This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:19:02 AM(UTC)
Morning all.

It really is a headache to give advice and tips to make this game better.

I've posted some ideas that I don't ask for royalties or any thing as payment, all i got was a ticket. No interesting we will get back to you or it will be to hard to imply replays. Gives the idea that it doesn't even get read. It's been 6 weeks now.

As I'm part of a online club where there is real life companies sponsoring the prizes. I know what we and our sponsors can benefit and most importantly Forza can benefit as after my tips and advice will simply make Forza the go too game for E-sports when it comes to racing.

I heard that there will not be a Forza Motorsport 8 next year and that they want to perfect Motorsport 7 first.

All the more reason to listen to people like us that looks at games like project cars but have faith in Forza to also cater for the people that use and prefer this game but want it to be taken seriously as a racing simulation while still cater for the casual gamer as well.

Please, if anyone that can get hold of me that is in the planning department, it will be much appreciated.

Johan Marais
 5 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:33:40 AM(UTC)
Turn 10 probably receives thousands of posts/emails from people like you with suggestions/advice on how to improve the game.

They're not a company known for replying to emails, but rest assured, their commitment to FM7 for the next year rather than moving on to a new game does say something about them listening to the community.
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:15:07 AM(UTC)
imagine this forum more as a blog or journal, they say they are listening to the community but never really specify how they are listening. Are they actually reading the forum? maybe....maybe not. the community has been asking for custom public lobbies back since Forza 5. they took them away in Forza 3 we complained and they brought then back..what also came back in Forza 4 was the player count. They have segregated the community to either part take in the hopper which they decide the parameters of how we race or force us to use private lobbies and rally our own players together in other means of communication often outside of these forums and in game(facebook and other forums). I still don't understand why they won't allow Custom Public Lobbies back, they have never responded to any of the posts. it would clean up the racing giving the host the ability to instantly kick rammers. it would also give us the ability to race the tracks, class and any other setting in the game at our will and open up the ability to invite the entire online community publicly by posing a title to our custom public lobby. thus keeping all the communication internal within the game. Isn't that what they want? a cleaner more professional racing experience. Or you could name the lobby "crashing and cruising" and I would instantly know not to join that one but if I see "Nurburgring 24/7 no lines no assist B class" I know I just found heaven.

again I have to ask, are they really listening? probably not, just being force-fed another executives idea of what this game "should" be like instead of what the community is asking for.

also car soccer...with goals and an oversized soccer ball like Forza 4 again please.
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:09:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Turn 10 probably receives thousands of posts/emails from people like you with suggestions/advice on how to improve the game.

They're not a company known for replying to emails, but rest assured, their commitment to FM7 for the next year rather than moving on to a new game does say something about them listening to the community.

Are they committed to FM7 as you say or are they in full damage control? Don't get me wrong, I have been very critical of the game. I love Forza Motorsport, and am enjoying this one more and more with every little fix that is applied.

T10 has copped a lot of flak over this game, for good reason. From day one there was the VIP scam, followed by SUV heavy DLC, dodgy features added, good features removed, visual bugs, crashes, blah,blah...... Rebuilding consumer faith in the Forza Motorsport brand is, I believe, priority one for T10, and I wish them all the best. They are doing OK so far.

#5 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:47:38 AM(UTC)

I'm sure they do get a metric ton of "useless or far fetch" tips and ideas. But why I am sure that they don't really look into it is because on the same day I posted 3 different emails. One on the given location for bugs and general issues and 2 other emails to the given location for suggestions and input.

I received 3 different tickets for the 3 different emails as a reply.

The email about the issue I had got a reply 2 weeks later with a "we know about this, thank you and a work around while they fix it. The 2 emails about suggestions, 6 weeks later, no reply.

And it is not even unrealistic or useless ideas, it is actually something already in the game that can be implemented in a different part of the game as well that will be a game changer and guarantee that Forza will be the go too racing game for E-sports.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:29:35 AM(UTC)
1468 posts made in the FM7 features wishlist (besides all the emails they receive), and T10 has to specifically listen and reply to yours because .......?

Here is the link if you want make an addition to it: https://forums.forzamoto...atures-Wish-Lists.aspx?=
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:20:14 AM(UTC)
According to SOY, their mailbox is saturated with support tickets after FH4's release, so it's taking a while for them to go through everything. But I don't think it'd hurt to ask again if necessary.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:23:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HellBnt4Metl666 Go to Quoted Post

Are they committed to FM7 as you say or are they in full damage control? Don't get me wrong, I have been very critical of the game. I love Forza Motorsport, and am enjoying this one more and more with every little fix that is applied.

T10 has copped a lot of flak over this game, for good reason. From day one there was the VIP scam, followed by SUV heavy DLC, dodgy features added, good features removed, visual bugs, crashes, blah,blah...... Rebuilding consumer faith in the Forza Motorsport brand is, I believe, priority one for T10, and I wish them all the best. They are doing OK so far.

I would say both damage control and commitment. The launch of this game was anything but great, and it felt like it was far from finished. What we have now, I'd say is obviously a much better product than it was a year ago, and to see that they're not going to jump ship in a year's time for a newer game gives me faith (and I hope everyone else too).

Glad they have people like Esaki on board.
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:35:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HellBnt4Metl666 Go to Quoted Post

I’ve been playing FM since it’s launch in 2005 (irrespective of what the “playing since” number says, as that’s changed a few times over the years fir a lot of ppl.)

Anyhow, ever since FM7 was released, and Xbox One White 2 terabytes was released, I was predicting that the game would not be progressing past this one, and thatbince Xbox X was released, there would be no more hardware (consoles as such) would re released.

Reason being, the HUGE effort and financials going into the ESports side of the game, the focus has changed.

And rightfully so. While I’m a lover of the whole console thing. I have collector editions of every single Xbox made, and still have them. And theyball work fine, often booting them up to,play a game like TOCA (V8’s Supercars) on the first Xbox..

The release of the latest hardware and the push into E-Sports shows they are moving forward with the whole digital age and the use of multiple devises.

There’s talk that some future games could well be played on any devise, even a PS . . Believe it or not.

Read this if you don’t believe me. Sony are lagging behind in allowing full cross platform game play.

https://www.businessinsi...ed-2018-3?r=US&IR=T

So Forza 7 is being the game that will morph into the racing game to have as they fine tune it, add extra features. More cars, as storage is no longer an issue.

Those with the latest Xbox have the power to play anything that any developer puts up.

Even at E3 in LA in 2010 when MS paid fir myselfvand several staff to attend (we had to pay for our own travel of course) - there wasvtalk by manyndevelopers that they were wanting games to be Multiplatform. As they could see where their own games were going, they knew that hardware would get to a point it basically would meet its peak as far as consoles go.

We should be grateful that they are working on FM7 to make it better, rather than breaking up the team, like they usually do, and change focus to a new game.

That actually stumps a games growth. Usually once a game is released, they would have been already working hard on the next iteration. Leaving a skeleton crew to maintain the released game, while the bulk of the team moves to the next iteration.

Right now, ideally we have a large portion of the crew working on different areas to push the TITLE, not nessesary ly the iteration, into a whole new level.

Time will tell, watch how the E-Sports really gets a push, watch how their efforts go into the public marketing side of E-Gaming, offering huge prizes, helping different segments get more recognition.

But also notice the lack of ‘talk’ about the Next Big Thing as far as a console goes, or the next Iteration.

It’ll all be about improving the dynamics, the handling, the features and how they work or need work on etc etc.

Just how many cars can one person race, 500, 600, 700 800. Seriously . . Most have a handful of cars they prefer to race. No one uses every car they have in their garage. It would take them months to just put down several laps of every car on several tracks.

We need to be happy with how they have decided to really try hard tomirion out as many issues they can. Their focus is definitely towards online gaming. So the need to a console is deminishing. It’s now become a home entertainment centre. Movies, NetFlix, etc etc . .

Sure, there heaps of areas that need attention. I’d rather they have a larger team focused on it, rather than a skeleton crew working long hours and screwing things up.

Wouldn’t you (universal you) . .

OZ
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:48:07 AM(UTC)
^Agree with everything, but last Xbox hardware will be the next one. The lineup will have a streaming box, then the slim, and then the high-end.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018

Notification

Icon
Error