Winter #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through October 17

Just an awful choice for trial, snow in the dark in S2 with buildings sticking out into the road. Yea awesome. Done but I was useless. Last week was S2 as well. Enough.

4 Likes

I thought I was the only one who thought this.

What I hate is having the long tracks like Marathon as part of the seasonal events, Not everybody likes or wants to spend the time running a race that takes that long to run, I mean it may be fine for those people that have the steering wheels and foot pedals to play with, But using the game pad without being able to take a break (especially on an S2 race) can really take a toll on ones hands,
Marathon and the other long tracks were ok to run ONCE!, And I know that there’s some people out there that like running them, But that doesn’t apply to everyone, Some people don’t like them, So why force those of us that don’t like them to run them if we want to finish the seasonal events?

Bizarrely, despite knowing most tracks off by heart, I have absolutely no recollection of the Holyrood street race in the trial! Managed to take a wrong turn halfway through on my first attempt!

Decent trial I thought. I used the Sesto (slowbakedpanda’s tune) but note it’s set up for snow. That’s probably not needed for races 1 and 2, neither of which have snow on the road, so race tyres probably work. Did enable me to win the Marathon by over 30 seconds both attempts though. Will try again with other options - doubt the Sesto is quickest but thought I’d try something I rarely drive.

S2 STREET RACES SHOULD BE BANNED!

No fun at all for the average player as it’s just a ram-fest between team mates in the early stages, which then leads to any slight chance of winning being instantly wiped out completely.

How come the entire drivatar team always start up front? Should the field not be staggered for fairness?

How come there is always the odd AI traffic coming in the opposite direction right on the driving line mid-bend?

…and don’t even mention the impossible physics the Drivatars can conjure up and the way they can avoid a pile-up with AI traffic when humans cannot!

Over 10 attempts now!

The best position I’ve personally achieved overall is 4th (1st of my team) and I’ve not been on a single team where any of my team have come 1st.

There is something very wrong with this weeks trial!

I have never been so stressed and swore at the TV in months! Seriously, do the developers love messing with people’s stress levels/mental well-being?

4 Likes

May not help but, if you still haven’t found a decent team, feel free to convoy me in so that you have a (hopefully) semi-competent teammate.

3 Likes

Cheers Jezza

I’m not brilliant myself to be honest, but finally managed it after over 2.5hr and 20+ failed attempts.

Won first round, then lost second round, but reckon a couple of players quit just before the end as the team I was on was awarded the win, so 2-0.

The Marathon was a PITA and I ended up coming 3rd, with drivatars 1st and 2nd, but it didn’t matter at this point.

Still hated the stoooopid Trial event though!

This is one I will not be re-doing to help others due the massive failure rate!

2 Likes

I’m sure PGG can track the success rate on Trials, I’d be really interested to know just what the overall rate was on this Trial. I ended up begging the person in last place to quit on the Marathon so that the rest of the team could win.

1 Like

What really gets me about having a street race as part of the seasonal events is, in the fiction of the game, street races are supposed to be this unsanctioned underground side scene that’s not part of the festival, and that Kira pretends not to know about. But whenever they put them up as a seasonal, it’s Kira giving the voice over. Isn’t she supposed to be turning a blind eye to these?

I believe they skip the voice over for the Trial anyway, but where it’s also supposed to be a sanctioned Horizon championship, (again, within the fiction of the game) why does it include street races at all?

I know I’m overthinking this, but I’m bored at work between cases, and since we’re talking about it anyway…

2 Likes

Thank you buddy!

I’ll be doing the trial when I get home but Holyrood is one of the trickiest of all the street races. Going up through the mountains is where your memory will be tested lol

1 Like

Tips & Miscellany

The Trial

1. Holyrood Run
  2. Ashbrook Apex
  3. The Marathon

PSA: Don’t push too hard to about 90 degree left in Ashbrook Apex! It can result team pileups which may be difficult to recover from because passing Drivatars on later uphill section can be difficult.

Used upgraded and tuned Lamborghini Centenario. Got this on first try. We were just four against Drivatar team which helped a lot. Good team too, won only the Marathon on this round.

Edit: Made a new tune with rear wing and The Trial suddenly got very easy. I’m not much a tuner but won Marathon with 10 - 15 seconds. I think it’s okay. Tune shared, higher PI one.

Redundant */ Did this couple of more times with same car with uneven success. Car is good for Holyrood Run and The Marathon, though it’s not good to push it too hard on last leg because I didn’t put rear wing in it. Tune shared. */

Playground Games: Did this with upgraded Ford F-100 truck. Won first round. Tune shared.

PR Stunts: Bugatti Veyron SS X, except for Speed Zone where I used Hoonigan RS200 S2

Championships done on Unbeatable difficulty, braking line on, normal clutch.

Championship: Like a Boss
Used same upgraded and tuned Centenario as in Trial. It was actually surprisingly easy. Ambleside Ascent was the only one where I finished second instead of first.

Routes are: Ambleside Ascent, Mortimer’s Pass and The Highland Charge

Recommended car: AWD Lambos.

Championship: Down Under

Used stock HSV Gen-F GTS and boy was I in trouble at times. I was only able to win Beach View Cross Country, but got enough points from other races to win the champinship. Must get back to this.

EDIT: Gave this ago with HSV Gen-F GTS and HSV Maloo stock. Maloo turned out to be really bad, I wasn’t able to win single event with it against Unbeatable. Gave this yet another try with HSV Gen-F GTS and managed to win all the races vs. Unbeatable, but man that it was tough!

If someone wants to use stock, choises are between bad and terrible. Take Gen-G GTS and it should work well enough against Highly Skilled Drivatars.

Routes: Astmoor Rally Trail, Beach View Cross Country and Lakehurst Scramble

Recommended car: Lower class Aussie car, especially Holden Torana AWD swapped and otherwise upgraded to A-class would make a good runner for this.

Championship: Midnight Battle

Took stock Lotus Elise GT1 on this and won every race without much of hussle. Bentley Continental FE can be tough competitor tough, as it’s AWD.

Routes: Otleydale Dash, Lakehurst Rush, Wind Farm Rush.

Recommended car: Lotus Elise GT1, Bentley Continental FE

Weekly #Forzathon Challenge:
Did these with same Lambo Centenario using the same tune as in Trial and Like a Boss championship.
Edit: I totally forgot. I found Lakehurst Copse Circuit and Astmoor Heritage circuit easy to achieve two Road Circuit wins.

I only liked Midnight Battle on this Playlist and Trial is interesting, but in general this high class events are not really my cup of tea. I only really liked the Marathon but even that’s hit or miss depending of your team mates.

I own the Centanario but it is not being acknowledged in the Festival Playlist. Anyone else with this problem?

Have you upgraded it so that’s it not appropriate class, S2?

Made new tune with rear wing and Trial suddenly got very easy. Shared.

it’s the right class. :slight_smile: After a few restarts of the console it came right.

Yes, also having this problem. Bought it last night before the season changed.

Trials are officially full of stupid and ZERO teamwork players, they can’t drive anything, even AWD cars

Forza players represents the worst of the worst of all time history of any game players ever

simply the worst!

15 attempts to win, S2 998 in winter is another stupid idea from devs again…

for god sake!

15, ouch I feel your pain. It is a bad feeling being so helplessly at the mercy of other players, most of whom are (let’s be kind) clueless.

Had 8 goes at the trial so far - 6:2 win to loss record. I’d recommend either:

Aventador 2016: ricarmaia “ez season winter” tune - This car has awesome launch/acceleration which is very helpful to get to the front and out of trouble. I won all three races very easily in it. Does require some care on Marathon though, as even with snow tyres it’s still very prone to drifting.

Centanario 2016: monkzera “winter god Trial” tune - very good grip in the snow so awesome on Marathon. Slightly lacks the Aventador’s launch and so a bit more need to fight through the field on the other courses but still a very quick car with decent handling.

Adding the Sesto (AvazEZ Snow Grip 358kph tune) to my recommendations. Absolutely insane grip on the Marathon. Ran it in about 6.32 despite being held up quite a bit at the start.

I did the trial in a Sesto (966) /snow tyres
Came in 2nd twice to another guy running a Sesto (998) … so it was an easy-ish Trial… would have done better in the 3rd race had i not hit a bank an rolled the car having been nerfed by a team mate … 7th wasn’t bad even so
The AI did some really odd things in this event … teleporting …crashing where they really shouldn’t

The Track Toy race I used a Cayman GT4 with AWD /Snow tyres …saved tune if anyone is interested - it’s nothing fancy however it absolutely obliterated the Drivertards - Very easy win
Te BMW was the only car that I really wanted out of all on offer this week (plus the F150 for 50%)

The Speed Zone - used that new VW ID thing (X999) … a new use for it! Actually worked surprisingly well

Took a couple of attempts at the jump , did that in veyron … the key for me was cutting the corner but avoiding the hidden rocks & approaching the ramp at an angle