This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
Rank: Driver's License
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:27:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DigitalSpit504 Go to Quoted Post
Did the update come out already in the US? I'm asking because i haven't received any updates yet and its 9:35pm Central Time.


yes it's already out

are you on pc or xbox


I’m on pc. I tried again this morning and no update. I had to click on the game in the MS for it to start downloading.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 7:52:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sTReetBurner09 Go to Quoted Post
The Porsche 917/30 is in forza specials??? Unreal man, whoever is in charge of putting cars into divisions needs to get smacked.


Yes, it is. And there's nothing wrong with that. The real car was absurdly overpowered next to its competitors and to put it in Prototype Group Racing would've meant a level of nerf higher than what the 935/78 got. The 935 had 850 bhp in reality and must race with 550-ish when homologated, which is a problem on high speed tracks when it generates so much downforce and has only four gears.

The 917/30 is at P920 on slicks and Prototype Group Racing is R850 on vintage grooved tires. There's simply no way to balance it. You'd have to bring the others on par with it, which would've meant boosting their upgrades and therefore ruining tunes.

A similar situation occurred with the Porsche 804, which was too weak to go up against the other F1 cars, even when fully upgraded, so it got put in Forza Specials. This division is not for junk, nor "joke cars", it's for cars that can't fit into any division, for various reasons. Again, nothing is stopping you from going into Advanced Restrictions and creating a field of 60s F1 cars with the 804 in it.

You can easily make custom races in Free Play, so what's the problem? I really don't get you guys, one day the homologation is bad, the other you yearn for it. Few people play the career anymore, so there's no loss there either. And, before you mention "end the homologation", the 917/30 can't reach top of P-class either. :)

Well I mean I'm not so mad anymore although I still believe it should be placed in it's proper division, overpowering or not. But being able to turn down the power and grip handicaps plus using buckets helps keep this car within it's proper field being competitive with the other can ams. There is ways around things thank God.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:45:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:57:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sTReetBurner09 Go to Quoted Post
The Porsche 917/30 is in forza specials??? Unreal man, whoever is in charge of putting cars into divisions needs to get smacked.


Yes, it is. And there's nothing wrong with that. The real car was absurdly overpowered next to its competitors and to put it in Prototype Group Racing would've meant a level of nerf higher than what the 935/78 got. The 935 had 850 bhp in reality and must race with 550-ish when homologated, which is a problem on high speed tracks when it generates so much downforce and has only four gears.

The 917/30 is at P920 on slicks and Prototype Group Racing is R850 on vintage grooved tires. There's simply no way to balance it. You'd have to bring the others on par with it, which would've meant boosting their upgrades and therefore ruining tunes.

A similar situation occurred with the Porsche 804, which was too weak to go up against the other F1 cars, even when fully upgraded, so it got put in Forza Specials. This division is not for junk, nor "joke cars", it's for cars that can't fit into any division, for various reasons. Again, nothing is stopping you from going into Advanced Restrictions and creating a field of 60s F1 cars with the 804 in it.

You can easily make custom races in Free Play, so what's the problem? I really don't get you guys, one day the homologation is bad, the other you yearn for it. Few people play the career anymore, so there's no loss there either. And, before you mention "end the homologation", the 917/30 can't reach top of P-class either. :)


But that's what makes the 917/30 so great, and so worthy of being recognized here and in other forms of media! It was the car that finally was able to compete with McLaren, which won pretty much every Can-Am race -- not Can-Am Championship, I mean nearly every individual race -- in the early '70s. The 917/30 worked within the confines of those rules, so why not here? And of COURSE there's a way to balance it: force me to install the same tires that all the other cars in the category have. Knowing how much of a difference tire choice makes in FM7, I'm sure that would do the trick. Might make the car tough to drive, but at least it'd be my choice to drive it. Right now, I don't even have the choice in career. Which you say "few play", which I'm sure you can't prove.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:04:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:12:44 PM(UTC)
Imy game crashes everytime I try to start a race or change driver gear ☹️
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:32:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sTReetBurner09 Go to Quoted Post
The Porsche 917/30 is in forza specials??? Unreal man, whoever is in charge of putting cars into divisions needs to get smacked.


Yes, it is. And there's nothing wrong with that. The real car was absurdly overpowered next to its competitors and to put it in Prototype Group Racing would've meant a level of nerf higher than what the 935/78 got. The 935 had 850 bhp in reality and must race with 550-ish when homologated, which is a problem on high speed tracks when it generates so much downforce and has only four gears.

The 917/30 is at P920 on slicks and Prototype Group Racing is R850 on vintage grooved tires. There's simply no way to balance it. You'd have to bring the others on par with it, which would've meant boosting their upgrades and therefore ruining tunes.

A similar situation occurred with the Porsche 804, which was too weak to go up against the other F1 cars, even when fully upgraded, so it got put in Forza Specials. This division is not for junk, nor "joke cars", it's for cars that can't fit into any division, for various reasons. Again, nothing is stopping you from going into Advanced Restrictions and creating a field of 60s F1 cars with the 804 in it.

You can easily make custom races in Free Play, so what's the problem? I really don't get you guys, one day the homologation is bad, the other you yearn for it. Few people play the career anymore, so there's no loss there either. And, before you mention "end the homologation", the 917/30 can't reach top of P-class either. :)


But that's what makes the 917/30 so great, and so worthy of being recognized here and in other forms of media! It was the car that finally was able to compete with McLaren, which won pretty much every Can-Am race -- not Can-Am Championship, I mean nearly every individual race -- in the early '70s. The 917/30 worked within the confines of those rules, so why not here? And of COURSE there's a way to balance it: force me to install the same tires that all the other cars in the category have. Knowing how much of a difference tire choice makes in FM7, I'm sure that would do the trick. Might make the car tough to drive, but at least it'd be my choice to drive it. Right now, I don't even have the choice in career. Which you say "few play", which I'm sure you can't prove.


The car comes with Goodyear slicks and there are cars in PGR division with grooved tires. However, I'll say that T10 should add the ability to make tires narrower as well as letting us fit every measure in-between the ones we have now.

Another problem is that homologation is supposed to be balanced (even if it isn't). If you, say, cut power by half and the car still ends up 2 seconds faster than the others, it can't be in that division. Same as if it was slower. And there's also the class system to take into account.

The 804 for example can't hope to compete against the other F1 cars. Its tires are too narrow and it lacks power next to the others, even with supercharger conversion. So it was left out. The BMW 328 can be upgraded to Vintage Sport Coupe rules (C450) but its tires are too narrow, which hurts its handling, so that's probably why it was left out.

Then there are things such as licensing which may prevent us from changing stuff in the cars. The tires in the 917/30 are lettered so it's possible Porsche requested T10 to make an exact copy of the car and didn't allow any changes. To me it seems there's lots of stuff they can't do because of licensing. It's definitely strange that we can't fit the Ford cars with the 5.0 Coyote. Ford is stingy with copyrights so maybe they copyrighted "5.0 V8" and don't let T10 use engines with that description, which includes Jaguar's supercharged V8 and Ford's own 302.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
Rank: Racing Permit
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:13:59 AM(UTC)
Hello guys!

I will try to point out a problem in the settings of the FREE PLAY that annoys me a lot and I think it bothers many other "purist" FM7 players.

In any racing version of FREE PLAY, when we prepare in the lobbies (always off), it is never possible to adjust the CAR DIVISION WITHOUT ENHANCEMENT.

file:///C:/Users/W7/Desktop/setup.jpg


This is very annoying because it robs the player of the possibility of feeling like the cars of the same division behave in their pure version, without improvements!

The taste of the game is in the feeling of feeling the differences and limits of each car.

I want to feel the difference between them on the track!

Running in a car division, all necessarily being improved, takes away that sense of pleasure when competing between cars of the same division or between different divisions.

I believe that this adjustment is relatively simple to execute.

Please pass this information on to the Turn10 staff.

It sounds like a silly detail, but it will make a lot of difference in practice.

I'm waiting!

A hug!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:57:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sTReetBurner09 Go to Quoted Post
The Porsche 917/30 is in forza specials??? Unreal man, whoever is in charge of putting cars into divisions needs to get smacked.


Yes, it is. And there's nothing wrong with that. The real car was absurdly overpowered next to its competitors and to put it in Prototype Group Racing would've meant a level of nerf higher than what the 935/78 got. The 935 had 850 bhp in reality and must race with 550-ish when homologated, which is a problem on high speed tracks when it generates so much downforce and has only four gears.

The 917/30 is at P920 on slicks and Prototype Group Racing is R850 on vintage grooved tires. There's simply no way to balance it. You'd have to bring the others on par with it, which would've meant boosting their upgrades and therefore ruining tunes.

A similar situation occurred with the Porsche 804, which was too weak to go up against the other F1 cars, even when fully upgraded, so it got put in Forza Specials. This division is not for junk, nor "joke cars", it's for cars that can't fit into any division, for various reasons. Again, nothing is stopping you from going into Advanced Restrictions and creating a field of 60s F1 cars with the 804 in it.

You can easily make custom races in Free Play, so what's the problem? I really don't get you guys, one day the homologation is bad, the other you yearn for it. Few people play the career anymore, so there's no loss there either. And, before you mention "end the homologation", the 917/30 can't reach top of P-class either. :)


But that's what makes the 917/30 so great, and so worthy of being recognized here and in other forms of media! It was the car that finally was able to compete with McLaren, which won pretty much every Can-Am race -- not Can-Am Championship, I mean nearly every individual race -- in the early '70s. The 917/30 worked within the confines of those rules, so why not here? And of COURSE there's a way to balance it: force me to install the same tires that all the other cars in the category have. Knowing how much of a difference tire choice makes in FM7, I'm sure that would do the trick. Might make the car tough to drive, but at least it'd be my choice to drive it. Right now, I don't even have the choice in career. Which you say "few play", which I'm sure you can't prove.


The car comes with Goodyear slicks and there are cars in PGR division with grooved tires. However, I'll say that T10 should add the ability to make tires narrower as well as letting us fit every measure in-between the ones we have now.

Another problem is that homologation is supposed to be balanced (even if it isn't). If you, say, cut power by half and the car still ends up 2 seconds faster than the others, it can't be in that division. Same as if it was slower. And there's also the class system to take into account.

The 804 for example can't hope to compete against the other F1 cars. Its tires are too narrow and it lacks power next to the others, even with supercharger conversion. So it was left out. The BMW 328 can be upgraded to Vintage Sport Coupe rules (C450) but its tires are too narrow, which hurts its handling, so that's probably why it was left out.

Then there are things such as licensing which may prevent us from changing stuff in the cars. The tires in the 917/30 are lettered so it's possible Porsche requested T10 to make an exact copy of the car and didn't allow any changes. To me it seems there's lots of stuff they can't do because of licensing. It's definitely strange that we can't fit the Ford cars with the 5.0 Coyote. Ford is stingy with copyrights so maybe they copyrighted "5.0 V8" and don't let T10 use engines with that description, which includes Jaguar's supercharged V8 and Ford's own 302.


Indeed. For some weird reason I'm fascinated by licensing issues, and I can see how this would make sense.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:57:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:37:34 AM(UTC)

Men,

The worst is that I've been tapping this button for months and questioning Turn10 for this channel, but I've never gotten a response.

To this day I do not understand why I can not set up a race in FREE PLAY so that I can race in a car division without necessarily having to improve them?

It becomes bizarre!

I believed 2 groups. In one of them everything is released (for me) and in the other I specify a split (but I want all of them as well as I run without improvements and BANG!) Settings do not allow any split to go without improvements.

This is very, very frustrating!

I WANT TO RUN WITH ANY CAR (ENHANCED OR NOT) AGAINST CARS WITHOUT ENHANCEMENTS OR NOT!

I WANT TO CHOOSE THAT!

Please Turn10 solve this!
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error