What to do, totally not having any fun

I don’t want to be that guy who says you suck, but bro, you suck (sorry).

I am not even that good (I don’t even play with my friends because they destroy me), but I had to move the difficulty up almost immediately because it was so easy. I play on the 35% or 40% extra credits difficulty (above average or pro?) and I still get 1st or 2nd every race. I don’t want to sound like I am tooting my own horn either, but I don’t think the AI is that good.

I do agree though that the AI is stupid as hell most of the time and will hit you because it doesn’t pay attention, but I don’t think it is bad as your making it out to be (seriously play online and then complain about AI hitting you).

Try and play without the rewind. I have a mod that takes it off so I have no choice when I am actually in the race, but it really teaches you to be more careful, I almost never screw up now.

3 Likes

Your experience with the game =/= the experience of everyone else playing the game.
I had the same issues a lot of people are having but, for me at least, its gotten better.
Doesn’t mean it’s gotten better for everyone.

I’m with JPeeper.

I play on Pro and Unbeatable and I limit the AI aggression. I have no problems winning races in 1st place. If I don’t win I have few issues getting on podium.

The AI isn’t that good, but they do now drive more naturally like humans may. In the past, the AI was glued to the racing line and would do anything and everything to stay or get on it. Now the Drivatars have a more natural feel working around the cars on the track and act more like real racers would.

I must be a lucky one granted i only have the drivatars on highly skilled ( no assists on at all) but i have no problem beating them or being barged off the track, the single player is ok for me, lobbies thats another story but turn 10 can’t be blamed for the idiots playing the game.

1 Like

They need to literally copy and paste forza 4 multiplayer into the game and it would be perfect.

7 Likes

lol. Spot on well said.

6 Likes

I think it depends on how you play, but Forza can definitely be frustrating. For me, there’s simply so many new things for someone who only played FM3 and FM4, and I’m the type that can rent a car, drive some laps on different tracks and be happy. It also helps that I am fast enough to recover if I get hit or spun out online and welcome the chance to charge through the pack.

Definitely try limiting the drivatar aggression and playing at above average or pro level. I started at average with the drivatar aggression turned off and have had minimal problems in career races. Sure, you have to use rewind every now and then, and having to finish 3rd is a big problem, but for the most part it’s good. What I’ve been doing is having the braking line off through career mode - got used to it in FM3 and FM4 but it’s a new challenge to overcome.

Race online for the insanity of it, join a league for proper racing, take some pictures, drive some tracks. It might not be as “gripping” as a game as others, but I enjoy it a ton and there’s a lot of things to sink time into.

FREE PLAY!!! If I had known it was this good I would have started it sooner…Pick a cool car YOU like, MOD it up to the level YOU want, tailor the race (number of cars, level of experience, etc.), pick the track, number of laps and it pays out credits!!! It’s like another game inside. When you finish a race, it suggest another track or you can skip it until you like the track it comes up with in all kinds of different configurations, I haven’t played regular career since I discovered this, only some endurance stuff for credits and XP.

Also I play on average for the drivatars and the front two don’t beat you by 15 seconds, I have been beating them with a good challenge, totally different game Man…(don’t have to play off-line to beat them either)

If you don’t like Free Play then I don’t know what to tell you…this game is a blast!

4 Likes

Yes…because racing Honda Civics against muscle cars in an imaginary “Class” made up by Turn 10 is so much fun facepalm

3 Likes

Came for the drama, was not upset with the results!

3 Likes

Totally agree with Drive. (Kind of crappy that we have all the same bugs from previous iterations)

@Turbo prop-
free play is awesome in lower classes-the fail (which we had in FM4) is the in ability to assign a division (car body style).
I would like to run GT3s against other Gt3s (not Hypercars or 76 formula cars especially seeing how C7R can only go up to R876.

Have superv8 races, GT races, Indy car races etc.

That a huge fail of free play-one more drop down menu for division is all that is needed

4 Likes

I hate to be that guy but I just helped someone in a thread in the support forum regarding the aspiration glitch. This is entirely a bug and error within the game that Turn 10 SHOULD fix.

What’s worse, the bug has been present in Forza 3, Forza 4, Forza Horizon 1, Forza Motorsport 5, Forza Horizon 2, and now Forza 6.

This bug has been in the game since 2009 and has still not been fixed. What does this say about the company?

3 Likes

I havent won a collision hoppers races yet. The formula for how many times you will smashed into is: Multiply the number of turns by the laps equals hit per race.

Go jump in some custom lobbies… Oh wait you’d have to go back to Forza 4 for that kind of replay value.

4 Likes

I really don’t get the problems with you guys and this game. I’ve not had a problem with your complaints about the 1 drivatar getting away or dirty driving.

Rubbing is racing and if you can’t deal with it go play need for speed or sit in rivals and quit complaining. As for the phantom A.I who I’ve yet to see tearing away from the rest of the pack (by the way I race against “unbeatable” with max aggression) look at your car, build, tuning and your driving style. I’m not super fast but I can clear traffic easily…

Quit complaining and get on with it.

4 Likes

I would have to to say that I am not encountering any of the problems that you are having. I have played on a variety of different difficulties and found them either extremely easy right the way through to very challenging. I have my driveatars set to aggressive, I find that some steer clear of me when i am near them and some block my path when i approach them from behind.
I also see the driveatars skid off the circuit and crash a fair bit.
As for your brakes not working… Of course they do work, look at the speed your car is going, the car won’t stop instantly, also brake in a straight line not whilst cornering, the tires won’t want to turn and slow down.
I think that instead of blaming the game you should take your time and try to improve in rivals then see if you can handle being on the track with other cars.

3 Likes

I think the problem is some people are expecting arcade racing or something. This is a “Simulation” racer, you have to be smooth accelerating and braking. Practice practice practice…but I will say that the career mode does seem a bit linear but not bad. Showcase and rival events help keep it fun…and free play. There should be a patch soon guys be patient.

Mate no disrespect but im a wheel user who wants full blown sims. Yes i could go on pc but id rather put a disc in and pick up and play. If you think this is a sim in any way your the guy who has come from arcade.
t10 have tryed to make it more sim so they mod add modpacks. Hahaha jeez…
Im not getting into a slangin match but with you but all the bugs with wheel users at the min its jus a complete mess. All the cars performance wise are well off to their realife counterparts aswel.
check thread (standard car laptimes nordeschlife) for more info on this whole “simulation” game…
what a joke

2 Likes

Agreed…I think a lot of people want a train on rails where they can close their eyes and race without looking… I absolutely LOVE this game and feel the physics are perfect… You cant drive into a corner at 100 mph and stick to the track… All assists must be off and you need to be smooth with throttle(lift)smooth with brake,down shift etc… Once you “get it” you will be fast… I see post after post of project cars physics are awesome and blah blah blah… I have project cars… Its not awesome… The grip you have is so completely unrealistic… You have a hard time trying to spin out going 150 mph into a corner!!! Real? I think not…

But whatever, I love forza 6!!!

Drama queens lol.

2 Likes