This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<456Prev
#126 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 12:02:22 PM(UTC)
I’ve recently added support for the latest data format to my Race Dash iOS telemetry app, and although the data out has improved considerably, there’s still a fair bit missing. In particular stuff like tyre wear, brake temps, race laps and reverse gear!

Here’s hoping it gets another revision. 🤞

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2018 3:16:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Incorrectly stated that race position was missing when I meant race laps

#127 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:01:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I'd absolutely love if someone could create an app that shows live telemetry. That's be incredible.

And if we could get stuff like fastest lap, current lap, last lap, map tracking and delta times I'd she'd tear aha!

Agreed. In fact I would like to see delta t anywhere. But since even the game itself doesn't show this fundamental information it's not going to happen. Sadly.
#128 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:50:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FirstPlatoLV Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gryphon962 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone please explain the difference between these 3 parameters? The explanation copied from the OP isn't all that clear:

# f32 TireSlipRatioFrontLeft; // Tire normalized slip ratio, = 0 means 100% grip and |ratio| > 1.0 means loss of grip.
# f32 TireSlipAngleFrontLeft; // Tire normalized slip angle, = 0 means 100% grip and |angle| > 1.0 means loss of grip.
# f32 TireCombinedSlipFrontLeft; // Tire normalized combined slip, = 0 means 100% grip and |slip| > 1.0 means loss of grip.

TireSlipRatioFrontLeft << this is longitudinal slip or just spin.
TireSlipAngleFrontLeft << this is lateral tire slip angle (not the same as wheel angle).
TireCombinedSlipFrontLeft; << this is combination of the two above. Although the way they normalize this, it is hard to make sense of this third value.

TireSlipRatioFrontLeft can be used to calculate Fx, and TireSlipAngleFrontLeft could be used to calculate Fy at pure slip. TireCombinedSlipFrontLeft can be used to calculate the same at combined slip.

Any thoughts on best 'grip metric'..? I'm thinking the standard deviations of the tire_slip_angle data might be adequate for a metric addressing cornering grip. I just looked at a few sets and I was getting standard deviations of 0.4 - 0.6. Another thought is that we might only care about loss of grip ie slip angle > 1, and in that case the metric might be the percent of datapoints over 1, with lower percents being good and high bad. Thoughts?
#129 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 5:46:04 PM(UTC)
My RS-Dash app with FM7 support is now live on Android and Windows, and will be live on iOS within the next day or so. Check it out if you are interested https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash

If you create a login then it can also upload details about your sessions to our online portal. The online portal stuff is a bit more limited for FM7 due to the existing limitations in the protocol, but will contain more as the protocol gets new fields added.
 1 user liked this post.
#130 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:01:27 PM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that RS Dash with Forza 7 support is live on the Google Store and PC now, followed by iOS shortly. The link is below. If you have used RS Dash before you know that it is an awesome app and it works great with Forza 7.

https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash
#131 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:58:08 AM(UTC)
Lap times would be great (current and best) - but thanks a bunch for adding this as I use my phone for gear selection and it works great.
#132 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:28:59 AM(UTC)
I see that distance traveled is one of the data fields, is there a way to get the odometer data for the car at the start of the session so I can build a functioning odometer and not just a trip odometer?
#133 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:51:34 AM(UTC)
Is this feature not in Forza Horizon 4? I can't seem to find it if it is. If it is not why is it not there?
#134 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:36:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BombProofPlane Go to Quoted Post
Is this feature not in Forza Horizon 4? I can't seem to find it if it is. If it is not why is it not there?

Not available in FH4 at this time.
#135 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:25:17 AM(UTC)
What is the reason localhost streaming is not supported?

I have a Rev Burner and a GI Max connected to my PC that I use with SimDash that work perfectly with other games, does this mean that I cannot use them because I play Forza 7 on the same (and my only) PC? Do I literally need to have a separate PC to get my peripherals to work or am I missing something here?
 1 user liked this post.
#136 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 10:29:56 PM(UTC)
I think the localhost restriction is a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) restriction. You can probably do some udp forwarding in your router to send the data back to your PC.

Another alternative: If you have a spare Android device, you could use my App SIM Dashboard. It allows you to forward the UDP Telemetry data to another receiver. So in the game you would configure the Android device running SIM Dashboard as the UDP Telemetry receiver. The SIM Dashboard App receives the data and can forward it back to your PC on the desired port. This feature is free of charge, so no need to pay.
And by the way you would get the ability to show some widgets on your Android phone.
#137 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 12:43:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Agnt666 Go to Quoted Post

Deleted advice that was a roundabout way of enabling loopback for Forza. See post below for better information.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2018 8:10:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#138 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:23:31 AM(UTC)

I have a Rev Burner and a GI Max connected to my PC that I use with SimDash that work perfectly with other games, does this mean that I cannot use them because I play Forza 7 on the same (and my only) PC? Do I literally need to have a separate PC to get my peripherals to work or am I missing something here?

I have a much simpler option to remove the UWP restriction

Make sure that Forza Motorsport 7 is not running
Make sure that you are logged in as an administrator on the computer
Open a command prompt (click the Start button, then type command in the search and choose "Command Prompt")
Paste the following text into the command prompt and press ok.
CheckNetIsolation.exe LoopbackExempt -a -n=microsoft.apollobasegame_8wekyb3d8bbwe

You should see the word Ok. appear, this indicates the exemption was added successfully. You can now close the command prompt by typeing exit and press enter, or by clicking the X in the right corner of the command prompt window.
#139 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:29:07 AM(UTC)
@stryder2k8. first of all,thank you for the dimdash app. i've been using it for some time with several games. works perfect!
however,with forza7 i cant seem to use simdash and simvibe together because of the "sled/dash" option in game. if i select "dash" i get nothing trough simvibe, if i select "sled" i get the message (in simdash) that this game needs config.
(+ is it correct that i can only forward via my android? because on pc i can not find forza in the forward list).
perhaps i am overlooking something?
i apoligize if this has been explained already, but im drowning in the sea of information.
thanks in advance.
#140 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:07:28 AM(UTC)
The problem seems to be that Simvibe does not support the extended data format (Dash) of Forza 7. Supporting that should be no big issue for Simvibe, because it's the exact same data, just some more dashboard related info at the end of the telemetry packet. So if they increase their buffer and probably update their packet size check it should work. You may want to write them an email and see if they can update their code.

If you select Sled in Forza 7, you are missing all data which was added to Forza 7 with the September update, so you can only use very basic data. That's why the app is telling you that you need to configure the game and switch to the Dash mode in this case.

In the PC application is no forwarding option for Forza 7, because of the localhost restriction. To forward telemetry, the PC Application would need to be able to get the telemetry itself. Which is not possible (out of the box) due to the Universal Windows Platform restriction, which does not let the game send data to the localhost. That's what have been discussed in the posts above. There are workarounds available, but it's the reason why it's not included in the forwarding options.

If Simvibe do not update their code I add an option to select the telemetry type to forward. So you could select Dash in the game HUD Options and send the data to the SIM Dashboard App. In SIM Dashboard you could select Sled to be forwarded to Simvibe. It will just remove the extended data from "Dash" when forwarding it. I'll add this option with the next update of the app.

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2018 3:10:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#141 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:33:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stix Racing Go to Quoted Post

I have a much simpler option to remove the UWP restriction

Make sure that Forza Motorsport 7 is not running
Make sure that you are logged in as an administrator on the computer
Open a command prompt (click the Start button, then type command in the search and choose "Command Prompt")
Paste the following text into the command prompt and press ok.
CheckNetIsolation.exe LoopbackExempt -a -n=microsoft.apollobasegame_8wekyb3d8bbwe

You should see the word Ok. appear, this indicates the exemption was added successfully. You can now close the command prompt by typeing exit and press enter, or by clicking the X in the right corner of the command prompt window.

Thank you very much, your solution has worked perfectly.

Thanks once again.
#142 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:44:01 PM(UTC)
I play forza 7 on xbox one s. I want to send time series running data to windows PC using data out function. Please tell me if someone knows how to do it.
#143 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:13:02 PM(UTC)
I play forza 7 on xbox one s. I want to send time series running data to windows PC using data out function. Please tell me if someone knows how to do it.
#144 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:14:15 PM(UTC)
#145 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:14:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post

f32 BestLap;
f32 LastLap;
f32 CurrentLap;

I suggest these are better described as "BestLapTime", "LastLapTime", and "CurrentLapTime".

By the way, I've made some updates to the Python class and logging script over the past couple of weeks. Now it supports the new "dash cam" format as well as a configuration file that allows you to specify what data to store.
#146 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 9:24:13 AM(UTC)
I created an udp to tcp converter that allow your to receive the data and work with JS.
https://github.com/gsbar...o/simple-udp-server-fm7/
#147 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:07:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EL WESs Go to Quoted Post
@stryder2k8. first of all,thank you for the app. i've been using it for some time with several games. works perfect!
however,with forza7 i cant seem to use simdash and simvibe together because of the "sled/dash" option in game. if i select "dash" i get nothing trough simvibe, if i select "sled" i get the message (in simdash) that this game needs config.

Originally Posted by: Stryder2k8 Go to Quoted Post
The problem seems to be that Simvibe does not support the extended data format (Dash) of Forza 7.

[...]

If Simvibe do not update their code I add an option to select the telemetry type to forward. So you could select Dash in the game HUD Options and send the data to the SIM Dashboard App. In SIM Dashboard you could select Sled to be forwarded to Simvibe. It will just remove the extended data from "Dash" when forwarding it. I'll add this option with the next update of the app.

The Update of the SIM Dashboard App containing this feature is now published. You can now select to forward the Sled V1 Telemetry from the App to a second receiver, even if you get Dashboard V2 Telemetry from the game.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:09:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 Pages<<456Prev

Notification

Icon
Error