What's up with the engine swaps?

It’s starting to bug me that I can stick an Enzo V12 in more than 50 cars but I can only swap the Mustang engine into 5, never mind the fact that the only swappable Mustang engine is from the GT500. Jesus Christ, I can swap a Mazda engine from a car that isn’t even in the game. Where’s the Nascar engine? Why must every car have the exact same 6.2L V8? Sure, I might want a classic Mustang, or a Fiesta, or a Focus, or anything else that I might want a Ford V8 motor in, but I can’t. I don’t mean to say that I don’t like the game, seeing as how I love it, but there’s just these little things that higher me. Before I let this wall of text get any longer, what do you think? Agree or disagree?

1 Like

Yeah it is pretty ridiculous that we can put a V12 into a Ford GT but not the Shelby GT500 motor that makes more sense and more power than the original motor. Also the quad rotor in a Nissan Silvia I mean come on people only Mazdas should have that engine. Also the V12 in the Supra? Come on. Just cause the cars mid-engine doesn’t mean it need a V12. The Swaps should be like this.
American cars can have the Stock Car motor from FM5
Euro cars can have the Manufactuers V12 such as a Countach can have a Aventador V12 and Ferrari can have the V12 from the Enzo Japanse cars should have the GTR engine for Nissan cars and
Mazda should have the quad rotor and toyotas have the 2JZ and give the Evo a power boost

BAM V12 in a Supra, your post just exploded.

3 Likes

Just proofs there is one goofball in the world! A goofball with to much money.

1 Like

Goofball? This is engineering excellence.

Smokey Nagata the master behind this and Top Secret Japan which some car we have seen in Forza.

1 Like

The Forza Top Secret cars had the right stuff, not v-12s stuffed in them and they were great!

Yeah we need more variety in swaps with the high cars. I try not to swap it if the power difference is not too much than if I added camshafts and twin turbos myself (less weight helps handling) if I enjoy the sound of a car then I wont swap it :p, but I test the speeds out in the highway for example in my S1 E63 and acceleration wise the engine swap was perhaps .2 mph faster xD

I love that we can do cross manufacturer swaps now as there are some interesting swaps that result.

I don’t like that there are so few engines that can actually be swapped. It makes things a bit too homegenous now.

A mix of the past and present would be very nice.

1 Like

Agreed, I enjoyed FH1s swaps where if you were in say an Aston Martin the swaps for all the cars would be only the high end cars of that manufacturer such as the Aston One 77. Achieved 230mph+ swapping that into the Virage and DBS lol

I think it’d be more logical (and more crowd pleasing) to completely open up the engine swaps. Let us take any engine from any car in the game, an put it in any other car in the game… Within reason. Basically if it could physically fit. Imagine the possibilities.
Just imagine having access to roughly 80 000 different car and engine combinations.

This takes lots of licensing to work or extremely generic engines in every car.

This is the direction Turn 10 is attempting to go with unbranded, generic engine swaps for a particular category. Sure it would be nice to have more engines available to swap down the line but they will all be generic and nameless.

1 Like

I see what you mean about the licensing work, but I couldn’t see how much more it’d take than what we’ve already got (but then again I wouldn’t know, this is all uninformed guesses) But as for them already going for generic engines I have no clue what you’re talking about, as all the engine swaps are very obviously engines from cars in the game.

I see what you mean about the licensing work, but I couldn’t see how much more it’d take than what we’ve already got (but then again I wouldn’t know, this is all uninformed guesses) But as for them already going for generic engines I have no clue what you’re talking about, as all the engine swaps are very obviously engines from cars in the game.