Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify
NightDriver7800
I see. I missed your development of the Charger so I remembered this thread. Sorry for not replying earlier. How's it going?

I enjoy making period-correct builds sometimes, but the rulebook and the cars back then were so varied, with conflicting reports, some on the verge of myth, that it's difficult to determine what's adequate for in-game builds. In homologation itself, you already have to replace the stock tires with street radials most of the time. So you can almost never have a historically-correct car.

One thing I tend to do is add more restrictions on top of Turn 10's. Say, if the top car in its class has adjustable Race suspension, then everyone can have it. Seems to me that racing is more fair this way. One of the flaws in the system is how there's still cars that can be fully built to race-spec in the same division as others that run almost completely stock, even if the latter are capable out of the box (Evo V for example). We remain limited by the PI's arbitrary understanding of a car's performance.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:25:27 PM(UTC)
four cam tbird
Horizon kind of derailed my progress on finishing the replica paints but I will get back to them soon. I've exhausted most of the play ability from FH4 and I'm nearing having all the Tier points from it.

If you look at pics of old NASCARs you will see that they would cut the wheel wells to have bigger opening in some instances and in other instances create some small lip flares on the fenders. From the start of the Ford unibody Fairlanes they ran a hybrid chassis that used the front stub off a Galaxie so there was no issue with rubbing on the inside of the wheel wells. The same chassis would keep getting new bodies as the styling changed every couple of years so there are cars that have history as a 65 Galxie and then a 66/7 Fairlane, a 68 Torino, a 69 Talladega, a 70/1 Torino and so on. The amount of life they were getting out of a chassis was incredible.

Like Days of Thunder said, there's nothing stock about a stock car. Even true in the 60s.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2018 9:04:57 AM(UTC)
NightDriver7800
These old NASCARs ran much wider tires than the street versions. Did they do some fabrication to prevent rubbing with the negative offset wheels?

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2018 6:45:43 PM(UTC)
PTG Ace Ventura
Nice job with all the old Nascar liveries. I hope we get to see that blue Charger complete soon, that one looked really cool!

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:31:14 AM(UTC)
four cam tbird
The organizer of the series really wanted to include a Ford, I really wanted to run a Ford and tried to build the Thunderbolt and the 73 Falcon as an almost Torino. They just didn't work. The Thunderbolt was way slow and would have needed a bunch of extra PI. The Falcon was way fast and would have needed a hard nerf. The series also has a ballast system and both cars would have been difficult to meet the series build specs with ballast. There were a few of us disappointed that none of the Fords worked. It sure would be nice if Turn 10 would give us a Talladega, or any Torino for that matter. Or even a Galaxie. They aren't Mustangs though so Ford probably just blows Turn 10 off on those requests if Turn 10 does actually ask to license them. I've been wishing in vain for a Talladega since the Daytona got added.
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:38:10 AM(UTC)
NightDriver7800
These cars are really fun to race with your designs!

I take it the Fairlane wasn't added to the league because the engine doesn't have many upgrades, right? The Thunderbolt, as the counterpart to the Dart, does not have any weight upgrade other than Race either.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2018 3:50:18 PM(UTC)
four cam tbird
The Johnny Beauchamp inspired 65 GTO is done in two versions. The original normal version is pictured in the OP. And having a little fun with it.

LOL. The original right side up version ended up laying upsdie down in practice last night. Too bad I didn't have this one shared already before that.

This version of the PURE decal is shared both generic and with Pontiac at the top. As I use it with other manufacturers I will probably share it with their names too. The generic version should have the manufacturer of the car in red put on the top. The Air Lift and the early 60's version of the Perfect Circle Piston Rings decal is shared too. Next up is finishing off the Dave Marcis car on the Plymouth, working out the fine details of the numbers now. It's pretty much done after that. Then I will continue working toward completion of all the replicas on the correct cars.
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2018 8:49:57 AM(UTC)
four cam tbird
My replicas keep getting delayed by doing more late adds for paints for the series. Not too late to join if anyone is interested!

On the docket now, we've got a guy with a reputation for being upside down. He's getting a take on Johnny Beuchamp's car that pushed Lee Petty off the top of the Daytona banking in the 1961 Daytona 500. Pretty basic, orange numbers with a black outline on a white car with a few small logos.

That's going to be going on the 65 GTO.

This will be going on the 71 GTX but I'll likely do replica versions on the 68 Charger and the Daytona. Dave Marcis' Number 30.
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:57:07 AM(UTC)
four cam tbird
We thought about trying to use the Falcon in Vintage Stock Car to get a Ford and it is similar to the Torino. But yeah, it is so OP compared to the other cars. Would have needed a hard nerf. Agree that Historic Road Racing is where all the old Falcons best fit.
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 7:15:41 AM(UTC)
NightDriver7800
Never realized how beast the WO23 looks until now.

The division it's in would've been great if they hadn't added the Falcon. IMO the Falcon should've been in Historic Road Racing instead.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 1:17:35 PM(UTC)

Notification

Icon
Error