This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
32 Pages<<303132Prev
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 3:08:40 AM(UTC)
#776 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:53:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GlenofBaal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
I'm tired of defending Turn 10 when it comes to sounds... Gonna say it how it is.

My advice:

1) Nail the pitch

You have a 458 Italia and a 458 Speciale. There are small differences between sound, but it's the same engine. It does not make sense to crank up the pitch on the higher car (458 Speciale) to "set it apart" from the lower one. Please, just don't. It's not "impressive", it's "wrong". At this point in time, with YouTube widely available, the only people you're gonna "impress" with such philosophy are children. And, while you're at it, don't try to increase the pitch in classic American cars either. If they got that low revving burble, let them be. If I want "impressive", I'll just add cams to it.

Biggest offenders: Ferrari 458 Speciale, Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV, 2017 Bentley Continental Supersports, 2014 Golf R, 2002 Camaro SS, 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO, many classic muscle cars, the Ford NASCAR (which is the opposite, not high enough pitch).

Correct pitch, always!

2) Check which engine the real car comes with

You have an Alfa 155 Q4. This car was basically a Lancia Delta HF Integrale in an Alfa body. It came with the same turbo inline 4 as the Delta. It does not make sense to give it a V6 sound (shared with Maserati Ghibli and Alfa Giulia QV, BTW) to "make it sound like an Alfa 155 V6 Ti". We don't want that. We want the car to sound as it is, in this case, like a 4-banger.

Biggest offenders: Alfa 155 Q4, Alfa Giulietta Sprint Veloce, Porsche 904 Carrera GTS, Porsche 917/20.

Correct samples, always!

3) Treat special cars with the love they deserve

You have a 911 GT3 RS. You just can't expect to pass off a boosted sample from a Cayman as the real thing. Everyone knows how this car sounds. Remember, we are in YouTube age. If they don't get what they expect to, they'll be disappointed. And they'll start to say your game sounds like crud (which, honestly, is true for many cars). This is not The Crew. This isn't even Forza Horizon. This is Forza Motorsport. We have higher standards.

Biggest offenders: all GT3 RS variants starting with the 2012, Ferrari F50, Ferrari 488 GTB, LaFerrari, Maserati GranTurismo S, Alpine GTA Le Mans, some people would put the Skyline GT-R (all variants) in this list as well.

Correct mixing, always!

If you guys at Turn 10 need examples of proper sounds in the game as a guideline, I'll give you three: 2012 BMW M5, 2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S, 2011 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4.

Another issue I have is that most people don't know how to report mistakes in sound direction. They just say, "it's [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]". Well, why do you say that, then? Why is it not lifelike to you? Because each car has a distinct problem. The Aventador SV has wrong pitch, but correct samples (if you disagree, just go watch that Nordschleife lap time for the umpteenth time). The Porsche 917/20 has correct pitch, but wrong samples. The LaFerrari's biggest problem is mixing, as they added a V8 layer to increase bass but it was too much and muted the V12 at higher revs during acceleration. Pointing out the right issue is a great help to those in charge of fixing it.

What he said!!
I have emailed them a few times about this. At this point it's really the only complaint I have with FM7. Recently attended Road America and the sounds were so glorious I couldn't wait to fire up FM7! While I did put up a lot of miles it just couldn't gimme those exhaust notes, rumbling lows or blow off valves! (Vintage event was epic) I know their are a ton of cars Turn 10 but this is your baby! I'll even suggest removing all off road vehicles so you dont have to worry about fixing those! Horizon is a good place for them.

And what *you* also said - very well said Sir!

Forza is their baby... they are working hard to make so many improvements.. why are they neglecting sound? Sound is very much there and a critical component of the game.. you can't just ignore it. And it can be indeed very, very hard to ignore the car audio inconsistencies in the game.

Please for God's sake T10 - dedicate some time to this, is all we're asking!

Originally Posted by: st20v tazz Go to Quoted Post
It's sad to see after all the views , posts and countless tweets , emails to Turn 10 that nothing was done about this..... It's truly sad.... this broke the game for me , I'm sorry to say I won't pre order any motorsport title again as sound is the major thing that attracted me to this franchise. (Owned every single Forza game)

I can relate to this. I shifted away from many racing games just to get a load of Forza car sounds. What baffles me is that they did the sound this way and expected fans not to notice. Close to 50k views and 32 pages... right, no one would notice!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 7, 2018 3:06:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#777 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 10:14:49 PM(UTC)
Is this the problem where you can basically only hear the turbo and its super high pitched because if so im having the same problem.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 3:08:40 AM(UTC)
#778 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 1:28:38 AM(UTC)
Unfortunately, yes.. you hear a lot of pitch in the car sounds, a lot of air being sucked in... but the loud roar and bass that comes from exhaust sounds... they ditched that in FM7. It baffles me, it really does. What was the sound engineer or sound design lead thinking? The cars will not sound any different no matter how high-end or how ghetto your sound setup is. They really should look at reworking the midrange and bass frequencies because the cars do not sound rich and heavy like they should.

They seem to sound tiny, faraway and not so powerful. Annoyingly, the chopper and rumble strips, overhead bridge "whoosh".. all these sounds are too powerful and bassy. What possessed a developer like T10 to do sound this way, we may never know. FM6 has over 600 cars - I don't think the addition of another 100 or so would lead to such terrible car sound design choices.

Play GTS and you'll see how loud and bass-rich the notes are. They captured it very well with their latest game. Up until Forza 6 and Horizon 3, they captured car notes quite well, IMO. The ones that were spot on, that is.
#779 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 10:54:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheElephant2334 Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately, yes.. you hear a lot of pitch in the car sounds, a lot of air being sucked in... but the loud roar and bass that comes from exhaust sounds... they ditched that in FM7. It baffles me, it really does. What was the sound engineer or sound design lead thinking? The cars will not sound any different no matter how high-end or how ghetto your sound setup is. They really should look at reworking the midrange and bass frequencies because the cars do not sound rich and heavy like they should.

They seem to sound tiny, faraway and not so powerful. Annoyingly, the chopper and rumble strips, overhead bridge "whoosh".. all these sounds are too powerful and bassy. What possessed a developer like T10 to do sound this way, we may never know. FM6 has over 600 cars - I don't think the addition of another 100 or so would lead to such terrible car sound design choices.

Play GTS and you'll see how loud and bass-rich the notes are. They captured it very well with their latest game. Up until Forza 6 and Horizon 3, they captured car notes quite well, IMO. The ones that were spot on, that is.

They introduced a new granular system in FH3 and seem to be remaking everything from scratch. I really think we're beating a dead horse when complaining about cars like GT3 RS, etc. They must know the sound is not up to snuff.

GTS didn't impress me. The gear changes are way too smooth and some additional sounds like the straight cut gear whine are pretty annoying. They got good samples, yes, but didn't do a very good job with them.

The sounds in FM7 are definitely inconsistent. Not all of the cars have the same attention as the 2016 Shelby, which sounds spot on.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#780 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:44:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheElephant2334 Go to Quoted Post

I’m 100% with you on this. The sad thing is it’s the future of their games. Tried the FH4 demo, it’s the exact same way. No low end from cars, and even the Harrier jet didn’t produce any bass from my sub, while buzzing by just feet away. Also no Atmos from my overheads either. I’ll have to settle for the Cobra and GTS when I need some sound nirvana, it’s completely dead in this franchise now.😣
7 Forzas, 4 VIP/Ultimate editions, 1 refund. Such a shame🤦‍♂️
 1 user liked this post.
#781 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 1:07:14 PM(UTC)
I really wanted to see turn 10 do something about the car sounds, for example: the rb26 engines. Those engines sound awesome but I know that it can be improved, the current engine sound we got is cool. My idea was make the current sound available with stock exhaust only. It would be cool to hear the engine sound change in each exhaust upgrade. The nismo gtr LM has a great sound, and it would be cool to have that in the other skylines,like the nismo LM sound would be the race exhaust upgrade for the skylines r32,33,34, generally the rb26s. Or you can even check rb drift engines to see how good they sound. It would be great if turn 10 could read and consider this. I love forza more than gran turismo, but if gran turismo has this why cant we have in forza 7. I believe turn 10 can do this. Please turn 10 try to do this for forza 7 please
 2 users liked this post.
#782 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 1:17:34 AM(UTC)
#783 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 6:17:21 AM(UTC)

What a freaking let down. Why have they gone downhill with car sounds? It makes no sense to me. On another note, the hoonigan mustang is probably the best sounding car in Forza 7. It's turbos sound accurate and man that engine note with the pops and flames is sick! Now if only hundreds of more cars has this treatment...
#784 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 6:36:55 AM(UTC)
Well, hello, what do we have here? I just saw a FH4 thread about car sound complaints and we already have a giant one for FM7?

Thanks for posting your thoughts people - I was planning to add FH4 to game pass but seemed hesitant given the complaints with car sounds. And I'll be skipping FM7 entirely based on the comments here. Sound is very important to me irrespective of gameplay or graphics.

Streetburner, I saw a clip of the Mustang before posting here based on what you said - are you talking about the Ken Block AWD Mustang? It sounds way too high-pitched and kind of weak in the game. Perhaps I saw it on YouTube that's why, but aren't TY vids also in surround? I have a 7.1 amp connected to my console.
 1 user liked this post.
#785 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 1:13:18 PM(UTC)
I'm surprised you guys took this long to realize it. I knew it would be like this the moment they showed the 2018 Mustang in the #ForzaMonthly.

Either way, the engine they currently have is vastly superior to what they used to have. Let's take FH2 for example: widely praised, but for no reason, as some of the sounds are grossly inaccurate and the ones that aren't tend to lack depth. One such example is the 360CS they give you early in the story, which sounds like an insect flapping its wings, as opposed to the symphony of later games, including FM7. Another is the McLaren P1, which was the cover car of FM5. The Shelby GT500 also lacks its supercharger whine.

FM6 on the other hand is probably where the old engine peaked, but even that game has its many oddballs next to the new ones.

Sounds being much better in the old Forza games next to new ones is a myth. It depends a lot on the car you pick, that's the truth.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#786 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 5:08:29 PM(UTC)
Let's take a stupid example , the Zonda R in project cars and the Zonda R in Forza nuff said.... I love Forza but geez this is terrible....
#787 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 5:19:15 PM(UTC)
Let's take a stupid example , the Zonda R in project cars and the Zonda R in Forza nuff said.... I love Forza but geez this is terrible....

Agreed. The freaking thing sounds like a Lamborghini aventador SV, not even close. I agree with the guy 2 posts up, some cars sound better than others across many Forza games that being said some cars have had weird changes over the years in terms of sounds. For instance the c6 zr1...sounded good in Forza 4, ok in Forza 5, horrible in Forza 6 and not too bad in Forza 7. Weird stuff in the sound dept within T10 studios I tell ya.
 2 users liked this post.
#788 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 9:59:23 PM(UTC)
I recently had a go at Dirt 4 on a friend's Xone-X. Oh my word, is all I'm going to say. Perhaps they should outsource car sound reproduction to Codemasters? Just a thought.
#789 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:56:07 PM(UTC)
Hello all, I tried out the XR4Ti spotlight IMSA racer, and to me at least, the engine sounds like a 4 or 6 cylinder, and not the 6.0 V8 that is in the car in Forzavista. I know these racers also came with 2.5L 4 cylinders however.

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 1:04:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#790 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:35:49 AM(UTC)
It sure doesn't sound like a fire-breathing 600hp V8. If I remember the story in the Tamiya catalogue from the time correctly, the Merkur XR4Ti was the Ford Sierra for the North American market.
#791 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:33:27 AM(UTC)
They need to correct this, it sounds like it has 350hp with that engine note. Typical T10 though, way too many sound bugs smh.
#792 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 8:49:05 AM(UTC)
Pretty cool.I didnt realise this was the american version of the uk XR4i.We `only`got the 2.8 version with the cologne V6,same as in the capri 2.8injection,not the other engines if my memories right,
Andy
 2 users liked this post.
#793 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:46:06 PM(UTC)
Hopefully with sound controversy surrounding FH4 and news regarding FM7 future the sounds will be looked into in this game as well...
Why is my avatar different here than on the Xbox...
 3 users liked this post.
#794 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 12:50:55 AM(UTC)
I cannot believe what I've been hearing about FH4. Car sounds are terrible just like FM7. Are T10 and PG aware that this problem is literally killing the Forza franchise? The lack of effort put into Forza games these days is unbearable, the community has been waiting
a very long time for FM7's sounds to be fixed, and now FH4 is no better. How could have they become so lazy? I just don't understand how in Forza 6 the sounds were spot on and Forza 7 is embarrassing. FH2 sounds were decent, but FH4 depressing. I'm just mind blown and upset that I payed good money for an incomplete game.

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2018 10:53:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#795 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 1:23:34 AM(UTC)
I can say for certain the M4 sounds NOTHING like a real life M4.
 2 users liked this post.
#796 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 7:40:26 AM(UTC)
Glad to see this thread still stand.

Just wanted to tune in once more.

Since this has carried over to Horizon as well, and seemingly zero response from T10/PG...

This "trend" has to stop. Unless they *HAVE* to make changes for the worse due to performance - which is still not OK, but at least understandable - the audio lead guys need to 'take a meeting' and figure out just what went wrong.

If this was a change just for "the sake of change/innovation" (FM7 & FH4), they've missed a barn's broadside with a shotgun.
 1 user liked this post.
#797 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 12:39:14 AM(UTC)
1991 Mazda Motorsports RX-7, 1998 Nissan R390, 2013 BMW M6, 2012 BMW M5, 2010 Maserati GranTurismo S, 2004 Maserati MC12, 2002 Ferrari Enzo, 2011 Mazda RX-8 R3, 2010 Pagani Zonda R, 1971 Porsche 917/20, 1973 Porsche 917/30. Wanna know what these cars have in common? THEY ALL HAVE THE WRONG ENGINE SOUND!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:55:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#798 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:37:55 PM(UTC)
the 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder has the same problem as the 1971 Porsche 917/20.

And that problem is they both sound like flat 12s in the mid to low RPM range and in the high RPM range start sounding more like flat 6s. They are always supposed to sound like a flat twelve. Seems to me Turn 10 has their sound samples all mixed up.

We need an engine sound update, anyone else agree?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:46:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#799 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:34:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUKE bball 8 Go to Quoted Post
Any feedback on the sounds will be much appreciated when FM7 drops. Accurate car sounds are hugely important IMO. The horrible sounds in FH3 led me to regret the $100 pre-order of the game. I am not going to make the same mistake again and pre-order FM7. I am completely fine sticking with FM6 if the sounds in FM7 are bad.

some of the engine sounds in Forza 7 are terrible. And Turn 10 ain't doing nothing about it.

32 Pages<<303132Prev

Notification

Icon
Error