Why are there still no additional racing leagues?

My opologies I thought you could just like forza 4, free play mode is still a lot of fun though if you don’t like online racing as are rivals. There just ideas for you to explore inorder to get more from the game.
Andy

The Career mode is going to have an end at some point, just like COD has a final mission on their single player, do you see people kicking up a fuss when they “complete” the game, no they either start again or go online

I know what you mean about getting punted off in the online but that is part of playing online, you get the morons, the skill is reading them, not getting hit and beating them by a country mile, Tournaments like TORA its always raced clean, hard and fair, if you start wiping people out, you dont last long on their site

If you like to compete via lap times there is plenty to do in Rivals

but some people dont like to play alot on line, they have bandwidth caps, spotty internet, etc… we have all seen players constantly lagging and continuing to play online when off line would be a better experience for themselves and others. setting up monthly or even weekly events should be trivial, turn ten dosn’t need to make new cars tracks or anything they dont already have, just new parameters like they do with rivals. just because you have internet dosn’t mean you have good internet. having someone else set the rules feels less like cheating than setting the rules yourself. people will be challenged more than getting it too easy/boring. if the players want it and its easy to do why not do it? it would just be new car class track combos…you know that stuff thats already in the game? you can already do everything on your own in rivals too but i dont see people saying to cut monthly events out of the game.

you could get hours of single player off line content for the same bandwidth of a minuets long race. and it would all be lag free.

ding ding ding…you dont charge full price for a demo. it dosn’t matter why they released the game in the state they did the fact is they did, and they charged for a fully complete tripple a game. treated like royalty? since when is expecting what you paid for expecting too much? get a look at what wwe can expect in future games? half the game stripped out? that happens again and you can forget games, it’ll be game. if turn ten burns the customers again next time they should take the money andd run and not waste money on making forza 7 which everybody will have caught on to buy other games where they do get what they paid for. there is a market out there and somebody like project cars will be more than happy to fill the viod. look up project cars. its made with a small staff and less than a 5 million dollar budget. they have over 50 tracks. they will have only about 100 cars but how many cars do you actually use? they have weather. they have day and night. forza4’s cars are closer to forza 5’s car than 2’s cars. the hardest part is starting new? forza 1 was starting new right down to hireing every employee, and it was a better game.

1. No one said demo.
  2. It’s still triple A quality.
  3. Yes royalty. No one knows what he wants for career leagues, he assumes that we will cater for him and give him everything he wants.
  4. pCARS, guarantee it will feel like one of their arcade-ish games they’ve released in the past.
  5. Why are you comparing Forza 5 to Forza 2? You’re argument is now gone. P.S. Hardware on the 360 hasn’t changed, you can easily disguise Forza 2 and 3 cars in Forza 4 quality.
  6. Forza 1 will always be the best one because it’s the one that got you hooked.

I don’t have the time or energy to get into an argument with you on this, but saying that I want a more fleshed out career mode with more racing venues like in past Forza games isn’t asking for very much. Your comment about “not knowing what I want for career leagues” and that I therefore “expect to be catered to and treated like royalty” is ridiculous - what I expect are the same types of modes that have been featured in past Forza games (manufacturers challenges, famous rivalries, turbo, N/A, V6, V8, etc.).

While I don’t agree with the above poster about the game being so short that it should be called a demo, it is undeniably lacking on content, and as much as I appreciate the work that has gone into creating a game for an entirely new platform, I still expect a complete game with content worthy of a $60 price tag. Clearly, many people agree with my stance, as the game was docked points for this very issue in almost every review to date. While I have no doubts that T10 will give us a more complete game with FM6, in the meantime, it sure would be nice if they would stop releasing expensive DLC car packs with poor value propositions and start doing things to address the real issues with the game, like adding more tracks and career leagues, and getting the marketplace up and running.

Okay, I can respect that, I may have misinterpreted your OP.

Remember that they have teams of people working on different things. Things will take longer, but it will still come down to getting more content done than having a full team focus on 1 thing at a time.

Grabs Popcorn :wink:

1 Like

£7.99 a month for 10 new cars is expensive? I think that works out at 30p a day!

there are plenty of racing leagues to sign up for.

A racing league takes someone to set it all up and do the points which is an insane amount of effort only those who have run a series can appreciate, meaning it takes man power. It’s on you to go to the racing league area and find one that suits you. Car packs equate to less than A DOLLAR PER CAR ya cheap asses. I can’t stand complaining about car packs and then asking for more content.

My comment about the car packs being poor value propositions was pointing to the fact that the majority of cars that come in each car pack are essentially filler material, and you’re forced to buy the whole pack to get the 1 or 2 cars that are actually desirable. In some cases, T10 will allow you to buy individual cars for $2.99, but they are almost never the “flagship” cars in a given pack - they are the less desirable cars.

T10 keeps churning out these car packs because it’s easy money for them and doesn’t require anywhere near as much time and effort as it does to fly a crew out to laser scan another track and model it for the game, and since adding more career leagues to flesh out the single player portion of the game isn’t something they can really expect people to pay for, they probably won’t ever bother with it. If I had to guess, I’d say they probably have most of the team dedicated to making FM6 right now, and FM5 just isn’t really a priority for them anymore. The “spare staff” will continue to make car packs to keep people paying, and that’ll probably be all that we can expect this time around. As many have already said, they have built a good platform in FM5 with lots of development potential, but FM5 is more of a prologue to FM6 than the total package that FM4 was. For what it’s worth, I bet FM6 will be amazing, though…

1 Like