why all the roadtrips?

I spend plenty of time simply driving around the map in free-roam… which gives me tons of time to enjoy driving the cars. I’m not saying that they should pull the Online roadtrips out from under your feet. It’s just that sometimes I simply want to race, and I don’t particularly want to drive across the entire map to do that. I dont think that’s asking too much.

At the end of the day I dont really care, just giving my 2 cents on the topic.

1 Like

I hear you, it will be a love/hate feature.

While I appreciate the relaxing feel of the road trips now, driving those routes 168 times to while completing the championships will surely become tiresome, no?

1 Like

Thank you, I just think you should be able to fast travel if you want to. I’ve been down every road in the game, don’t necessarily need to take the scenic route every time.

As a car guy, one of the main reasons I bought Horizon 2 was because of the road trips. Many cars guys go to car meets with a bunch of their friends and the road trips simulate the drive to the meet. I love them. The drive is the part where friends just cruise together and play around. The game is more then “lets just race”, its lets race and make it an adventure at the same time which is what it is every time you head to a car meet with your friends.

3 Likes

Exactly this. I love it. Easy XP too.

+1

Well it a open world game and its nice to not race all the time and cruise to the location and look at the stunning scenery :), while completing a career

Alot of people complaining here about having to drive somewhere in a driving game…

If you want race after race after race go play forza 5.

I think road trips are great, most times I’m close to running out of time because it’s so fun to just cruise.

Most of them take under 5 minutes, you can take any route and any car you want AND you get XP…

Each to their own but seriously…this is Horizon

1 Like

Is there a way to skip or completely disable those road-trips? I’m getting so, so, SOOOO sick of those annoying useless road-trips after a while, it should be optional, I’m level 225 or so now, have more than enough money and XP and just want to race already.

And as a bonus, is it possible to disable that annoying announcer with the horrible English accent. I know I’m doing good by now and may win the finale if I continue like this, I don’t need to hear it every 5 minutes.

Nope you gotta keep doing them!

Nope!

Driving Game = Drive car.

You get a decent chunk of XP for 'em, so they aren’t totally useless.

Some of us would like to do back to back championships in the same location. It would be really simple for them to patch it so we can. Also, ditch the awards party crap. Just let us keep going from championship to championship.

2 Likes

I can see where you guys are coming from but I can’t help but laugh at the fact that people complain about driving in a driving/racing game.

2 Likes

I totally agree! All those roadtrips just take up time that you cannot spend racing.
In the beginning it is all well. You get to explore the map and unlock new areas after the first couple of championships. But mandatory road trips when there is no new area to explore/unlock?! What is the point? When I want to build up skill chains and drive around I do not need a roadtrip for that. I communte to work, I do not like commuting ingame just to do a race. A shortcut would be nice.

Unfortunately no, FH1 had people which got annoying after a while with the same thing too lol, an option to turn it off would be best but I doubt we’re gonna get that. If you dont like the roadtrips the easiest thing to do I believe it to choose the next location nearest to your current one

That’s the game design of Forza Horizon 2 and game design directors are usually very proud people in the game industry. They were never wrong. So the players will never be able to skip the road trips in Forza Horizon 2.

Why skip them, This is a driving game after all

2 Likes

For alot of us it’s a racing game.

I want to race, not drive. In the beginning it’s fine, testing out a different car, earn some XP. But once you reach level 200+ if feels tedious and unnecessary.

3 Likes