Why can you drive with 80 mph through a tight corner?

Just why? Physically it should be impossible. I think just the indication of the speed is a bit broken. You drive 60mph and it looks like 30

Because this is an arcade sim not a true sim, its designed so that even the most virgin-to-racing-games player can pick up a controller and compete.
FM7 would be better for you if you prefer a true simulation experience.

1 Like

FM7 is a semi-sim, just like FH4.

2 Likes

I prefer the term “simcade” for both of them. One is closed-track and the other open-world. Horizon id a bit more “-cade” than Motorsport, IMO

1 Like

The difficulty is you are trying to simulate a 3d environment through a 2d medium. It is why they will deform visuals in some view, to give the sensation of slower or faster by deforming the depth perception. Remember, a monitor is 2d so 3d is nothing more than a complex visual simulation playing off our mind. By stretching depth a little, it will feel faster, flattening, shorter.

Much of our sensation of speed is created from our peripheral as well. If you look out the side as you drive by something, speed can be more apparent. But yeah, it isn’t a true simulator, but it isnt off in the ways you are proposing.

Someone could work out the true speed of the game if they wanted to take their time doing it. You would have to measure a distance, and then get a speed from it.

Cars in these games have more grip than their real life counterparts. And I think the sensation of speed has always been really good in Forza, at least in comparison to many other more serious racing games. I think the reason the speed in video games feels slower is that we usually drive very fast so we’ve become used to fast speed in video games. For most of us driving at 250km/h in real life will feel very fast or even terriying but ask any racer and he will probably say meh it’s nothing.

2 Likes

I notice this very well few days ago, i have lately drive mostly a-class cars and then i did few races with S2 class senna and damn that feel fast pace after driving lots of a-class cars but if i would only drive S2 class cars i would soon get used to that speed.

Irl it also depends where you drive, driving in motorway at 150km/h it’s feels meh but driving same 150km/h at small dirt road and that speed feels mutch faster.

1 Like