Will Multiplayer Have Lobbies This Time?

The FH2 online format was actually crap, like really really bad. Completely killed my enjoyment of the game, and for all my friends with all the negative stuff already mentioned.

I hope FH3 online is not more of the same.

It will be. fh1 was and still is a brilliant game online.fh2 was an absolute joke.

1 Like

I would even go for a “preferences” feature before getting into a Room.

Being able to choose if you want those dumb children’s games in your online experience, or only racing. Being able to see which RT are currently available, and choosing one from there. Being able to turn off/disable S2…because 95% of anyone who has this game doesn’t understand how to drive or tune S2. To boot, the cars are overpowered for the track design. Personally, I can’t stand jumping into a room when I sign on, only to be forced into a car class, and have it be the 2nd or 3rd race. Thus having missed the XP opportunity for traveling between events, and also the XP gains from said missed events.

1 Like

I miss the " realistic cruise " lobbys :smiley:

1 Like

Choice is very important. Horizon2 didn’t have it. If Horizon 3 doesn’t have it you couldn’t pay me to play it let alone buy it.

Being forced into a class you don’t want to race/play in just isn’t fun at all. I play to enjoy myself and I really don’t enjoy S2 racing. I love D C and B class racing. I put all of my time into tuning and perfecting these cars. I run the solo game in them and get great rivals times in them. Then when I want to match my skills with other players in them online the game won’t let me? It forces me into S2/S1 racing and gives me no choice in how or what I play. This strikes me as a particularly bad business decision.

It is so frustrating to paint, tune and learn to drive a particular car and then not be able to play it online unless you can luck into a road trip of its class. I spent/wasted so much time joining and dropping out of road trips until I could find the class I wanted and often never did since almost all of them were S2/S1 which I had no interest in. The online experience was ruined for me.

If this will be repeated in Horizon 3 then NO THANKS! Please give us a choice. The content is there just let us get to it!

I thought the concept of FH2’s online was good and it worked fine if you had a full lobby with friends but the problems people have discussed above were pretty bad and did have an affect if you just wanted to join into a random game. If they fix these problems though, online could be very fun and could be something to build from.

I generally play about in online free roam, id like to see lots more players per lobby,

also some sort of way of getting into preferred lobby, ie drifting, racing, cruising ect
horizon 2 tbh I got bored, 12 people, by time a couple in the garage a few on the drag strip a few drifting most of the map was empty

Hate to dig up this old thread, but this is a realy important issue to me. now that FH3 is out, is it confirmed there are no lobbies?
FH2 online multiplayer was a huge disaster for an otherwise amazing game. I’d like to think FH3 has addressed this issue by allowing us to search for competitive races in lobby format that suit the car we want to use. The multiplayer in FH2, you didn’t know what kind of race you were getting into and only had 20 seconds to pick a car.

FH3 Multiplayer is identical to FH2, almost like it was copied and pasted.

Yep. You do get to vote before a championship start on the class and each class shows what types of events will be in the championship however you won’t known the layouts involved.

If you want to find say a D or C class lobby, you’ll have to wait and hope that option comes up and hope majority votes for it. Kinda dumb really. If you want to race in a certain class…good luck because it probably won’t happen.

I really like FH3 but the Multiplayer part is… crap. Nothing more to say.
i really should have known that before, i wouldn´t have bought it.
But well, just was to hyped… my own fault…