XBOX Forza 7 won't load after update

Hello,

I’ve been playing Forza Motorsport 7 since it came out. I’m a fairly regular player, I try to get at least a few races in a week, but sometimes a LOT more. I have completed all the Championship races in first place, and I have most of the cars I want. I have years into this. My son says I’m a completionist. I do not want to lose my progress and purchased items.

I performed the July update and now I can’t get the game to load.

I get the screen with the Porsche.

I get the Turn 10/Microsoft studios logo with music and car sounds.

Sometimes I get to the Syncing Data for Motorsport 7 screen but not always.

1 out of 10 times I get to the screen with the driver walking to the Porsche.

And that’s as far as it gets. I get a glitch sound and the XBox returns to the main menu.

I’ve tried a cold restart, holding the power button down, then unplugging for at least a minute several times. I’ve also just tried to restart the game 30+ times, as that was the advice given on a different thread, to no avail.

Help! Please advise.

Could try deleting save from console only, not everywhere. Then see if it’ll resync to the cloud.

1 Like

OK, super NOOB question…would that info have saved automatically to the cloud?

I literally turn the console on, race, then turn it off. I don’t use it for anything else, and I haven’t really explored what the XBox can do.

Thanks for your help.

If you turn your console on, and it’s connected to internet, then yes, the game syncs the data to the cloud.

If it’s the only thing you play fm7 on, you might not see syncing at the Porsche screen as your console and cloud sync throughout game play.

If you’ve got slow internet and you quit the game abruptly, there’s a good chance it won’t save in time.

That did the trick. I uninstalled the game, left the console unplugged for a while, then reinstalled the game. It seems to be working just fine now.

Thank you for your patience and advice.

1 Like