Winter #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through February 4

I did the speed zone & speed trap in the Ferrari 599XX Evolution.
A bit of messing about with different cars for the jump, but ended up settling on the Rimac Concept Two.
I put a setup on it with snow tyres & once I managed to hit the jump right without clipping the wall (a few rewinds needed) I got the required distance.
The trial this week is possibly the easiest one that I’ve ever done. The player team dominated all 3 races.
The Games quickly became a participation only event - The team that I was on lost king, then lost survivor, before getting totally creamed on flag (something like 18-0) !!

Well here we go again and yay for winter and snow :slight_smile:
Lets start with trial, I did test two options Renault Clio Williams on street tires and Ford Fiesta XR2 on snow tires, since there is not much of actual dirt to be raced on, I wanted to see how this affects my times and surprisingly I managed to be faster with Fiesta on second and third stage, and just a bit slower on first, so Fiesta it was
Trial went very well with only 3 players (one in stock car), I got 3x 1st, even though I missed a checkpoint on first stage. Team easily got 3:0
Ford Fiesta XR2, tune - 132 163 841
Renault Clio Williams, tune - 154 252 207

So online aspect out of the way, lets get to solo championships and lets start with some S1 900 street racing with Dodges. Although its winter, there is only a bit of snow on road on first race, so no real need for snow tires.
Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR, tune - 972 672 962 (tune with snow tires is also shared - 185 778 532)

Next on the list was A 800 dirt racing with vans and utility’s. I simply went for my El Camino and put snow tires on :slight_smile:
Chevrolet El Camino, tune - 367 151 219

Last on my list was A 800 cross country racing with Jeeps, I have few tuned, but I prefer the Wrangler DD
Jeep Wrangler DD, tune - 756 246 482
Jeep Trailcat, tune - 877 210 367

There are also other cars that I tuned and fit in those categories, feel free to try them.

Now to PR stunts and all of them I had to do two runs to get it right, same cars as always though: Koenigsegg Agera RS, tune - 167 849 655 for danger sign and speed trap, speed zone done with McLaren Senna, tune - 176 256 116.

Weekly Forzathon car is Porsche 911 Carrera RS, I tuned it to road A 800 - 113 182 794, starting with easiest speed zone Forrest Green to do 4 passes, continued with custom short road blueprint at Derwent Reservoir Sprint, code - 941 043 519, finished again with custom short dirt blueprint at Derwent Water Trail, code - 764 612 023.

To finish it all as always with a pic and this one went bad, as I pushed enter at wrong moment, but here it is:

PS
Super 7 challange card reward this week is Toyota 2000 GT

2 Likes

For the 08 Viper, I’d have thought dirt/snow tyres are quicker for sprints even if there is no snow. The top builds for that generally use dirt tyres to fit in extra power.

Really enjoyed this weeks events, though the Jeep one did irk me a bit (how exactly does a low-slung SUV go quicker through deep snow than a Trailcat???)

Trial: DId that one with a Scirocco I had tuned for something before…we won 2-1 as won first 2 events and half the team didn’t try in the final race. Won all 3 races myself…the car has good power-to-weight at that level

Dodge: I used the old Dodge box that looks like a demolition derby car. Has good acceleration and handling

Vans and Utility: Went for my Morris Traveller as it is my go-to for V&U races…easy enough

Jeep: Went with the Trailcat as I like it…no major issues with it except the SUV in the first race

Sppeed zone and speed trap was with a standard X class 599 Evo; jump was with an offroad/snow tuned 599 Evo

The Trial - I had a Fiesta tuned up for the PGG event last week so I figured why not? Well, it is a little light on the top end…but it has great pick up and good handling. Easily got out front, was able to stay there well enough, and was good through the gravel. The long uphill climb on the last run was its undoing and it placed second to a Golf, otherwise took 1st place handily. Just barely won the events due to three of our crew earning almost no points through the entire thing. One player had a higher star rating than me. So like what gives?
1981 Ford Fiesta XR2 Tune: C Class PGG

PGG - I was concerned with rollover but this seemed to be a pretty stable vehicle. I was right. The stance and those wide tires kept it going even on off-angle landings. Had good pursuit, good maneuverability, and never got tagged in Zombie or King.
2013 X-Raid Mini All4 Countryman Tune: 182 485 923

Domesticated - I was thinking of running the Challenger but the Dart had the same engine and 800 lbs less weight. On a snow track, I’ll take the lighter car, thank you. Kept the stock engine, just upgraded and AWD. It’s fast. Easily takes to the front but is a little tender in the turns. Kicked up the downforce a bit. The last track was the only tough one because of all the 90-degree turns but still eventually caught the leader and passed. It’s a fun ride, going to make a dry-weather version as well.
1968 Dodge Dart Hemi Tune: Snow dart

A Van - I feel like this is cheating a little. The Mini-Traveller is actually a good dirt track car on its own right, never mind run up against vans and such. I know there are Elkys, and Psyclones…but still. It just tore. At Unbeatable. it won each track by 6-11 seconds over 2nd place. I’m going to come back with a Vandura and a Transit and see what I can get them to do. Then maybe a Typhoon for giggles lol.
1965 Morris Mini-Traveller Tune: 119 804 603

Jeep - So I wanted to run something other than the Trailcat. And I’m glad,considering all the other Trailcats in that race. I had a CJ-5 tuned up from another CC event so I ran that. It was quick, had great top end, and just a little slidey. Though with the terrain, you could get that to work to your advantage.
1976 Jeep CJ5 Renegade Tune: 188 733 478

PR Stunts:
Trap - 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evo Tune: 148 895 824
Zone - 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evo Same - I feel the Vulcan, the ID-R, and the GT4 should also do really well here due to their ability to hold grip at speed.
Sign - 2014 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 - I know I had a tune for this, this was one of my main rides early on. But yet no tune is listed. I’m going to check back on earlier posts.

Hello All,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks seasonal for those that find such useful. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code. If you use anything offered here, and you like it/it was useful to you, please don’t forget to leave a like.

Online:
**Trial: “Retro 2033” | Dirt Racing | (C600) Retro Hot Hatch
**Car used: 1981 VW Scirocco S (Autoshow 20,000 Cr)
**Tune: C600 Rally / 697 120 235

Right up, going to say seems some of the other Sciroccos mentioned here fared better than mine, maybe give them a go before mine. That been said, this tune/car will work in the Trial, will make points, although is a touch slow, placing well is very dependent on what your teammates bring, and how they preform ~ my insistence to have snow tires, and be FWD is likely the difference. Otherwise, nice driver, easy on the snow, dirt and tarmac. Tune is FWD, rally/snow tires, supercharged, Forza rear wing, no bumpers.

~~ while we are here, ‘Retro’ huh? My thinking the developers have no idea what the word ‘Retro’ means, and not even by the common (yet still incorrect) general public usage of the word, ‘Retro’ here must just be a holder for ‘stuff we couldn’t call classic or modern’, check this out:
Retro Hot Hatch, oldest car in the class - 1974, newest car 2004, a span of 30 years,
Retro Rally, oldest 1980, newest 1999, span 19 years,
Retro Muscle, oldest 1985, newest 2010, span 25 years,
Retro Sports Cars, oldest 1985, newest 2005, span 20 years,
Retro Saloon, oldest 1984, newest 2005, span 21 years,
Retro Super cars, oldest 1972, newest 2005, span 32 years.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Mudkickers’ 4x4 | (A800) Extreme Offroad
**Car used: 1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck (Autoshow 500,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 CC Offroad / 637 166 137

Too many trashy jeeps here. Anyway, not a jeep, does well, grip for miles, good on the terrain, but unfortunately somewhat tippy if you turn into gradients. No issue win or lose still win at the games car/tune. AWD, with 6.2L V8 swap.

PR Stunts:

• Royal Botanic Gardens Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - ‘New S2 Road Race’ (111 960 179) by Don Joewon Song, 4/5 runs with rewinds, started from the T-intersection at one of the ends, sorry, forget which direction that is,
  • Princes Street Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - ‘PR Stunt Rally’ (120 633 544), one shot, no issue,
  • Mam Tor Danger Sign, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - ‘PR Stunt Rally’ (120 633 544), might be late for those asking, but this was very painless to complete, 3 runs, mostly about working out which ramp angle was needed.

Solo championships - Raced against Expert*, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability: Off, Gearbox: Auto.

**Championship: “Not Domesticated” | Street Scene | (S1 900) Dodge
**Car used: 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T (Autoshow 210,000 Cr)
**Tune: S1 RD Max NoSwap / 171 531 704

Not Domesticated - so that means not tame, so no AWD… Was at times dicey, but very much a fun time going with race tires and RWD on winter roads. Once passed, A.I. are a breeze, although finding good ‘stable’ opportunities to pass was the challenge. Car/tune is stable provided power is added slowly coming out of bends. Tune is RWD, Forza aero, supercharged, race tires.

The title of this event makes me wonder if the devs are playing off a meme that is going around modified car circles (at least I have seen it there, so assume for others too) - paraphrased, yet close enough:
Executives at Chevrolet: “We should look into making a EV version of the C8 Corvette”
Meanwhile at Dodge: “The Hellcat engine fits in the Dodge Caravan (a minivan). Lets do that next!”

**Championship: “Counting Jeep” | Cross Country | (A800) Jeep
**Car used: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (HTF ~ CC Influence reward)
**Tune: A800 Jeep Trial / 101 809 802

Yay, the A.I. is so much fun in this event, what with their super-grip 2000, and their phase technology… No. Car/tune is fast, had great grip, A.I. not hitting objects that slow you down tend to be faster. Luckily fast enough to catch up too - so can be won, just challenging at times. Tune is from a previous (I think also all Jeep) Trial: No aero, no widebody, offroad/snow tires.

**Championship: “A Van After My Own Heart” | Dirt Racing | (A800) Vans and Utility
**Car used: 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500 (25,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Dirt AWD / 610 951 183

* - racing this one on Unbeatable. The Vandura is surprisingly good in the dirt/snow, a touch too heavy for snow (braking) but otherwise good, with a high top-end for this class. Fight through the pack and a win is easy, fight is the right word, as passing or the Vans the A.I. brings is a game in itself. Tune is AWD, supercharged, Forza rear wing, rally/snow tires, 6.2L V8 engine swap.

That’s all, enjoy.

Bye

1 Like

Can I suggest the 2014 Ford Ute for “A van after my own heart”, won it twice so far with this one (very easy first on all 3 stages, and handles the snow beautifully).

Tune I used is by Danielov (865 236 061)

No funny business in the trial for the first time in a few weeks aside from a ‘teammate’ getting salty when they realised I was a better driver than them and proceeding to block and ram me at every opportunity from the first dirt section of the first race onwards.

They were successful in the 2nd race too, pushing me into a couple of the stone walls near the end but I think they threw a tantrum when they failed to do it in the 3rd race, as soon as I went past their car barely moved on the last lap and went from 2nd to last.

Why do people choose to play a team mode then act like that though? I wouldn’t mind but they was 5 stars + a pretty good driver themselves, all it screams is immaturity.

2 Likes

I don’t understand it either. In one of the races our team was 1, 2, 3, and 4. (5th payer was dead last). Anyway, I was in second until my two teammates in 3 and 4 decided to ram me off course… We still won, but still…

I was actually fortunate this week. I mean, I’ve only run the Trial once, but it was ok. Three of us hardly earned a single point through all three races, but those at the front with me ran well. Had another Fiesta with me and we gave each other berth and traded leads at one point. During the last race, the circuit, I had gotten up on the back of the Golf but gave him room, we worked it out and finished 1-2. It was nice and civil. No idea what was going on behind me, lol, but we had a good time at least.

@NightDriver
So spending an hour or two in a span of a week is too much now and that’s if you’re aiming to do 80%.
We’ve come a long way then. You’re not forced to play anything, you do know that?

1 Like

Bit patronizing?

We already had this discussion and I’ll say it again, I (did) play Korean MMORPG and if yo think Forza asks too much of you, don’t even try to think of playing one of those.
Doing few races in a span of a week, to get new car in a … racing game … I’ll leave it to you, to finish this.
Also nobody is forced, you decide if you want to play, or what … or not. Usually games are ment for you to have fun, but if its a bother, maybe it’s time to move on, I know I did when that happened.

2 Likes

If you could unlock all new cars by racing, that would be great. Doing PR stunts yet again that you’ve already had to do many times before, taking a photo, doing a showcase that you’ve done many times before, slaughtering terrible AI, none of these things count as racing, to me.

what other suvs are in forza horizion 4

Maple, check it yourself: Cars List | Forza Horizon 4 | kudosprime.com

ElBarto you forgot to use this in the address. LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You

Iroc needs the racing v8 added to the optional engines.

Hello everyone, i’m new to FH4 and i’ve completed all the challenges and dailies, somehow i’m at 79%.
does anyone know why this is?

100% requires every event to be highlighted as gold, including Monthly Rivals and Online Adventure qualification - do you have any event panels that are not gold?