced to do this because i couldn't work in my old job anymore due to my health issues. Before i used to work for Michelin in production, nice work, but terrible shifts.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 8, 2019 4:29:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1772 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 7:57:25 PM(UTC)
Thanx for the fun runs and fun playing together guys ! It was all good stuff but after a lot of years of Forza and H4 being the only title I don't have (returned it) I decided not to move forward at this point

I sort of lost most of my drive and interest for now after playing some of the titles endlessly .. plus .... the multitude of health issues have wreaked havoc in my life as well as my playing so often that it's hit and miss or like Jekyll or Hyde driving the car one run to the next lol .

I will still probably pop in a few rivals or forzathons and maybe join a challenge at random but for now the youngest of the grands will probably be playing Paw Patrol or making Mamaw play H3 jumping the sand dunes lol.

Hoping to see a great Forza 8 .. not sure if we will get one but hope to see you all on it if so.

....... But officer, I was going too fast to read the speed limit sign
 1 user liked this post.
#1773 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 4:23:41 PM(UTC)

Nice time !

Cheers guys 🍻

Late to the party...thanks J for your efforts. I really enjoyed running these events and the friendly banter that accompanied the racing. Wish you the best of luck! Thanks again 👍
Dedicated Wheel User - TMX Wheel / T3PA Pro Pedals
71 Pages<<697071Prev

Notification

Icon
Error