What upgrade(s) do I require to play Forza Horizon 4 smoothly on my HP Omen Obelisk

Hi Everyone,

Really appreciate any help people can provide me with this. I’ve just bought an HP Omen Obelisk and disappointed to discover that it struggles to run Forza Horizon 4 smoothly. It keeps lagging from time to time and gives me the low memory warning message.

These are the specs of my machine:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version: 10.0.17763 Build 17763
System Manufacturer: HP
System Model: OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Proce…
BIOS Version / Date: AMI F.10, 19/11/2018
SMBIO Version: 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 27.26
BIOS Mode : UEFI
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory (RAM): 7.92 GB
Available Physical Memory: 4.21 GB
Total Virtual Memory: 16.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 11.1 GB

Graphics Card:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Approx Total Memory: 6030 MB
Display Memory (VRAM): 1977 MB
Shared Memory: 4053 MB

Simple answer, more RAM. You have about half of the minimum required to play on quality settings. At least another 8 GB stick. Make sure you find out the specs of your ram before adding, as you can have some issues with mismatched RAM.

2 Likes

Excellent. Thanks NeubaumTurk. Should I be able to add another 8 GB stick or do I have to replace the current stick?

Your system probably has 2 sticks of 4gb ram. and to be honest, most RAM sells in packs of two, and they are speed and latency matched. So if I were you, I’d buy a two pack of 8GB sticks, 16gb total.

1 Like

Check windows updates. You’re running pretty old windows10 build. BTW automatic updates downloading migth be the cause of lagging. Disk in your laptop might be doing some heavy reads and writes.

I don’t understant what you have written about your gfx card. Is it 2GB?

Try this site https://latestsystemrequirements.com/forza-horizon-4/
I entered your specs, here is the results - minimum specs are fine, your video / ram doesn’t quite meet recommended.
I am going through the same thing with a Dell. (trying to find the best / cheapest option.)

Your specs

Minimum

Recommended