16 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 5:05:35 PM(UTC)
550 + the number of Upgrade Heroes in the game, rounded upwards.

Paints and tunes: same amount as garage limit.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#77 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:10:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
...we are looking into further feedback regarding the limits and what you would advise as an 'ideal average amount" especially as I understand that you all would currently like this to be increased

Are those limits there due to some XBOX Live save file requirements?
#78 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 5:30:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: alb3530 Go to Quoted Post
Are those limits there due to some XBOX Live save file requirements?

Not to get to "nerdy" on here but my guess is that it's more "database performance limitations."

To try to put it plainly, think of your garage like a dresser.
- Each dresser has a drawer (that's your car)
- Each drawer has multiple compartments (one for your tune, your livery, your statistics)
- Each compartment has a box in it, (your tune specifics, your livery decals/paint)
- Inside each box is a bunch of "stuff" that all represents the lowest level of each thing (a purchased part, a single vinyl shape)

Every time you scroll through your garage, someone has to go through all your drawers and everything in them to show you what you own.

The more "stuff" they have to look through, the slower things load, and the more "space in your room" the dresser takes.

Now multiply this by every player in the game.

Just adding ONE car more to the garage or ONE more livery to the saved section can have a non-insignificant impact on how the database performs because that's increased exponentially by all the players.

Plus, I'm guessing little has changed in the database structure since MUCH earlier games in the series considering how much carries over from game-to-game (liveries, tunes, etc.) which means they don't have a lot of room to "design it smarter" at this point.

So the simple answer is "add more servers to deal with it," but that costs more money per server, which takes up server space in the rack, which takes up rack space in the datacenter, costing more and more each step in the way, which cuts into the profits of the game.

Now also understand that since the game can be played offline, there's a copy of the database info that exists on your Xbox/PC. That needs to be cross-referenced every time you go online and look at anything. So adding more space to the garage also creates more network traffic, which requires more bandwidth, which also costs money.

tl;dr, it costs lots of money to have more stuff.

Edited by user Sunday, November 4, 2018 5:31:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 11:29:27 PM(UTC)
Well they make enough money from the forza franschise, so investing it to raise limits for players should be on the shortlist.
For me, a minimum requirement is enough tune and paint space for 1.5x the final car count. (many people may have 2 or more paints or tunes for some cars, or 2 or more builds of the same car).
#80 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 7:40:29 AM(UTC)
I mean the previous game in the franchise, Forza Motorsport 7, had all of these limits increased to much higher numbers than what they are in this game, so the possible explanations that some of you guys have mentioned don't really make any sense. I mean sure these games are different but it seems a lot of stuff has been just copy-pasted on to this game from previous games in the franchise, so why couldn't they just copy paste the limits as well? Maybe it isn't as easy as just hit copy-paste and the limits will be in this game but you'd assume that the developers would know how/find a way to do it as clearly the developers have made all the needed changes already to have the game(s) support higher number of vehicles/paintjobs/tunes. For whatever reason the increased limits just never made it in to this game, even though supposedly at some point the limits were increased or were planned to be increased as during a livestream somebody had mentioned that the vehicle limit is 900 instead of 550

As to what the limit should be, in my opinion it should be 1000 vehicles and 1000 paintjobs/tunes in total. That way all of the future vehicles that'll be released with DLCs shouldn't be a problem and any duplicates that people may want to have of certain vehicles to have various different configs of them should be easily possible without having to worry about hitting the limits

The photo limit could also be increased by at least a little bit but in my honest opinion I don't think it's too much of a problem even if that stays as is as you can easily download the pictures that you took off of Forza Hub on to your PC and then delete the pics from the Hub to get more space

EDIT: It looks like there's going to be an update for the game coming later this month. With a name of "Horizon Service Check" it would be the perfect update to increase these limits in, just saying 😉
So far at least there's been no mention about increasing these limits with the update but I'm hopeful that they will

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:43:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i7-8700K @ 3.7GHz / GTX 1080 Ti / 16GB RAM / Windows 10 64-bit
Xbox One X 1TB / Samsung 50" 4K UHD
#81 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:19:13 PM(UTC)
Change paint of the car from stock market palette shouldnt be count as a paintjob. Its more like idiotic. Additionaly we cant check the paintjob before for car which is actual used - its option only for autoshow car. The same with the garage cap. Cars list is still raising and garage cap is still the same.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:20:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:17:17 PM(UTC)
I will admit that, with the, In My Personal Opinion, Far. Too. Low. Caps on Paints (especially when even changing the Manufacturer Colour on a Wheelspin Prize Car takes up a Paint Slot!) and the Garage Slot Number (especially with the Games Car list looking like it will soon become larger than the allotted Number of Garage Slots, not Good!) I am getting More than a Little bit Paranoid as I am worried about Hitting one of the Limits before they are Increased!

I know from RETROKRYSTAL and NITRO-GLITTER that the Team at Playground are, as we speak, Looking at Upping the Caps on the Garage Slots and the Paint Slots as many People, including actual members of the Forza Staff, such as Turn 10's official Live Stream Moderator who was very kind to talk to Me Personally on the November Stream (Believe Me, that means a *Lot* to someone on the Spectrum like Myself) , think the Caps are too Low as well, and I also accept that those Caps are governed somewhat by both the Games Core Code and the Limited Space available on Microsofts Servers, so it will take a while for those Caps to be Upped as it will probably require some pretty heavy duty changes to be made to the Core Code and the Microsoft Servers!

After all, the Game is a live Service now, meaning changes like that can be Made.

it is just that I would rather like someone, preferably one of the two Staff Members I mentioned to, if it is at all Possible at the moment of course , give Us *Some* idea of what the new Caps will be (Increases to 750 Slots on Cars and 550 Slots on Paints would be Perfect In My Personal Opinion) and round about when we can expect the Caps to be Upped! as that would make Me a lot less Paranoid as I can just stop playing for a bit when I get too close to the caps for comfort and come back when they have been upped, although, hopefully, as I still have a fair bit of headroom, they will get upped before I reach that Point!!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:24:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo Removal.

#83 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:53:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Cobra Mi6 Go to Quoted Post
I will admit that, with the, In My Personal Opinion, Far. Too. Low. Caps on Paints (especially when even changing the Manufacturer Colour on a Wheelspin Prize Car takes up a Paint Slot!) and the Garage Slot Number (especially with the Games Car list looking like it will soon become larger than the allotted Number of Garage Slots, not Good!) I am getting More than a Little bit Paranoid as I am worried about Hitting one of the Limits before they are Increased!

I know from RETROKRYSTAL and NITRO-GLITTER that the Team at Playground are, as we speak, Looking at Upping the Caps on the Garage Slots and the Paint Slots as many People, including actual members of the Forza Staff, such as Turn 10's official Live Stream Moderator who was very kind to talk to Me Personally on the November Stream (Believe Me, that means a *Lot* to someone on the Spectrum like Myself) , think the Caps are too Low as well, and I also accept that those Caps are governed somewhat by both the Games Core Code and the Limited Space available on Microsofts Servers, so it will take a while for those Caps to be Upped as it will probably require some pretty heavy duty changes to be made to the Core Code and the Microsoft Servers!

After all, the Game is a live Service now, meaning changes like that can be Made.

it is just that I would rather like someone, preferably one of the two Staff Members I mentioned to, if it is at all Possible at the moment of course , give Us *Some* idea of what the new Caps will be (Increases to 750 Slots on Cars and 550 Slots on Paints would be Perfect In My Personal Opinion) and round about when we can expect the Caps to be Upped! as that would make Me a lot less Paranoid as I can just stop playing for a bit when I get too close to the caps for comfort and come back when they have been upped, although, hopefully, as I still have a fair bit of headroom, they will get upped before I reach that Point!!

I would have to agree on most of what you said, and the paint and garage slots sounds really reasonable and would suit me perfectly also.
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:20:22 AM(UTC)
I agree that 1.5x the final total car count would be good. Paints and tunes need to be increased to match, especially paints. Never before has changing the car color counted as a livery.

I’m constantly auctioning or removing cars to maintain them at a level of 500 or less. Not just doubles either.

I like to keep multiple versions of favorites but am finding myself reluctant to try out, tune, paint and use cars that I haven’t yet. Concern over the limits has me holding back. I didn’t always save or share tunes but I almost always want to paint them.

Please increase the limits. If changing paint colors can be reverted back to not counting as designs that would be great.
#85 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:58:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OddTrickStar Go to Quoted Post
Please increase the limits. If changing paint colors can be reverted back to not counting as designs that would be great.

Half the time it's just a different stock color and some window tint! Sometimes wheel color. Of my garage of 380 only 20 or so have designs, and half of that is stock race livery. Yet I have around 100 designs used already.
#86 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 11:22:24 AM(UTC)
Hey Guys, thanks for the Support.

I am glad I am not the only one who is getting increasingly Paranoid about the Paint and Garage Cap Limits.

Indeed, I chose the number 750 on Cars as I am reckoning on about 620 Cars all in when all the Content is added, that 750 I chose allows 130 Slots worth of Headroom for Upgrade Heroes and Duplicates of Favourites.

I hope 550 will be Enough on Paints, as well, given the extra Demands placed on the Limited Power available from a Console by an Open World Game, I am not sure the Console Format versions of the Game would cope with a Higher cap on Paints than 550. why Playground has programmed it so even changing the Manufacturer Livery counts as a Design I will never Know, as it is causing a few Issues , I only have 275 Cars, but, because of the Sheer Number (a good 75% of them I think) I have had from Wheelspins, meaning they are in "the wrong Colour" so I have to change the Paintwork, I am already at 114 Used Design Slots! not good :(

I don't expect to see the Caps increased at Service Check 1 however, after all, upping the Caps is going to Require changing the Core Code, so its going to take a while, as we all know, even a one letter typo in the Core Code can Rodger the whole Game! so changes to it can take quite a long time. I don't Personally expect the Cap increases to come until around Service Check 3 at the Earliest I am afraid.

I just wish a Mod could come in Here and tell us when to Expect the Increases, but, I assume they are Probably under NDA about that and are unable to do so, which sucks, but is perfectly understandable if that is the case.

Edited by user Friday, November 9, 2018 11:24:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: to keep it Polite.

#87 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 3:36:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Just to clarify, the maximum save limit (currently) for Cars is 550 and wherever 900 was mentioned was a mistake.
Tunes are limited to 300

However, we are looking into further feedback regarding the limits and what you would advise as an 'ideal average amount" especially as I understand that you all would currently like this to be increased

Based on my FH3 experience, I would like to have enough garage space for every single car that is or will be available, plus about another 50% for duplicates. With the low paint and tune save limits, I often had multiples of a single type of car with different tunes saved only to that car. In FH4, I have right about 500 cars already, most have been won from wheelspins and I have several duplicates. I have tried selling them off in the AC, but they rarely sell, and since we don't have a "sell to showroom" option anymore, if I win too many more cars I'll have to just start deleting them from my garage, which is basically throwing away money.

Ideally, we need a combination of garage cap increase, "sell back" options for unwanted cars, and have the wheelspins give the option for a cash equivalent when winning a car that you already own (like we had in FH3).
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
 2 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 4:55:09 PM(UTC)
We need a sell to game option. This should have never been removed.

We also need at least twice the space for designs to the max amount of cars we can have.

600 cars max? Make the design cap 1200 files.

Tunes, same deal.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 9:52:27 PM(UTC)
You know why we have such a low amount of space for our cars in garage, tunes, paints?

It's got to do with the priorities of these developers.

They needed to make room for emotes, clothing, horns and catch phrases.

For every person who supports the cosmetic garbage, it gives justification for the Devs to take away priority from the core game elements.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#90 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:49:27 PM(UTC)
The first expansion called Fortune Island was just announced for FH4, hopefully this will be the update that'll increase the limits mentioned in this thread. With all of the new vehicles that have been released weekly and that will/may come with this expansion on Dec. 13th (keep in mind the Blizzard Mountain expansion for FH3 came with 7 new vehicles, the Hot Wheels expansion came with 10 new vehicles) these limits have (depending on how many vehicles come with the expansion) either been reached or will be reached very shortly after that, so it would definitely be the perfect time to increase these limits
#91 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:44:24 PM(UTC)
I hope we get an increase to the paint limit and garage limit as well. It’s way too irritating deleting paint jobs and cars that you want to have multiples of but can’t because of the limit.
#92 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 4:37:32 PM(UTC)
1.5x the amount of cars in the game seems good enough. So the amount should not be what was at launch, but it should increase every time there is a content update and new cars added.

- Create an option to allow a faster way to sell off cars back to the game, if gamers wish to make space.
- Allow multiple selections, kinda like a shopping cart. Let's say you select 5 cars.
- Then the game takes in the total and makes an offer. You can back out of course and try the auction.
- To make this fun, the game will ask the user to take the offer or take a chance at the wheel. If you choose the wheel, then the wheel spins (only monetary amounts shown) and you get whatever is the result.

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2018 4:50:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

18 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 4:48:19 PM(UTC)
Playground is working on increasing save limits for cars, tunes, paints, and photos in FH4

The backend work to increase cloud save storage size was done prior to launch, but there is still work and testing that remains in defining new limits for individual save types, making sure the save profiles for over 3.5 million FH4 players to date are not adversely affected in any way.

Thanks for your patience.
#94 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:03:39 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the update Jon. Good news.
#95 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:42:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Playground is working on increasing save limits for cars, tunes, paints, and photos in FH4

The backend work to increase cloud save storage size was done prior to launch, but there is still work and testing that remains in defining new limits for individual save types, making sure the save profiles for over 3.5 million FH4 players to date are not adversely affected in any way.

Fantastic news!

I know this might be a bit too much to ask for at this moment, but any possible ETA, no matter how rough?
One of "The 50"
#96 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 6:53:32 PM(UTC)
Great news! Thank you for addressing it and listening to the users.
#97 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:30:30 AM(UTC)
Good news indeed.
#98 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:02:12 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the update, JONK! Glad to hear that they're being increased 😄
#99 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:27:06 AM(UTC)

great news
#100 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 11:40:04 AM(UTC)

Thank You for the Update JONK! that's wonderful News!

I know that it will still be a while before the New limits will come, as I notice the Garage has a bit of a bad habit of lagging thumbnails and loading the wrong image, so it looks like there might be a core code hiccup to clear up there, as well as all the testing to ensure the cloud isn't going to break when the Limits are upped to the new levels.

Indeed, I would much rather have the limit increases come a little later than expected than have the patch break My save, as that would, well, that would be a "Console meets Window" moment.. so take as long as is Needed.

Either Way, its Great to know why the Limit Increases are taking longer than Expected (testing), and its nice to have an insight into the testing Procedure that goes into making a Live Service Game with Cloud Enablement , as I love learning about what makes My Games "tick" :)

3.5 Million? that is a lot of Players for a Racing Game!

I wish you and the Guys at Playground Luck, and I look forward to seeing the Cap Increases when they are Ready.

Now, off topic, but, its confusing Me and My friends.

Is Fortune Island in the extreme North of Scotland? or is it in Norway? as I think its in the extreme North of Scotland, and My Friends think its in Norway! Help!!!

16 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error