Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify
PlageBLN
Ok, thanks for the reply gents.

Seems it all boils down to how the car is unwrapped then. Was just wondering because it looks really smooth on the Lambo and thought I'd ask.

@BomberVette: I've noticed this "0.50 trick" by accident already. Resizing also helps sometimes but can also screw things over like when using pre-fabricated decals. Especially ones that are created "large" can become a PITA when resizing them to lets say 10%. Often lines/shapes get distorted this way and you'll basically have to start all over again.
Posted: Thursday, July 8, 2021 3:37:40 AM(UTC)
BomberVette
Originally Posted by: PlageBLN Go to Quoted Post
Great job like usual!

Would you share your trick to make things like the Valvoline on the door or the bend lines on the side appear as clean as they are? As soon as I'm turning something like a writing or a line just the slightest it immediately gets out of shape (staircasing).

To add, sometimes duplicating the layer and moving it half a tick (0.50) in any direction where visible can improve anti-aliasing (AA, no not Alcoholics Anonymous). FH3 and 4 have decent (but not ideal) AA while FM7's is flawless from my experience. If you have FM7, creating liveries there then importing them to FH4 will yield the same design but in reduced AA. For the most part, simple parts of a livery like stripes should retain the same AA block size. However one exception I can note is not related to AA, but rather the way decal resizing works: one tick smaller (0.99) may resize only specific layers of decal, best example being misaligned letters (the cross in a 't' being farther above or below where it was placed when the decal was saved).

Aside from that, I haven't found any other way to mitigate subpar AA ("staircasing"). You might already know some, or all, of this. If so, you're already there. Resizing decals triggers my OCD 99% of the time, the 1% exception where it doesn't being when they're tiny and blurry as a few drops of milk clouding up a glass of water. If anyone has alternative methods of doing the same, it'd be nice to see others chiming in. :)
Posted: Monday, July 5, 2021 3:17:40 PM(UTC)
KoolIROCZ1967
Thanks PlageBLN 👍

Some models can be frustrating, I know when placing vinyls. This particular one, though gave me no problems when making. VALVOLINE went on flat and tilted - the side stripes are just stretched and skewed simple shapes. I know the tops of fenders can be a problem when blending into the hood sometimes - I have no “ secrets” - I just keep trying to skew the basic shapes and hope to find one I can skew and “ play with” to look right 🤞

Thanks for the comment and good luck with your liveries - they look dang good 👍
sig box
Posted: Monday, July 5, 2021 6:30:09 AM(UTC)
PlageBLN
Great job like usual!

Would you share your trick to make things like the Valvoline on the door or the bend lines on the side appear as clean as they are? As soon as I'm turning something like a writing or a line just the slightest it immediately gets out of shape (staircasing).
Posted: Saturday, July 3, 2021 8:13:09 AM(UTC)
KoolIROCZ1967
1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR sharecode - 124 881 286

aa

aa

aa

aa
sig box
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2021 12:21:26 PM(UTC)
KoolIROCZ1967
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - sharecode 158 038 680

aa

aa

aa

aa

aa

aa
sig box
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2021 9:27:59 AM(UTC)
Griotte88
Great job
Posted: Saturday, June 5, 2021 2:26:10 AM(UTC)
KoolIROCZ1967
1973 Mazda RX-3 sharecode - 124 833 896

aa

aa

aa

aa
sig box
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2021 2:21:36 PM(UTC)
Griotte88
Magnificent achievements !
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 5:07:35 AM(UTC)
KoolIROCZ1967
Thanks Rallyz 👍
sig box
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 5:04:23 AM(UTC)

Notification

Icon
Error