Whats New?

Yeah 700 cars sounds nice. But I bet our garage will be limited to less than 600 cars, again.

• I bet around 70 cars will be same ones with different team liveries, to boost up the car count. FM6 e. g. Formula E, Indycar, NASCAR etc.
    DLC policy and car choice was meh with some very good exceptions so far.
    Graphics may look good in general but I bet it might be decreased in detail to not strangle the Scorpio on 4K resolution.
    Changing weather conditions is what I was complaining about in FM 6, but what about day/night cycle?
    Also I hope they don’t just drop FH 3 when FM 7 arrives.

Really after playing recent games, I’d rather than focus on polishing and details than crazy new features. A more interesting, thought out, and varied career and lots of quality of life improvements might not be as flashy to hype the game up, but it’d make the game a lot more enjoyable long-term for the people that really put time into it. If they can make huge strides to that end, I’d gladly wait for FM8 for a game changer like rallying or whatever.

1 Like

Just saw the trailer, not really impressed to be honest. Project CARS 2 looks way more interesting.

But for FM7 ofc we don’t know much yet so I’ll wait and see what the features will be. But I don’t see any reason at all to buy this for now.

3 Likes

Baby steps

Yeah but when at the same time SMS is taking giant leaps with PCARS 2 then I will gladly pass for baby steps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s just forza 6 with some features that were new to horizon 3 e.g. widebody kits, blowers and forzathons. I not saying it won’t have new features at all as it will anyway but it’s just the same old motorsport 6 mixed with some horizon 3 features and then a handful of brand new features.

Can’t wait for horizon 4 if and when that happens.

2 Likes

Forzathons aren’t new to Horizon 3, Turn 10 started that with Forza Motorsport 5 and bi-weekly challenges on race weekends. I always wondered why they didn’t return to it with Forza 6.

The Op is wrong though because no one knows all the exact detailed info on this game except the creators. And unless I went blind I don’t see a massive dump of info… they normally portion it out until it gets released.

2 Likes

He has reasonable doubts that they really didn’t expand on the variety of motorsports. How long have we had drag racing with no proper light tree along with reaction times etc. like real drag racing. Its always a straight away, game starts and 3 2 1 go. The game preps your launch reaction and you just hold down the acceleration on the countdown. Or drifting how about that, going through a menu toggle drift point and the game gives you point for speed and angle. How about a judging scoring event just like real drift completions with tournaments and qualifying or even tandem drifts scores. I don’t really know.

I wonder, will the menus, pre-and-post race animations and the replays still run at 30fps after all this time? I always found it jarring when you’ve been racing at 60fps and at the end you have to watch your car pull into the pits at 30fps, and you can watch a 30fps replay.

I expect this will continue to be the case. For no good reason.

Really the human eye can only see about 30fps so the difference would be tiny If I showed you identical videos starting at 30fps going up in steps of 10 fps per video after the 2nd video you would not perceive any difference in frame rate.

I would say yes, and they will still take unnecessarily long and be unskippable.

1 Like

Please refrain from posting purely to create arguments.