Will Forza Horizon 5 Steam version have impulse trigger?

Lots of people including me, want to know if trigger vibration is supported on steam this time?
It would be grateful to get an official answer.

2 Likes

Does it support handle trigger vibration?

1 Like

When Forza Horizon 4 was released for steam there was an issue with the impulse triggers. They would not work with the steam version of the game like they did with the Microsoft store version. This was sadly never remedied and I I’m curious as to if this issue has been fixed for the release of the Steam edition of Forza Horizon 5 in November.

FH4’s steam ver does not have impulse trigger, which makes it worse than the windows store and console version. This has also been moved to “won’t fix” category for known issues recently.
Will FH5 Steam version resolve this issue this time? Will we get the same game as the windows store and console version game?

Announced today, haptic feedback on the Xbox Wireless Controller is supported by all versions of Forza Horizon 5, including Steam for the first time!
https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-horizon-5-pc-specs

Cool now fix FH4 Steam to also support it.

I bought it from Microsoft Store and playing it on PC.

change the LT and RT buttons in the Xbox controller key mapping and use the RT button as a brake, the impulse trigger vibration will not work.
It worked well in Forza Horizon 4.

I’m also having the same issue, the vibrations doesn’t feel the same as fh4

Does anyone using the Steam version of FH5 have working impulse trigger on the XBox Series X controller? Mine has the standard haptic feedback in the grips like FH4, but expected triggers to also have haptics too. Am running latest controller firmware as of today too.

Me too on the Steam version of FH5 - no working impulse trigger on the XBox Series X controller. Mine has the standard haptic feedback in the grips like FH4, but expected triggers to also have haptics too as was promised y developer. Am running latest controller firmware as of today too.

Ok I don’t know, pin it, move it on top or do whatever.
Here is how to make it work in Steam. Cause I found out myself on accident after been annoyed with how it didn’t work.

So you choose FH5 > Properties > Controller section > Disable Steam Input.

There you go, now you will have the same vibrations as you do in Microsoft Store version and can finally feel ABS/loss of traction.