Winter #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through April 2

Thanks a lot for all the tips and hints… I wish I have read them before doing everyhting while banging my head against the wall.

This was the first trial (since ever I think) where I did not have a tuned car ready. I never checked before, so it was like iceskating with boots and soles made out of iron.

I disliked all the racing events, I hate buggies (I play without rewind and sometimes they bounce around like a jumping bean, ruining my run by missing a checkpoint), I like agile and fast cars, so trucks are a nightmare and last (BUT NOT LEAST, TRUST ME) the airpasses.

So for me personally this was one of the lamest seasons ever. I will grab a tune for a classic race car though and drive the trials a few times more.

I don’t use rewinds, but after playing for ages you don’t miss the checkpoints. You learn to slide into the inside of the checkpoints.

Obviously expensive but the Alfa Romeo 33S is one of the very best S1 winter cars in the entire game. I use it in Ranked for any winter road races (assuming that there is actual snow on the ground). I can check what tune I have on it if it would help anyone but there should be plenty of good ones available. Against other Classic Racers, it should be totally dominant for any decent driver.

4 Likes

So very true.

33S and TZ2 are so beautiful in their handling and have the speed to win practically all the time.

Shared both mine if anyone is interested in giving them a go.

Thoroughly enjoyed this weeks Trial and have been doing quite a few to help others.

Edit: Share code for TZ2 is 682 663 289 - Share code for 33S is 808 176 847

1 Like

I tried the TZ2 tune as I’ve never used that at S1. Very fun to drive - phenomenal acceleration makes it easy to avoid early issues. Handled the snow well at Lake District. Ran 3.06, so very slightly slower than in the Lola but still won by about 20 seconds.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review Jezza, much appreciated :slight_smile:

I like to do the Trial where I go into it totally blind, I just join a team from the playlist with no idea what the tracks or car options are. With it having snow in the name, I figured there would be snow. Of the cars it offered me, just one had snow tyres fitted, the Jaguar C Type, which was handily tuned to 900, and based on the wheels it had, I must have tuned it myself in the past, though I had no recollection of why I had tuned it to 900 with rally tyres. We only had 5 people, and 2 dropped out in race 1, which was a good start (and I’m not being sarcastic!). I won all 3 races, one of the other 2 was last in all 3 races, and the other team member just did enough for us to win by 50 points in 2 of the 3 races. Job done!

I agree with Jezza that the Alfa 33S will surely be OP. However, I had mine built/tuned with race tyres, I must have done that to try it for one of our rivals challenges. You’ll definitely want snow tyres for this Trial as Lakehurst Forest Sprint in particular is much faster with a snow tyre build.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but Alfa Romeo 33S was worst in my case, lacks both grip and speed.
Ferrari P4 has loads of grip but maybe lacks a bit of speed.
Tested them all on Lakehurst Forest sprint and I can get very similar times in Daytona or P4, while 33S is few seconds behind.

What tune were you using for the 33S? Grandma Driving’s “S1 Dirt” tune has done the fastest time of any car for multiple dirt tracks I’ve tested cars on. Having said that, it looks like I’m just assuming it would therefore also be good in snow, as I don’t look to have noted a time for it for LFS snow. I’ll give it a try along with the others you mentioned. It’s a huge shame we can’t do rivals in snow.

Edit: I haven’t time trialled them against each other yet, but I just tried GD’s tune for the Trial and I absolutely dominated, was miles ahead of any human or AI.

I use LazyData’s “Rally/Snow” tune. Lacks a bit of absolute top end speed but it’s near perfect for snow.

I think I must have decided I preferred that to Grandma Driving’s tune at some point but can’t recall what testing (if any) I did.

All tunes are mine, all done the same way.
Did try GD tune and did more or less the same, as with my own.

Still I prefer Daytona on this case.

I’ve tried all 3 now, solo race in winter against the AI, easiest difficulty to try to eliminate random variations from the AI. I drove each car 3 times, and took the best time.

Alfa 33S GD’s S1 Dirt tune (2.1 handling) 3:02.818
Ferrari #24 P4 tuned myself (2.2 handling) 3:04.578 (noticeably slower but more grippy vs the 33S)
Shelby Daytona tuned myself (1.8 handling) 3:04.252 (noticeably less grippy than the 33S, but very high power)

Maybe your tunes of the P4 and Daytona are better than mine, but that’s what I did. All 3 will very easily win the Trial though.

Worth trying the Lola as well. Just ran 2.03 in that in the trial.

Easy trial this week, won all 3 races + team won easily in them all too, 3 lazy people even used stock Lola’s and were still able to contribute something in all 3 races + all beat a 512 S 44PI pts higher than the Lola.

1 thing I have been wondering, are we ever going to see a seasonal community championship again? They were much more enjoyable than the ‘series of 3 races you’ve already been through countless times already’ that are the only thing we get now.

At this stage I’d rather have 3 bad races that I’ve never seen before over 3 ones I enjoy in the game, just for the sake of some variety.

I am having problems completing chapter 4 of the weekly forzathon challenges, which consists of earning a 3 star rating at the Derwent Water Speed Zone. I have completed it with almost every retro rally car and i earn a 3 star rating every time, yet it will not complete the challenge for me. Is there a requirement that i am missing?

If you already had 3 stars, it will show 3 stars every time after that, i.e. the stars show the best you have ever achieved, not what you just did. You need to average over 95mph for 3 stars, which isn’t all that easy in the snow.

1 Like

Series events + PR stunts + showcase remix is all I needed to do for this season.

Festival Playlist Events Winter: Until 02/04/20 - SERIES20
For players who need help: Percents, Tunes and Rewards:
50% Winter: TOYOTA 2000GT 1969
80% Winter: MERCEDES-BENZ AMG CLK-GTR 1998
50% Series 20: MCLAREN 600LT COUPE 2018
80% Series 20: FERRARI 250 TESTA ROSSA 1957

Forza Horizon 4: Rewards * Until 02/04/20 ** SERIES 20 ** Winter

Share Codes: Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub. You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.
Share Code: Garage → Designs & Paints → Find New Designs → Search

Code Tune LANCIA DELTA HF INTEGRALE EVO 1992:… 129 159 991
Code Tune ALFA ROMEO GIULIA TZ2 1965:… 177 679 845
Code Tune ALFA ROMEO 33 STRADALE 1968:… 836 686 454 or 164 442 642
Code Tune RENAULT 5 TURBO 1980 FORZA EDITION:… 659 064 093
Code Tune MOSLER MT900S 2010:… 187 290 668
Code Tune KTM X-BOW GT4 2018… 411 142 352
Code Tune VW #1107 DESERT DINGO RACING STOCK BUG 1970:… 357 406 859
Code Tune VOLVO 242 TURBO EVOLUTION 1983:… 152 187 469
Code Tune MERCEDES-BENZ UNIMOG U5023 2014:… 112 285 540

visit http://www.forzamotorsport.net every season change

PS.: Also available on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport or https://twitter.com/ForzaHorizon or https://twitter.com/WeArePlayground and imgur.com )

2 Likes

Great Trial for this week.

Made ten runs on it so far. First I tried with the Pink Pig Porsche but I couldn’t get it to work the way I liked. I guess it can be really good on second race with snow tyres though.

Built Ferrari P4 and really liked it. Lot’s of wins and podiums. Tune is for Sim-steering and all assists off. It’s very stable but easily fast enough to beat any Drivatar. You can squish quite a bit of more time from routes with clutch kicking it, which isn’t requirement to beat Drivatars.

Share code: 117 927 476

Drivatar PI matching vs Players Team is bit unpredictable. There was Drivatar counter par for one low PI car, say stock Lola, but if there were several stock Lola’s or other low PI cars, PI didn’t appeared to match the rest low PI player cars.

For the rest of the events, I really liked C-class rally event. Took stock Renault Alpine on it and had a blast.

I recommend working through the Playlist though, as Toyota 2000GT turned out to be really great car. I did Street Scene run with stock and had really good time with it, perhaps winter added to my experience but it has surprising performance for D-class car and very clear character to it in a way it handles, definitely not boring and must have. Definitely going to take it again through Street events during spring or summer.

I must say that those players who are star 10 level 2999 and always come last in the Trials…

You guys amuse me immensely lol!!!

Why don’t you guys just put on the back of your cars “I used cheats to get to this level but i’m crap at driving” lol!!!

2 Likes