Winter #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through February 6

WINTER | SERIES 18

Starts January 30 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the third season of Series 18.

Next change: February 6 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP

• 600FP Car: 1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 400FP Car: 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion
  • Emote: The Robot
  • Car Horn: Guitar Riff
    Wheelspins cost 40 & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS

• 50% Winter Completion: 1964 Porsche 356 C Cabriolet Emory Special (newly released Exclusive model)
  • 80% Winter Completion: 1965 Pontiac GTO (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 50% Series 18 Completion: 2004 Maserati MC12 FE (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 18 Completion: 2019 Rimac C_Two (previously available Exclusive model)

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge.

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.

• Own and drive 1987 Porsche 959
  • Win 3 Dirt Trail events in your Porsche 959
  • Win 2 Street Scene events in your Porsche 959
  • Earn 10 Ultimate Near Miss Skills in your Porsche 959

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day. See Skills list.

• Earn 3 Wreckage Skills
  • Closely overtake while racing to earn 2 Great Pass Skills
  • Earn 3 Landscaping Skills
  • Earn 2 Speed Skills
  • Earn 1 Great Near Miss Skill
  • Earn 1 Ultimate Drift or E-Drift Skill
  • Combine Air and Wreckage Skills to earn 3 Crash Landing Skills

SEASONAL EVENTS

Championship Rewards include the named item for placing 1st against Highly Skilled Drivatars, plus additional CR rewards.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: “Back in Time” | Dirt Racing | (A800) Porsche, 50s-80s

• Reward: 1960 Porsche 718 RS 60

Seasonal Playground Games | Mortimer Gardens | (B700) Modern Rally

• Reward: 1970 Porsche 914/6 (previously available Exclusive model)

PR Stunt: Reservoir Ridge Danger Sign | 656.2 feet

• Reward: Super Wheelspin

PR Stunt: M68 Speed Trap | 270.0 mph

PR Stunt: Johnston Terrace Speed Zone | 145.0 mph

Championship: “Dirt Cheap” | Dirt Racing | (C600) Reasonably Priced Cars

• Reward: 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR

Championship: “Potent Porsches” | Street Scene | (S2 998) Porsche models

• Reward: 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (previously available Exclusive model)

Championship: “The Truck Stops Here” | Dirt Racing | (B700) Trucks

• Reward: Jazzy Cowboy Hat

Monthly Events

• Monthly Rivals: Toyota Supra RZ at Horizon Festival Circuit
  • Online Adventure
    Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist.

Winter also means the lake drag strip is now available.

3 Likes

Winter! The best season in the game! Yaaaaaaayyyyy!

3 Likes

Said nobody ever :stuck_out_tongue:

(Already lost my first head-to-head due to snow in Eliminator earlier when my Mini struggled to crawl up a snow-covered slope. Roll on next week :p)

1 Like

I like winter - IRL and in the Game … :slight_smile:

Anyone know what class the Trial is?

Porsche 50-80s A800

I used the #185 959 Prodrive Rally Raid with a few parts slapped on. It did really well.

Ah, a DLC car. Public Service Announcement - do not use the standard 959, it is terrible for this Trial. So far I’ve tried the 550 and 944, both are fine and did the same time for race 3. The standard 959 was 19 seconds slower. My tunes for the 550 and 944 are shared as “BackInTime Trial”.

Edit: Okay, just did it again with my friend trying my 550 tune. I’d say the 550 is better than the 944, I did race 3 a couple of seconds quicker this time. He was 2nd to me in all 3 races, and no drivatar or other human finished within the 30 second timeout in race 3, in a race lasting just over 3 minutes!

1 Like

Amazingly, as much as I dislike winter driving in both 1:1 scale as well as in Horizon, up to this point I somehow have been able to complete the winter tasks at least as fast if not faster than any other season. We will see what tonight brings.

1 Like

I found the Porsche street event really hard, and it took me about 12 attempts on the first race. The truck race was OK. Haven’t looked at the other race yet, because gameplay is running into hours.

1 Like

I found the first two races relatively easy, using the “2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS Pre Order Car”, with my own cobbled together tune, without resorting to a single rewind.

The last race though, the front runner, which was a “2015 Macan Turbo” IIRC, was way too fast and when I hit a bridge whilst in well into the race whilst in 2nd, found out I had the “No Rewind” bug, so had not option to quit as I was in at least 10th in seconds.

Not sure if I needed to do this, but quit the race, went into settings turn rewind off, drove a little and then and then turned rewind back on again before re-starting the final race and it started working again.

Same thing happened on the “C600 Reasonably Priced Cars” event too.

That little “1974 Honda Civic RS” is a wee beast for that event".

Used my own tune, which I unfortunately unshared after running out of space again.

Yeah, blitzed that with my cobbled together MB Tankpool tune.

Trial, PG and a few stunts left to do.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, AquaPainter168

That Porsche championship, and truck championship? Didn’t we have them before? I remember them being very difficult. I’ll definitely finish them at Highly Skilled difficulty.

Nailed the trial on the first try with a 959, the car does great as long as you keep it in boost. Every member of the team was out front and raced like a team. I doubt that will ever happen again with randoms.

1 Like

For the rewind bug, always play Horizon solo.

For rewind bug, never activate rewind…lol.

Why do you guys even use it?

Rewind is very useful in either ranked/trial races if you miss/are pushed around a checkpoint. It’s far quicker than waiting for the game to reset you.

It’s also very useful in Rivals - either if you mess up an early corner in a lap (rewinding to the previous lap saves you having to do the whole lap again) and to allow you to practice particular corners.

1 Like

Maybe? But it means that you activated before those events expecting to use it, and if you didn’t activate it you might try harder not to miss the checkpoints. when I do a trial I don’t overtake an Ai near a checkpoint on the outside. I think that mastering the game means turning of the Rewind just so that your brain doesn’t take the easy option.

There’s mastering it but there’s also avoiding tedious replaying of whole events just because you slightly missed a flag by a millimetre.

I sometimes turn on rewind for seasonal offline races so I can go fast and switch off and not worry about one little error meaning redoing the whole race, which is boring.

…and the boredom punishes you into trying harder, I’m afraid that’s how the brain works… the good with the bad.

Agree that’s the case in single player as you have a get out of jail free card all the time. However, missing a checkpoint multiplayer probably costs 5-7 seconds even with efficient use of rewind (compared to 15 seconds plus without rewind). It’s still highly damaging in these relatively short races.