Wheel degrees & settings?

Yes, it’s super delayed and super disgusting. No better than demo. I wonder why it feels so good with FM7. I believe they are not the same studio.

2 Likes

I have this same problem. It seems my wheel (g920 on xbox one x) is laggy. When I end a turn with the wheel, the car takes longer to actually respond to that and then I lose control for oversteering. It doesn’t seem to happen on FM7.

Hey Osimarr,

Did you try setting your outside dead zone for steering to 20?

No mate I’m playing the game, it has a deadspot if you start the game with the controller then plug your wheel in, I still can’t get settings so my wheel isn’t as aggressive though.

Holy crap that was my problem. I remember now from one of the previous games, where if you would start with a controller the wheel would be bad. Thanks for reminding me. I hope you get your issues sorted out.

I fixed all my problems, using the Clubsport V2 my settings are this:

Sen: 900
FF:100 (in game I left it at the default 50 setting)
and all the rest set to default except BRF which only applies if you’re using the Clubsport v3 brakes, I have those set to 100

in game everything is default except I have the steering set to 540 and the brake outside deadzone dropped down to 75. I turned vibration to zero, can do that in either the advanced menu or the basic menu with “Vibration of”

Try quiting the game then plug your wheel in then open the game it shouldn’t have the deadspot, I still can’t get my wheel to not be aggressive it works now without the deadspot, it’s just super aggressive!

Yeah I really need help with settings if not this sucks to be honest.

1 Like

Thank you I’ll try that, it’s just so aggressive and I can barely drive it. Very inconsistent.

I demo with my G25 I used the following works pretty well.

Vibration 0, you don’t need it.

FFB Scale 90, 100 was to strong, may depend on what you have Wheel FFB force at in its software.
Center Spring 0
Damper 0
FFB Under steer at default 50
FFB Minimum 100 as Blue mentioned.

I got these settings from another Wheel thread in the discussions, was a lot easier to control slides etc and the off road stuff on gravel felt nice.

Thanks mate I’ll give that a go later on when I go on and I’ll let you know if it works for me, appreciate the help. I just couldn’t slide because it just snapped so violently.

1 Like

put sensivity to 0, it’s awfull and twitchy by default

Im sure there will be plenty of people wanting to narrow down the perfect settings for their wheel setups for the game so i thought Id start this thread so we can all post them here and find it all in ONE thread.

Same as everyone I only got my hands on the early access game yesterday and have far from perfect settings yet especially when it comes to the differences of tarmac over gravel but ill post updates as and when i find better settings.

WHEEL USED: Fanatec V2.5 Firmware 474. Driver v311
PLATFORM: PC
RIM: CSL Elite P1 & Porsche 918 RSR

WHEEL
Sen - 900 (I switch to 540 dependant on environment)
FFB - 100
SHO - off
ABS - off
DRi - off
For - 100
SPR -0
DPR -0
FEI - 50

INGAME
All dead zones 0 and 100.
Force Feedback Scale - 50
Centre Spring Scale - 0
Wheel Damper Scale - 0
FFB Understeer - 5
FF Minimum force - 50
Steering Sensitivity - 100 (this equals 900 DOR)

1 Like

Glad other people are having the same issue, wasnt sure if it was my game or what. Just wanna drift!!!

1 Like

fellow drifter here, i went out and purchased a G920 thinking i would be having some fun just sliding around in FH4, i was so pumped. but as soon as i hooked up the steering it was horror, over steering,spinning out of control on ever turn. this is my first experience with a steering but i just ace the corners with the controller.

please can you share your settings if you do find something that works well. Just wanna drift!! as you said

Hi.

I’m having trouble setting up my G27. If I leave the default profile of the game (with the game layout) the FFB works normal. But if I create a profile to customize the layout of the buttons I get totally without FFB. And worse than I can not return to the standard of the steering wheel.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

is there a fix for the wheel being off centered? its only happening in this game, i just checked my calibration in AC and its fine but in Forza im veering left

1 Like

I have an Xbox One X with a Fanatec Clubsport 2.0 set up with an older firmware update, (110) and V2.5 Clubsport pedals.
Keep in mind that I have my game mode activated on my TV and the delay may be different from the delay you are getting and that will make a difference on how it feels.
The sound and picture delays can really change how the settings feel. If I turn off game mode the wheel feels totally different as in worse by being sluggish to what the car is doing versus with Game mode on…and if your lip sync is not matched with the sound, the audio cues can mislead you to what the car is actually doing…anyway here are my settings
Wheel settings…(actually the same settings as FM7 on the wheel as only the in game settings change for my set up on FH4)
SENS…540
FF…30
SHO…10
ABS…67
LIN…off
DE…off
DRI…001
BRF…30

In game settings (control settings and press the X button for advanced settings )
Steering axis dead zone…0-100
Steering linearity…50
Acceleration axis dead zone…0-100
Deceleration axis dead zone…0-100
Clutch axis dead zone…15-90
E-brake axis dead zone…10-100
Vibration scale…60
Force feedback scale…50
Center spring scale…81
Wheel damper scale…2
Force feedback under steer…75
Force feedback minimum force…56
Wheel rotation angle…540

The handling feels way different than FM7 but it is a more arcadish style game. The precision in the driving is way different but once you get used to the handling feel it is a lot of fun to play.

******please post feedback if you try out these settings…what wheel and what system you are playing on. I am not sure how these settings will work for non Fanatec wheels though as there are several settings that are being done internally on the wheel that other wheels don’t have so this may change how the settings work for you.

Does anyone know how to get back the standard layout of the steering wheel? I made a custom, but the steering wheel ran out of FFB, I wanted to go back to the standard because it was working.

One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)

4 Likes

You are a life saver!!! I was having huge issues with sudden bursts of power and losing control, I’m using a G29 and your in game settings worked great for me. The cars are way more controlled and just better to drive. I even turned back to 900 degrees.

I tweaked a few things in game since I was getting 0 FFB during corrections while driving, but I found some great settings because of your base.