Why am I under moderation?

Why am I under moderation?

New users are moderated for a time. See https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postsm14936_New-forums-FAQ-and-How-To.aspx#post_14936

1 Like

Thanks

I too found the “Your account has been placed under moderation” wording, condemning. As if I had already been in someone’s sights. “Your account is under moderation” would be less offensive.

I’d recommend re-evaluating the wording of the new-user account condition, maybe the delivery as well. Example, show the user’s post in the thread with a highlighted border and a message in an info bar across the top saying “Pending moderator approval” with a small ? inside a circle next to it with a tooltip that shows when hovering over it that says “What’s this?” Links to a page explaining your commitment to an orderly community, family friendly expression, etc. Whatever…

1 Like

Wouldn’t really matter how they worded it
It would offend someone
Its the world we now live in

1 Like

No, it’s not. Is English your first language? “Your account has been placed under moderation”–moderation is the default state of new accounts; with this wording it is as if the account was made, then chosen, placed under moderation. It was not placed under moderation. Moderation is the default condition of new accounts. Do you see what I’m saying yet? If I’ve ever been moderated by default as a new user, the wording, or atmosphere on the site, or willingness of the servers to load pages on the forum in less than 15 seconds, less than 3 usually… I haven’t cared, until I came to the Forza forums.

Accounts are placed under moderation once they make a first post, I don’t think you’ll be under moderation if you create an account without making a single post ever. So technically it’s correct.

Edit: You’re not my friend. What’s that? Everyone I don’t know is not by default? Well, I didn’t know you before now, so… now I do, and we’re not friends