[Xbox] Forza Motorsport 7 Locking Me In-game

For the past few days, my digital copy of Forza Motorsport 7 has been locking me inside the game. I cannot enter the Xbox One home screen or even turn the console off through the menu. Basically, what happens is that when I go to leave the game by pressing the Xbox symbol button on my controller, nothing happens. The screen does not change at all. I can still access all the aspects of the game; however, I am unable to leave and enter the home screen. If I press the Xbox symbol button on the controller, the side menu does not appear. If I hold down the Xbox symbol button on the controller, the “Turn off Console” and “Turn off Controller” tab does appear, but does not work. If I try to select one of the two options, my console acts as if it is still trying to select an option in the game. I know this because I can see the icons for the various options in the game being lit up in the background as if I was hovering over them.

Thus far, the only way I have been able to “fix” the problem is to manually restart my console (manually turn off and back on). This has only worked temporarily though and does not appear to change the problem in any later instances.

The only “steps” I have taken before this issue occurs would be opening and closing apps that I have or running them in the background (Example: YouTube, Twitch, Amazon Video, etc.).

The only “accessories” I use are my two external hard drives. I have stored most of my games on one of them which is currently filled to 70% of its capacity (a 1TB hard drive). The other has only a handful of games stored on it which includes Forza Motorsport 7 (a 2TB hard drive).

This problem has never occurred in any other game that I have, digital or otherwise, so I do not believe that this issue is directly related with my Xbox. It is more likely to me that the issue is related to Forza Motorsport 7 since the problem only occurs when I try to leave said game.

When was the last time you properly powercycled your console…including pulling out the power cable from the wall
Should be at least doing a full shutdown about once a week…especially with all the updates being done

It hasn’t been too long since I have power-cycled my console. I live down in Florida, so we get storms all the time which forces me to unplug a lot of my electronics. I also get power surges quite often, though I have a surge protector, and that usually forces a restart anyway. I’m still not quite sure whether this is a problem associated with Forza Motorsport 7 or my Xbox One. If you have any idea as to what the problem may be caused by, I would be delighted to hear it.

Thank you for the reply.