YAAAAAAAAASSSSS MAX! YAAAAAAAAASSSSS!

:partying_face:

1 Like

You won your first race?

3 Likes

I agree, BBC HYS for the race is already in meltdown.

Mercedes still won the constructors by 28pts, that tells you how much more Verstappen has had to do just to keep pace in the RB let alone become WDC.

1st time since 2013 Merc havenā€™t had the WDC, Iā€™m more than happy to see a change regardless of circumstances.

1 Like

Oh, itā€™s about some real stuff?

Oh, F1? I used to watch that, 20+ years ago.

Iā€™ve never been so emotionally invested in a championship as I was this year.

That was blood, sweat and tears.

Also enjoyed Michael massi telling toto ā€œitā€™s called racingā€ far too much. I need a lie down.

1 Like

The way I see it - that was Massiā€™s obsession with let them race deciding a world championship.

Max is a phenomenal talent but with Lewis 10+ seconds ahead before the incident & Max having a free pit stop with his team mate behind - allowing him to stick on a fresh set of soft tires. Then releasing just the lapped cars between them, before the restart for a 1 lap sprint finish with Lewis on hard tires that have done most of the race & Max on fresh soft tires - it wasnā€™t much of a race but no doubt great TV.

2 Likes

Well all that may be true but Verstappenā€™s the only reason this wasnā€™t yet another comfortable, rarely troubled stroll of a season to a world title for Hamilton, Bottas was nowhere near and the other cars are so far off the Mercedes that only somebody getting close to the absolute maximum out of one of them for the entire season would even get close to challenging Hamilton.

Even if heā€™d lost it Verstappenā€™s still driven a lot better than Hamilton this season in terms of how much theyā€™ve got out of their respective cars, if they both drove at the same standard the RB would get nowhere near the Mercedes, I mean just look at the teamā€™s 2nd drivers, Perez is a good driver but finished 36pts behind Bottas despite Bottas retiring from 4 races compared to his 2.

That Mercedes is still in a different league to the rest of the field, I only see Verstappenā€™s time as WDC being short-lived before business as usual returns next season.

1 Like

Itā€™s rather disconcerting Iā€™ve seen better officiating and racing right here on this very game than I have out of Red Bull and the FIA.

What an absolute mess. Race Control needs to get cleaned out before 2022.

2 Likes

If it werenā€™t for Chain Bear randomly showing up in my recommendations years ago on topics applicable to Forza, I would have no idea what youā€™re talking about.

@Gilles

Hands down Max is an exciting new talent and reminds me of Lewis back in the day.

The RB car was faster in testing and has proved to be faster at a number of tracks, Merc have done a good job of developing the car to the point where it appeared they were at least level with the RB if not slightly ahead.

Perez has done a decent job compared to Maxā€™s other team mates, Bottas has been solid but not challenging really at any stage.

Max has had a lot more ā€˜incidentsā€™ of a dubious nature than Hamilton, who has often chosen to avoid contact with his rival, whereas Max appears to have been happy to take the contact at times - but then he was ahead on points and wins if neither of them score he wins.

I know I was just looking at it from a whole season perspective, regardless of the incidents I believe if Verstappen hadnā€™t driven at such a consistently high level todayā€™s race would have been a dead rubber as Hamilton would have won it races ago.

We obviously have differing opinions but I just think if the Mercedes + RB were that closely matched then Perez-Bottas would not necessarily have been as tight as Max and Lewis but it would have been much closer, 36pts despite retiring 2 times more is a huge gap to beat somebody by and I donā€™t think Bottas is that superior to Perez that that is all down to him alone.

Since the start of FH4, Iā€™ve found the fact that the AI consistently dive bombs down the inside and brakes in the corner to block you off irritating but now Iā€™ve realised it was just realistically based on Verstappenā€™s driving style. Kudos to the devs for getting it so accurate :+1:.

3 Likes

SPOILER.
Thx. Nice.

1 Like

@ Sfumato - itā€™s not over yet as Merc have a couple of protests in.

Iā€™m totally cool with Max winning, just seemed a totally unfair way to win it. Whether thatā€™s down to race control or the stewards or the inconsistency weā€™ve seen throughout this season in decisions - I think the drivers (as well as us) want to know what the rules are and that they should be applied fairly across the year.

This is really a post that should live in another area of the forum, so will sign off on that note.

Verstappen is a superior driver to Hamilton.

He has Hamiltonā€™s skill, but an even bigger obsession with winning.

I suspect Hamilton has finally found his matchā€¦ If both were at Mercedes, Max would overwhelm Lewis.

Interesting that Max was lucky when Alonso wasnā€™t. Same race, but one got stuck behind Petrov and the other benefitted from Latifiā€™s timely crash.

2 Likes

What was it Alain Prost said about Ayrton Senna?

ā€œSenna has one small problem: he thinks he canā€™t kill himself.ā€

Really, between Verstappenā€™s ā€œdrivingā€ and Race Control being largely unwilling to put a stop to that nonsense, this season - which was the first I seriously followed in a long time - will be the last I seriously follow for a long time. This weekend shouldnā€™t even have been a thing after last weekend, when he decided that brake-checking was an acceptable tactic. If Formula 1 wants to debase themselves by being NASCAR with tuxedos and martinis, then Iā€™m just going to stick with sportscars and IndyCar.

1 Like

Max did not brake check Lewis.

However, he did, hmmmā€¦ move a little too much to the left.

1 Like

Jackie Stewart getting battered with downvotes on the BBC text updates tells you all you need to know about how most of my fellow Brits get when it comes to sport, even though most of them are probably just plastic fans who donā€™t even know a handful of the other drivers + only ā€˜followā€™ F1 because a Brit has been dominating it for years.

Us British love nothing more than a bandwagon that provides reflected glory and we canā€™t bear to see or hear anything that says it isnā€™t as perfect as we think it is.

1 Like

I thought you were cheering for ManteoMax after he repaired some Forza glitches.

2 Likes