This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
92 Pages<<909192Prev
#2276 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 9:09:08 AM(UTC)
I never really understood the road feel/ lack of road feel argument. Drive your car down the road and tell me how much you actually feel in the wheel. Personally i dont want to feel any of that nonsense in the wheel that you dont really feel. Heck in a real car you dont even feel most of the core ffb effects nevermind the additional nonsense. I want wheel feel to be very primitive and realistic but also to provide me the maximum essential information to going fast. Road feel is not one of those. Like I said drive down the road and even aim at a pothole but really focus on what your hands feel not what you feel through your hole body and tell me how much of the road you fell.

@kdogg - I am glad you noticed a difference from 6 to 7... I didnt unless you count going from absolutely horrendous to completely atrocious an improvement... There is not 1 setting in the games actual settings that even moderately resemble good ffb. I would still like to know what they are using as the core of their ffb system. What information are they using to provide us with the information they send to the wheel. Obviously the information is their for a proper ffb because the likes of platos emuwheel wouldn't work without the information through the apk... just dont know where t10 gets their interpretation from, apparently noone there has ever played any racing game/sim other than forza or has never driven a car on track or even the road for that matter.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#2277 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 9:22:45 AM(UTC)
I think they mean like a constant level of minor vibration or back and forth random FFB feeling following the track surface (that's supposedly scanned to the inch or something). That way the wheel doesn't feel dead until cornering or turning happens. I think it's different in road cars driven by people day to day because those cars are designed for comfort and to have a floaty ride with not as much transmitted through the wheel. I admit, I'm not a race driver either, but i assume that with a race tuned car, that you can feel and respond to the road better.

yes FM7 does feel like an improvement to me, but coming from games like Dirt Rally, the feel of the car is not really there yet. Hoping this FFB change does something good for the wheel experience but we've been waiting for a long time now.

-k
#2278 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:36:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
@Recar: Do you use that with an Xbox One, and if so, how do you get it to function?

@Evan: Yeah they could use some more actual road vibration or road to wheel movement. I'm looking at upgrading my F1 2016 to F1 2018 next week on Black Friday since I've heard from multiple people that the FFB is much improved. With F1 2016 I had to set the wheel weight all the way up to avoid oscillations on wet tracks.

-k

I use a optical to rca converter, and Dirt Rally feels great with the Buttkicker.

https://www.amazon.com/s...1&crid=30KD4K29VRH32

Edited by user Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:44:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fanatec CSR, CSR Elite pedals on a homemade wooden frame for the 360.

Thrustmaster TX on a homemade wooden frame for Xbox one.
#2279 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:24:09 AM(UTC)
I didn't even know the XB1 had optical output, but that's good to be aware of, especially if I decide to get a Buttkicker and the bolt on attachment for the GT Omega ART. And yeah, I love Dirt Rally.

-k
#2280 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:46:14 AM(UTC)
BTW kdogg pro isn't much more expensive than the art and is quite a bit more sturdy and has more options to grow your setup. I can also get you a discount to if you are interested which will probably make them about the same price if you havent already made the jump.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#2281 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 3:06:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
apparently noone there has ever played any racing game/sim other than forza

No apparently about it.

Its a racing game made by people who dont play racing games.
Its a game that is pieced together with 13 years of code made by other people, maintained by other people who never wrote the first instance, thats "fixed" by someone else.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
92 Pages<<909192Prev

Notification

Icon
Error