This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 3:26:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChristinaRacing Go to Quoted Post
The current World #1 time has to be some sort of glitch. Shows using automatic and TCS, yet it's nearly 2 full seconds faster than the World #2 time. I've been ahead of it between 2 and 4 car lengths entering the last part of the esses carrying maximum speed and in the optimum gear at full throttle, yet somehow the World #1 ghost looks as if it is shot out of a cannon once passing the final curb and disappears ahead of me almost out of sight. It looks fairly sloppy as well not even taking the best line thru turn 1.

It's definitely not a glitch but a speedhack. He/she uses it multiple times in that lap.
Just report him/her for cheating.
#27 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 11:17:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: outsider819 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Khaddar Go to Quoted Post

Oh, not the glitchiest - someone has a time of 6 seconds for COTA GP according to one of the career races I ran the other evening. Needless to say that's quite some distance ahead of second place on that LB. Unfortunately I didn't have my phone handy to grab a pic of it.

LOL, there's some pretty bad ones for sure.

So true. Just looked at the rival LB and realised the glitch guy is the same name as the one I'd seen on COTA. Guess he's making a not-so-subtle habit of it.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:04:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Braindead NL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChristinaRacing Go to Quoted Post
The current World #1 time has to be some sort of glitch. Shows using automatic and TCS, yet it's nearly 2 full seconds faster than the World #2 time. I've been ahead of it between 2 and 4 car lengths entering the last part of the esses carrying maximum speed and in the optimum gear at full throttle, yet somehow the World #1 ghost looks as if it is shot out of a cannon once passing the final curb and disappears ahead of me almost out of sight. It looks fairly sloppy as well not even taking the best line thru turn 1.

It's definitely not a glitch but a speedhack. He/she uses it multiple times in that lap.
Just report him/her for cheating.

If that is a hack, then how come someone that hacked before and is still hacking not banned? What is going on here?
#29 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:50:18 PM(UTC)
This event is ridiculously tough for me. I cannot beat Mechberg cleanly without dirtying the lap. On clean laps he’s always a hair ahead of me and then pulls ahead on the turn after the straight. Having a hard time knowing what gear to be in for turn 1 (using 2nd) and the hard right sweeper after the long straight (usually 3rd and then upshifting into 4th). Also, it seems fastest to not shift into 6th on the long straight.

Edit: I passed Mechberg’s time and the next guy above. How are these guys getting decent times running full auto and all assists on? I’m running everything off except for having no clutch.

-k

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:40:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:40:10 AM(UTC)
Down to a 1:10.201

I always butcher that #1 turn.
#31 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:26:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
Also, it seems fastest to not shift into 6th on the long straight.

6th? I'm not even shifting into 5th.

#32 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:49:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post

Well, considering he was having trouble, that kinda explains it lol.

But I do use 5th.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:26:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post

Well, considering he was having trouble, that kinda explains it lol.

But I do use 5th.

If you get the first 3 turns right you need to use 5th on the straight otherwise you top out in 4th before you get to the next corner
#34 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:22:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rock Lobster SV Go to Quoted Post
If you get the first 3 turns right you need to use 5th on the straight otherwise you top out in 4th before you get to the next corner

Does your speed on 5th have time to get higher than the top of 4th? I found that the speed I lose by hitting the limiter is roughly the same that I lose when shifting up, and I'm still not really getting above 260km/h. So right now if I'm really careful with the throttle I can JUST keep it under the limiter for a couple seconds before the turn comes up. :)

My first turn still kinda sucks, but I think I'm getting the next couple curves down pretty good now.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:49:17 AM(UTC)

Does your speed on 5th have time to get higher than the top of 4th? I found that the speed I lose by hitting the limiter is roughly the same that I lose when shifting up, and I'm still not really getting above 260km/h. So right now if I'm really careful with the throttle I can JUST keep it under the limiter for a couple seconds before the turn comes up. :)

My first turn still kinda sucks, but I think I'm getting the next couple curves down pretty good now.

What you mean "careful with the throttle"? Right after T1 it's full throttle until T5.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:57:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:27:40 AM(UTC)
What you mean "careful with the throttle"? Right after T1 it's full throttle until T5.

I mean when I get to max speed on 4th, I try to keep it right there at the edge of the limiter without actually hitting it and slowing me down.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:16:22 AM(UTC)
This is my first bounty hunter event. I've done a 1:11.441 which beats all the bounties so far. I was expecting them to be really tough but maybe they'll improve through the month.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:50:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:21:32 AM(UTC)

I mean when I get to max speed on 4th, I try to keep it right there at the edge of the limiter without actually hitting it and slowing me down.

Well I have to shift into 5th otherwise I will hit the limiter. Controlling in 4th is also slower, so I don't see your point.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:24:42 AM(UTC)

I am hitting 163mph, (262.3kph) before braking at the end of the straight. I'll have to try staying in 4th and see if it makes a difference to my split time.
Currently my best lap time is 1.09.903 after about 50 laps. I think I've got a few more tenths in me but I think the 1.08's of the top guys is beyond me.

#40 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:17:19 AM(UTC)

Well I have to shift into 5th otherwise I will hit the limiter. Controlling in 4th is also slower, so I don't see your point.

For me it's still not slower than the speed I lose when shifting up to 5th. That's even with clutch, although I'm still only learning to use manual w/ clutch. But anyways, it might just be me not getting enough acceleration before the straight, especially out of the first turn.

Edit: Okay, if I shift up early enough, it's definitely easier to control, and might also be worth it speedwise. Sorry about the nerdy nitpicking, I just love talking about stuff like this. :)

Edited by user Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:26:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error