Wheel Compatibility; A Message to T10 & Microsoft. (Please Read)

Thrustmaster has brains and is smart enough to sell the 3pa by giving it a advantage , Fanatec with the lack there of , used auto clutch without permission and in the end hurt sales! Oh and you have a shifter with clutch already ? ya sure

It seems you have no idea what your talking about Jaredo, ALL of fanatecs pedal sets have clutch pedal ( except for much much older ones but I don’t think the are compatible)

The reason it was implemented was because without it someone playing on a gamepad could out shift the clutch pedal, so it was to level the playing field not make it uneaven. Thrustmasters implementation is exactly the same

2 Likes

@Worm the CSW will give you a whole new meaning to the word smooth. Imho the t500 and the TX are overrated.

It will also give me the same meaning as the word broken has in the past.

The only part that seems to let down the CSW/CSR-E is the motors (fanatec claims that they have resolved this issue though) if you want to mod it , putting some more reliable motors in it makes a huge difference, I’m currently running a big single motor in my CSR-E and it is a beast of a thing

I don’t think anyone is going to know for sure unless theres a drag test, this is a game not real life , before auto clutch , using a clutch was the fastest way in forza 4

ACL is using clutch, the same way that a gamepad user uses it, just pressing it at the same time and you change gear.

1 Like

Other 2O4F members and myself have done drag/shift tests in FM4 and we all came up with the same results. From slowest to fastest shifting method it’s: Automatic, manual, manual+clutch pedal, manual+clutch button.
With enough practice the clutch pedal can become nearly as fast as the button though, furthermore the fastest way to shift depends on the cars original gearbox. Normal H-gate and sequential/dog-bone transmition lift off the throtle when shifting, dual clutch/seamless shift transmition keep your foot in.

The autoclutch feature of the Fanatec and now the TX is just as fast, and NOT faster, than using the button clutch. The only advantage it gives you is that you’ll never miss the clutch button and that is all.

SMH

Im with you bro.
The lack of support of third party wheels is ridiculous.
Sony already announced the support of G27 and DriveClub has a release date. Just sayin… =P

Just so you know, Sony just announced that the only wheels that will be compatible with Drive Club are the T80 and T300RS that Thrustmaster released specifically for the PS4 and PS3. Logitech wheels will not be supported even though Sony claimed they would allow this.

On a side note; you not with TG anymore Worm?

We disbanded because no one plays Forza. No sense paying money to keep a site running that wasn’t getting use and keeping a race team going when no one was racing. We still all play FIFA and Diablo, just not Forza.

I found this fairly old post while looking for news about Forza 6 wheel compatibility, so I will post my 2 cents. I was a huge Forza fan from versions 2 to 4. This is what led me to buy a Xbox 360 in the first place. I owned a G27, but I also bought a complete Fanatec CSR rig just to play Forza. Fanatec doesn’t even ship to Brazil, so I had a friend bring it from Germany to me. So I waited eagerly for Forza 5 and was ready to buy a Xbox One just to play it., When I found out it would no longer support Fanatec wheels, I gave it up and started to look for something else. It just wasn’t worth it.

I haven’t played Forza 4 for a while and I am now a happy user of rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa and, more recently, Project Cars. I gave up consoles altogether and instead built a gaming PC where I can play what I want without being tied to anybody else’s marketing schemes. If Gran Turismo 7 comes out and it supports either of my two wheels, I will buy the console and the game. The same applies to Forza 6 and Xbox One. I can’t afford to buy a new and expensive wheel every time a new game comes out. Simple as that.

Incidentally, Project Cars on the PS4 does support Fanatec CSR wheels. Just check the official site: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html.

That is what many more people should be doing. Voting with their money. The companies can get away with this sort of thing because we will pay what they want.

Since this thread’s interest died, Logitech announced the G920 for Xbone and PC. It’s essentially a reskinned G27 with Xbox specific buttons, it comes without the shifter and Logitech is asking $400 for it? A few months ago, you could get a G27 for $250 or less. The prices have been creeping up to $300, although the wheel hasn’t changed at all. Now this new wheel will cost a full $150 over a price that Logitech was comfortable with. Why? Xbox One compatibility? Man please!

That Fanatec compatibility happened about 2-4 months after I wrote that reply. I edit all the time, but I am going to leave what I originally wrote.