Xbox Games Showcase Trailer Discussion

For anyone who’s seen the trailer so far, what are your thoughts? I’d be interested to see public opinion.

Personally, I’m overall not too impressed. Yes, the graphics look great. However, I’d have liked to see more than two locations (being the inside of a garage and literally one corner of one track, like how many shots of the Corkscrew can you ram into one trailer?), and more than 5 cars, none of which are new to Forza, and 2 of which are the same outdated racecars we’ve had for years now. Also I really hope you haven’t taken the Project Cars route of plastering fake branding (e.g. Prorata tyre writing, fake Michelin man, etc) everywhere. I get that it’s early in development, but for anyone interested in anything other than graphics, it’s a pretty underwhelming reveal.

(note: feel free to merge this with another thread if I’m late to the party and someone’s beaten me to a discussion thread)

It’s sad…

I like the tease we got… Window stickers? what seems to be a more active garage? Graphics on Laguna Seca look crazy cool.

And 60 FPS like Motorsport 7? Somebody else will steal racing fans I guess.

It’s basically just them saying “don’t worry this game is coming.” There’s pretty much nothing to glean from it for better or worse. The big takeaway is that the game is still a while out because they’re not ready to give us anything more than a teaser.

1 Like

It’s basically just them saying “don’t worry this game is coming.” There’s pretty much nothing to glean from it for better or worse. The big takeaway is that the game is still a while out because they’re not ready to give us anything more than a teaser.

I was hoping to see more, can’t lie. But at least it is coming, I’m still excited just a little less excited than I was.

2 Likes

Now I know how Playstation gamers feel when you have to wait a long time for a new racing game. When they show only an in-engine cinema I am wondering if we will see a new FM8 before the end of 2022. What have they done the last years since FM7 was released?

3 Likes

I don’t care what they say about everything working for xbox one/family too, it’s going to run poor and the load times are going to be abysmal on the og one, they already are. No way in hell would i play that version lol

Considering they have been working on this so long i hope they show a lot more soon!

Living the high life on our money?

No number suggests some service type game? What should we play until then? Will have M7 cool upgrades like H4?

If that’s the case, then I’m probably done with FM, but I think they just want to restart the franchise and go back to the roots (or at least that is what they should do, in my opinion). Halo and Fable also have no number in their title.

That would be nice but I don’t think that’s the case. On the other hand you need to prepare much better game than before. GTS doesn’t have career like M7 and is probably better in almost everything. With a career it will be pretty hard competition. I can’t imagine playing something like M7 if improved GT6 would be out.

After all it looks like the best racing times were on current gen. So many good games like Dirt rally 2, Horizon series, Gran turismo sport, Project cars, Assetto corsa. Crazy good.

I was expecting Forza to be a launch title, the last Motorsport game was 3 years ago. That being said the new trailer had good graphics, and I am no longer expecting to see it this year. I find it a little weird they didn’t go for Forza Motorsport 8 as the title, could this possibly be hinting at a change in direction for the franchise, maybe we will see a more progression based single player mode. Unless we get an expansion for Horizon 4 I probably won’t bother installing it on the Series X, at this point I am just hopping on once a week to get the new exclusive car then switching to other games.

Other games that I am looking forward to from the showcase are Halo and Fable. Everwild, Avowed, The Gunk and Crossfire X all looked interesting but I want to see/learn more before committing to a buy. I am still holding out for Flight Simulator to come to Xbox. I still haven’t made the switch to digital games, so the fact that they are all coming to game pass doesn’t interest me.

1 Like

IKR! 2017 was Turn 10’s last game… and this is just starting development now… umm wtf?

Three years of development and this is all they have to show for it. I couldn’t be more disappointed =/

‘It’s still in the early stages of development’

Excuse me HOW

You’ve had so much time how can it still be in ‘early stages’. I’d expect that from a new studio announcing a new IP but not Turn 10 on their eighth iteration in the series. C’mon.

5 Likes

So it looks like this won’t be for anything but series x and crazy powerful PC’s so that would mean it’s not coming out until super late 2021 or 22 if they are keeping to their year no exclusives thing.

if that’s true that’s a major bummer… I thought this game was almost done? I know they were rumors but damn

1 Like

baffles me that all the tire lettering is unlicensed considering they got toyo r888r’s, michelin pilot sport gt slicks, and bf goodrich rc02 rallycross tires all in horizon 4. lack of multimatic branding on the prototype’s shocks compounds onto this. also, why the old mazda lmp2 when they have the rt24-p and an imsa partnership right there??

2 Likes