Whole game downloading again after patch release

Hi guys,

Not sure if any of you have faced the same issue I do, everytime there is a game update my xbox app starts downloading the whole game again. Not sure if it is because it is not installed on the main drive…

Thanks

I’m not on PC but have seen a load of posts over the years from users who started the download of an update and either cancelled it part way through or lost connection - they subsequently had to download the whole game. Was your download interrupted in any way?

I’m on PC and it only downloaded the patch for me.

Interrupting the download midway leads to corrupting some game files which leading to xbox app not recognizing the game. There is a simple fix without dowloading the whole game again.

Go to settings, apps, then select Forza Horizon 5 from the list. Select advanced options then click repair then reset. Now go to Xbox app and Install Forza Horizon 5 to the same drive. You need to have sufficent space tho otherwise it wont install. After that it will only download the corrupted files so it will take only 1-2 minutes. After that launch the game and let the game sync your save file.

To be honest we are in 2022 and game files getting corrupted because of interrupting the download is just stupid. Microsoft please fix it.