Winter #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through January 9

WINTER | SERIES 17

Starts January 2 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the third season of Series 17.

Next change: January 9 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP

• Free Car: 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera (previously released Exclusive model)
  • 450 FP Car: 2019 Porsche Macan Turbo (previously released Exclusive model)
  • Clothing: Golden Tash
  • Car Horn: Windows XP Shutdown
    Wheelspins cost 50 & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS

• 50% Winter Completion: 2018 Renault Megane R.S. (newly released Exclusive model)
  • 80% Winter Completion: Classic Race Suit
  • 50% Series 17 Completion: 2017 Alpine A110 (newly released Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 17 Completion: 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge.

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.

• Own and drive the 1958 Austin-Healey Sprite MkI
  • Earn 5 Drafting Skills while racing your A-H Sprite MkI
  • Drive your A-H Sprite MkI for a 10-mile drive
  • Score a total of 6 stars from Speed Zones with your A-H Sprite MkI

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day. See Skills list.

• Earn 2 Awesome Skill Chains
  • Combine Drafting and Pass Skills to earn 3 Slingshot Skills
  • Earn 9 stars in total from PR Stunts
  • Complete a Drag Strip event
  • Win a Dirt Scramble event
  • Earn 3 Binman Skills
  • Earn 1 Kangaroo Skill

SEASONAL EVENTS

Championship Rewards include the named item for placing 1st against Highly Skilled Drivatars, plus additional CR rewards.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: “New Year New Me” | Cross Country | (A800) Offroad

• Reward: 2014 Terradyne Gurkha (previously released Exclusive model)

Seasonal Playground Games | Muidkickers’ | (C600) Retro Hot Hatch

• Reward: Shark Wellies

PR Stunt: Northbound Danger Sign | 725.1 feet

• Reward: Super Wheelspin

PR Stunt: Aerodrome Speed Trap | 200.0 mph

PR Stunt: Lakeshore Speed Zone | 97.0 mph

Championship: “Less is Moor” | Road Racing | (A800) GT Cars

• Reward: Mercedes-Benz SL65 FE (previously released Exclusive model)

Championship: “Renault Championship” | Road Racing | (B700) Renault cars

Championship: “Lakehurst Hogmanay” | Dirt Racing | (B700) Modern Rally

• Reward: 2005 Lotus Elise 111S (previously released Exclusive model)

Winter also means the lake drag strip is available.

Monthly Events

• Monthly Rivals: Ford RS200 at Railyard Cross Country Circuit
  • Online Adventure
    Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist.

4 Likes

That danger sign is proving tricky in the winter so far, can’t get much more than 700 ft.

edit - I did it after a few more tries.

Which one is it? Is it the one over the freeway? That one proved tricky in Winter last time it was up as a seasonal. But it was eventually possible.

1 Like

Yep that’s the one… tricky because no matter how much speed you get, the bumps and slope saps it at the last moment. I like it when they’re a bit of a challenge though.

This danger sign was tricky but the route in this video is probably the best. Driving straight on doesn’t work well because you lose too much speed when in the air after crossing the road just before the sign.

Trial is Gardens, Coastal Rush and Titan, so set aside a bit of time for it. Should be simple enough though as it’s off-road, so the likes of the 17 Raptor, MB X Class and Ranger Raptor are all available and any decent A class tune used for ranked should do the job.

They seem to love using this danger sign in Winter, when it is very difficult. Will have a go at it now.

Managed it third go in the Mosler. From memory,it’s best to hit it at an angle - although I largely relied on pure speed to get it - keeping the Mosler pointing straight is hard work on the snow though!

Speed zone is relatively easy in an S2 class Hoonigan RS200 - best to start the end nearest Derwentwater Trail though, so you can start on the straight (the other end has a couple of tight corners immediately you enter the zone).

1 Like

If the danger sign is the one I’m thinking of, I normally go up to the field and head straight for it but in winter it’s best to hit it from the road to the right. Still takes a few attempts to line it up perfectly.

That Northbound danger sign in winter? I can see people complaining about it, but I smashed it at 230,8 meters. After 20 tries or so.

It’s easy with the “Ferarri 599XX E”.

New PB, with 858.39ft (261.6 meters).

Drove at the jump from angle rather than straight towards it.

3 Likes

[Mod Edit - please take the metric vs imperial debate elsewhere - MM]

1 Like

I set a new PB at 279M, starting from the right side of the old tree on the hill, oh yes, that would be around 915’.

5 Likes

1 Like

Difficult trial, 3rd try was the charm. Easy to miss check points, aggressive cannot drive X country team. Car flips on first track same spot every time near the end. Two 2nd and would have won the last if I didn’t take the jump. Here is my advice if you are not good and cross country, and you know who you are stay out of peoples way and don’t try to mess them up. Glad I played Storm Island on H2 for a year.

1 Like

Lost the first three attempts due to quitters.

Got on fourth try, but there was something wrong with the AI.

Drivertars in “MB 65 AMG” where skidding left and right all over the place making it impossible to pass and they glitching in and out of the game.

1 Like

Oh cool. Free Aston Martin DBS Superleggera this week.

The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera has a 200K CR perk in its mastery tree.

The danger sign is a bit tricky. I usually start at the top of a hill next to a single tree on its own. I was in a Mosler for the speed trap so I tried that first. Didn’t quite make it so tried a Hoonigan RS200 and got it after a few rewinds. I got the best results choosing a line of approach which reduced to a minimum the amount of air during the approach to the danger sign.

The Mercedes-Benz SL65 FE from Championship 1 has a 300K CR perk in its mastery tree and I’m looking forward to:

2016 Renault Clio R.S. Concept 16
2018 Renault Megane R.S
2017 Alpine A110

1 Like

I don’t know how I got 56% just doing the regular races? Usually I have to do the stunts too.