Which view do you all use?

It would be nice to watch the race from above but honestly…Im a swimy mess with 3rd person. Glad some people can do it…would be great to be ripping around the corner and seeing the guy sliding next to ya!

Cockpit. Cant drive from outside.

Cockpit but switch to hood view for the Buick for unknown reasons I think the car feels wide?? But all others in car until the screen gets smashed.

Cockpit 100% of the time.

hood

3rd person view all the time, but I’m thinking of giving hood view a go after seeing how many people use it!

Cockpit for singleplayer, hood for lobbies and Rivals.

I always drive from the cockpit, I’m not comfortable with any other view…maybe I could drive in hood view since it is not very different

Bumper Cam Always

My favorite choice of camera is chase view, altough I can do fine in the other views, as I was driving in bumper/hood views in games from the original Xbox.

Cockpit.

cockpit always

Im a purist sim racer so only cockpit view will do for me plus i turn off the hud so i get the best realistic experience possable.

FM3, FM4 and Horizon = Cockpit always; however have switched to Chase Car view in FM5 for peripheral vision. I miss the wonderfully modeled cockpit, but enjoy seeing the hard fighting (and sometimes reckless) drivatars during AI races and MP as well.

Hood 95% of the time. I sometimes judge apexes better in some cars better with cockpit. But to me the hood view is more on par with what you normal Concentrate (focus) on while driving the car.

Cockpit shows everything the eye can see. But your focus is more the hood., then a mirror, then the dash.

I would like very much to see the marrying of look around to be push the stick and see what we focus on. So over the hood and rear view mirror default. Leg stick look in left mirror. Look down detailed focus of dash (speed, tach, odometer) right the window and right mirror.

Cockpit…is there any other view? LOL

I use both 3rd Person and Cockpit view but mostly 3rd person because this may sound stupid but I love looking at my car xD

3 Likes

For the vast majority of my racing, I like to run in cockpit. For some reason I just perceive corners on tracks and my own car’s stability better in that view. When things get dicey in a multiplayer lobby though I occasionally switch over to 3rd person… just to have that spacial awareness to avoid cutting others off or taking myself/others out unintentionally.

Cockpit 100%. I remember reading an article about how “only 5% of gamers” use cockpit view. I’m calling bull-stuff on that and this thread is proof.

But if only those 5% use the forums then it’ll look like 100% of the drivers use the view. Meanwhile the other 95% are playing in other views =P

I use hood view. Cockpit view always feels too restrictive unless I’m in open cockpit cars like the indy or f1.