Winter #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through December 12

LOL.
Trial 3/3, Drivatars scored 0 points total over 3 races. My B tuned 69 Camaro was good but too slow to finish first. Knocked off rest of the weekly though.
PGG ok team, doing ok, all but 2 quit? SMH
Fun week.

Tips & Miscellany

The Trial

1. Beach View Cross Country
  2. Castle Cross Country Circuit
  3. Aerodome Cross Country Circuit

Got this on first try. Built '72 Ford Falcon XA GT-HO for this which turned out to be really good for first two races where I finished first. We got team win on first race, but lost second one. It was interesting experience though. I lapped two of from our team whom were driving Dodge Darts, one of them wasn’t even trying though but most importantly lapped a Drivatar '67 Corvette. So it appears to be possible, yet that Vetter ended up finishing 5th. I don’t get it. I’m sure about this though, since we were only 5 players with two Ford Falcons, two Dodge Darts and one '79 Chevy Camaro. We lost the race anyway with our 1050 points vs team Drivatar 2000 points.

Last race saved us. We had additional player joining up (how does that happen?) with B700 '77 Pontiac T/A. I finished second behind another Blue team player with '79 Camaro. Thankfully player who joined was good securing third place as Dodge Darts weren’t good here either and we won with 1850 points vs team Drivatar 1800 points.

We had a bit of a situation right on first lap when I saw there was other player in our team having a bit better cornering on this route. So while exiting corner turning towards container area I headed to right side ramp leading top of containers, leaving the tunnel between containers to that player. Instead of taking tunnel or left ramp, player followed me and we collided pretty badly when jumping down. We were able to recover, but it was totally unnecessary risk.

Tips:

• AWD Swapping is team friendly thing to do.
  • On Castle Cross Country Circuit it’s possible to lineup jump from dune with gate in castle courtyard if your suspension is up to task. When leaving courtyard I tend to slow down a bit before jumping down and avoid drifting, these appears to save quite a bit of time.
  • On Aerodome circuit, leave room for your team mates, use alternative routes if there’s risk of collisions.

Tune for '72 Ford Falcon XA GT-HO shared.

Playground Games: Got this on first try, blue team won after last of red team gave up on 3rd ground flag rush. It was actually pretty good game and my respect to Red team players whom gave it their best even after losing some players during first round which was Infection.

Showcase Remix: Taxi turned out to be surprisingly fun on this. Got this on first try finishing in 2:55.735 vs Flying Scotsman finishing in 2:56.637.

PR-Stunts: Bugatti Divo S2 for all.

Championships

Completed on Unbeatable difficulty using stock cars. Braking line, no traction control etc.

Championship: Jeepers Creepers

Took '08 Volkswagen Touareg R50 to this. Since it’s low PI I was racing against just other Touareg and Cadillac Escalades. Easy wins.

Recommended car: '08 Volkswagen Touareg R50

Championship: Monster Mash

Did this with '86 Audi S1. Didn’t expected it to be easy but in the end it turned out to be good. I did Ambleside Loop three times just to see if it can win there and it could, but pretty good run is needed. I left Garden’s Cross Country Circuit last. Car performance wasn’t problem, I my best lap was 0:45.245 vs Drivatar coming second lapping 0:48.xxx but making pass was difficult. Won champ with 60 points after couple of retries.

There’s respawning snowman worth 1000 skill points in the middle of the road near start.

Recommended car: '86 Audi S1 but Ford RS200, Hoonigan Group A and VW #34 Beetle might be pretty good too.

Championship: Snow Going Back

Really liked this one. Took '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX and won every race with it. Glen Rannoch Hillside Sprint took a bit of patience but otherwise car was really good, winning final race (did Edinburgh City Sprint last) over Drivatars with 7+ seconds.

Recommended car: '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Weekly#Forzathon Challenge

20 Great Speed skills is one thing that stock Camaro can’t do stock. Car needs to reach about 150 mph for Great Speed to trigger. Probably the cheapest option is to set up with Street Gearbox which adds 5th gear and enable Camaro to reach required speed. It costs whole 800 credits. I did this going forth and back the motorway. I found that it was easier to maintain speed and get these skills going towards Edinburgh than other way around. However, going towards Ashbrook, if I cut trough traffic island I was able to get enough speed when I just kept going towards road to Ashbrook.

There is also bodykit available upgrading it to S1 and costing arm and leg.

Winning Drag Strip events: Juggernaut as Drivatars always slow down there in certain curve but Camaro won also on Festival Drag Strip. Juggernaut may give more credits and skills per minute though.

If you know what you are doing, Camaro with just Street Gearbox can do Juggernaut at 1:15.742 while Drivatars are at 1:20’s on Unbeatable.

5 Pass Skills was easily attainable in one race on Juggernaut. Accelerated bit slowly and they just happened once I started pushing it. Abusing Drivatars weakness in final curve I even won the race.

Edit: Forum language filter doesn’t like last part of type signs for '72 Ford Falcon XA-GT- Maybe it could be tweaked to be context sensitive? Allow if with GT- or something?

2 Likes

AMC Rebel is a beast in Trial.

1 Like

Cool! I haven’t got the reindeer top!

Chevy Camaro '70 is op in trial. Left everyone in the dust, team scored 3-0.

Offroad races are so much fun, I love them!

Does anyone else wish that they would put a bit more thought into the Championships?

It seemed like even in stock configuration a large number of vehicles didn’t qualify for their associated championship this week, and we’ve had the same issue appear in past ones as well.

Vehicles have a range of performance classifications and a type classification. You have to match both to be eligible.

I think originally you could use any car at or below the class, so use a D in an A trial but that was patched out as you could run any race with a slow car to reduce difficulty.

I meant as in even stock they were over the limit. The Sports Utility Hero’s one for example only a couple can be used since the rest are over the class limit when stock.

Seasonal Race Car Issue
I finished the race 1st but i cant get the car reward. Also im playing above average.

Please let me know why this happens.

Has to be highly skilled i think. I usually do Pro or unbeatable so i get the reward all the time anyway.

James Bond Hornet was a monster in the trial. I won all the races by a very large margin. PG games was very easy this week too. It only last 2 rounds, never had to do flag rush. YAY!

Heh I was looking to build a car as I have nothing in the class and saw that lonely untouched hornet in there. Rally tires, awd, weight reduction, and still barely scraping into B class.

2 Likes

Sometimes you gotta throw in a wild card! I was using it as a B dirt winter car in ranked but its not quick enough or is it the top speed isnt to my liking? Cant remember, not at home to see the figures

DRC, you stole my idea lolz. I picked the Hornet too and tuned it to my liking. Now I just have to run the races.

1 Like

I have a feeling that this week’s Trial may have been recycled from an earlier season. I just happened to have a B-class tune for '77 Trans-Am with description ‘Tune for Break The Ice seasonal’.

Break the Ice was back in Series 6:

[/quote]

2 Likes

It turned out lapping Drivatars on Caste CC Circuit is repeatable, I think it’s most likely I and one other in Blue team had a bit of help this time though.

I gave some repeats to this just to check this out. The first time it happened I think it was Drivatar '67 Chevrolet Corvette with 621 that I guess is supposed to be opponent for player team '68 Dodge Darts at PI of 626. While car may appear it will be on higher PI if there’s Dodge Dart on PI 626 isn’t in lineup. It happened on one run that we had PI disparity between teams lowest in our team being said Dodge Dart at 626 and lowest in Drivatar team was '69 Nova FE at 657.

But lapping drivatars. It was strange trial. We started with five players in team with lowest one being stock Ford Falcon at 608 and in Drivatar team there was similar Falcon at 608. In first race, despite securing the first positions, I don’t recall for sure if we won or lost. Then suddenly in Castle CC Circuit we had lost one player, with Falcon and some other but had someone with S1 900 Ferrari Pista in our team. Drivatar Ford Falcon 608 was still there.

So in race I gave it everything I got, I had got pretty close one of retries early to lap '67 Vette again but lost some time because of in team competition. Falcon at 608 seemed even better opportunity. So went on it, Ferrari Pista taking the lead, me getting on second position. I made one mistake on second lap costing me perhaps 1,5 - 2 seconds and I thought that was it. I had lapped one player from our team earlier, but wondered if that was on purpose and it most likely was as I was approaching jump to castle courtyard again, I saw lot’s of Drivatar icons stacked there via minimap. So player whom I had lapped earlier had created a bottleneck probably causing Drivatars to mess up that jump! I didn’t bothered to do any sightseeing to get other visuals, but according to minimap I lapped that pile.

I finished just few seconds behind Pista (I don’t think player with it was giving race all that car could do, just having fun perhaps) and score board looked at first like few hundreds points of victory and then just jumped to 2050 points of victory over team Drivatar 450 points.

Pista was with in the last race too but finished last, we won that race too however and the Trial.

What a weird game though.

In general, I’m not much for Cross Country but even putting all weird curiosities aside, route selection for car class and division made this IMO pretty fun event.

The ATS GT, umm, what’s up with the headlights? You turn them on and it’s like barely on? Is this how it is on the real car or another case of the car modeling team messing up?

Hey guys!

I completed all 3 races with a nissan silvia k’s car (retro sport c600 ). The exibition says completed but the season event says not complete. What am I missing? Are there any other requirements?