What do you think of when you think Forza?

[Mod edit - WSD - Profanity and alluding to profanity is against the ToS]

3 Likes

[Mod edit - WSD - quoting posts that include profanity and alluding to profanity is against the ToS]

[Mod edit - WSD - quoting posts that include profanity and alluding to profanity is against the ToS]

I think of head-to-head against friends on Fujimi Kaido in the original forza motorsport, I think of tuning and making liveries to Lance Hays’ Legendary Ratio in Forza 4. I think of the P1 GTR on the Nürburgring in Forza 7. I think of the first time I drove into the horizon festival in Colorado. I think of my permanent grin at the sound of gravel hitting the chassis in rally expansion to Forza horizon. I think of tunnel runs in the south of France in Horizon 2 and the Wicked Games trailer for Horizon 3. I think of all five versions of the Goliath, and striving to get to the point where I can run each with a competitive clean lap. I think of my driting tune on the ’49 Ford Woody Wagon in Horizon 4, and I think about running the amazing epic Hillclimb that we have been gifted in Forza Horizon 5.

Both Turn 10 and Playground Games have poured their heart and souls into every single iteration of this franchise, and while each installment has had their blemishes and problems this miniscule change is not that big of a deal and a fascinating hill to want to make a stand. I understand that you want it to be different but to me what is good about every single Forza installment far outweighs its negatives.

1 Like

Not sure what they changed about Wheelspins, but even if Forza made me think “cars” it wouldn’t even tangentially make me think about Wheelspins. I didn’t like those when they were added, and I still don’t care for them. At best they’re a supplement to the poor racing rewards.

What I associate with Forza is, first and foremost, reliably the best handling with a controller. Any other racing games I feel like I need to play them before buying just to see if the handling is at least tolerable, but with Forza (from at least FM2 through both series to present) I can just jump right in.

1 Like

Rammer and chicken suit

2 Likes

This one made me laugh.

When I think of “Forza” what comes to mind is its the best car racing game/series I’ve played.

When I think of “FH5” what comes to mind is a greater appreciation for FH4 aswell as confusion around what they tried to achieve in FH5.

1 Like

Hats. I like hats.

Hopelessness??

Gargantua #interstellar

1 Like

If I posted what I think… it would be deleted.

5 Likes

Poor sounds and BOOOORING

1 Like

I certainly do NOT think about Horizon. I think about all the great things in actual Forzas (Motorsport) and the great times I used to have playing them.

2 Likes

I think amateur devs that has ruined a once fun franchise. Not being able to chose what I want to race and in what class is seriously a step down. Not being able to race during nights due to a bug where the lights on the car wont light up the road due to their bad coding and implementing of skyboxes in pvp races. Terrible PI system that is so unbalanced and even more so then it was in FH4. Utterly shambles and a bad game.

2 Likes

To me Forza Horizon means a pseudo-reality where I can I drive around in all the hypercars, 80s classic muscle cars and powerful daily commuters I want, in an open world, and take photos of cars I’d otherwise never be able to.

1 Like

From Horizon 4 to current date:

Contrived, arbitrary, fabricated, monotonous, discriminatory, restrictive, and dictative game play.