Rally/Rallycross in FM

rallycross was cancelled for 7 as GRC went under before the games realese so they couldnt finish it, remnants of the layouts are still visible on the TG track and others, it would surely bring something new to the series and put use to the finished offroad cars from 7 that never saw the intended use, FM became too much like COD - same every year

1 Like

Yeah and some dirt tracks like GTS.

1 Like

I don’t care about rally in FM game. I hope they focus on making actual road / track racing instead.

9 Likes

This is more for the Horizon series, my opinion

6 Likes

With Horizon having more of the rallying action, I think it’s about time Motorsport gets some rally racing as well, because at the end of the day, offroad racing and rallying are still very much part of Motorsport culture. Somewhere in the lines of Gran Turismo’s approach to rally circuits can be a good idea, especially both dirt and snow, as well as real-world rallycross tracks.

7 Likes

Sure, I´ll happily take Rally if they want to do it.

But imo Motorcycles would be the more interesting addition.
Turn10 builds such incredible Race Tracks, I always thought it´s almost a waste not to use them for the two-wheeled stuff as well.
Plus there is no real AAA games for bikes, I´d be curious to see how Turn10 would handle it (granted it´d be a difficult task).

Keep all Rally stuff in Horizon or make Forza Rallysport.

7 Likes

Like that idea too. RX at least and not the boring two roundabouts kind common in europe but like Dirt 2 and Dirt 3, medium length where not every spot is visible for all audience. Having so many standard street cars it is perfect really.

1 Like

I’d say don’t do rally but rallycross instead. Rally racing is more of a time attack, sprint type of race, which would definitely be much too difficult to implement in a logical way. Rallycross on the other hand DOES make sense because it can be a closed circuit, multiple cars can race together, and would make a lot of sense and could be simple to implement. However, one difficulty that arises is that the grid size would absolutely have to be limited, at least in public lobbies, because I doubt it’d be great racing against 15 other people on a tight circuit such as rallycross. But in private lobbies, the grid size does not need to be limited.

2 Likes

It could be that if more than 6-8 signed in to an event, qualification automatically occur and top 4 qualify or similar. A dynamic thing according to demand.

This could be great to have rally races in the new Motorsport because I was founding this annoying in FM7 to road with rally cars on asphalt circuits . This would make more simulation and funnier .

The range of cars certainly allow for rally as well.
What is special is that a co-driver must also give cues all the way.
Winter races with stubbed tires etc.

And works the same way as rivals with global leaderboards, since each stage and event is one car at a time. This unless RX.

If they make some kind of preset for the setup and upgrades just for that event. So you easily setup car for different type of races.

If they have a DLC for it, they can see how many are interested in rally. I would certainly get it paying extra for that.

1 Like

I was playing Dirt 5 when I had a great idea- What if we had Rallycross tracks in the new Forza Motorsport, such as the nitro circus track, or maybe The Circuit Trois-Rivières in Canada, because using rally purposed cars on asphalt tracks, is usually not very fun as they feel like slinging a 20 ton brick around corners, rather than the actual 2-4 ton car. Also, seeing as there are no actual Rallycross tracks in any Horizon game, maybe this could bring in more players? Just an idea, but I think that many people would agree with me about this idea, seeing as Motorsport usually has the same tracks, with only asphalt.

1 Like

Yes, get some dirt/rally tracks in there BUT with Motorsport physics. Then maybe we can make use of those useless jeeps and whatever.

4 Likes

They just confirmed that,at least at launch, will focus in actual road / track racing than offroad

Clearly at some point there was an intention to add rally in FM7, hence all of the off-roaders. Horizon often tested out features that would then be used in MotorSport, & I figured that it would be added for FM7 after being tested in FH4, but no. Horizon has now been using extreme weather & off-road physics for a while now. It’s TIME to add it to MotorSport. Add tracks like Pikes Peak & put all those truck & SUV models to use! Would be incredibly fun. Gran Turismo has always had that advantage over MotorSport, & I think it’s time to change that.

2 Likes

There are a lot of offroad and rally vehicles in the Forza franchise.
To me it seems like these vehicles are a bit of a waste as they are purpose built vehicles for all terrain contexts, and while yes, you could turn them into track vehicles, that seems like a illogical reason to add these vehicles into the Motersport games.

The addition of rally stages and circuits, and seems to be the only way to make these vehicles more meaningful in the games. As this may be a niche in the player base, you could also add circuits like Ebisu (Japan) that are not rally tracks, but different purposes, but motorsport non the less. (Drift as an example here)

Another possibility to implement is a “track creator” feature (similar to event lab from Horizon) but with added realism.

Edit (personal opinion at release)

Edit (afterthought from my part): This idea is similar to the addition of drag racing in FM7. Though I would like to add to this, that (now that I have had a few hours of gameplay in the game and had a look et the roster of cars [date: 05/10/2023], I have noticed a lot of rally and offroad vehicles seem to have been removed, and a lot of old tracks have been also. Personally, I would say Turn10 should first focus on adding back what was missing, and fixing the broken (eg. Car model of the Subaru Impreza WRX STI 22b [broken model] and the Countach 5000Qv [missing car]). My current opinion is that Turn 10 should first focus on catching up, then adding in new features like these.

If you agree or have other ideas, feel free to react. I feel like the game would improve greatly with these additions (even if, admittedly, it’s a bit of a tall ask)

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys can agree with this. (from here on down I will add some examples to point to my ideas)

-Example: Ebisu (drift track) :jp:

-Example: Autodromo di Franciacorta (rally cross track) [2014-2015] :it:

-Example: Circuit Jules Tacheny Mettet (Rally cross track) :belgium:

-Photos to show general exaples (mixed surface racing)

(real photo)
image (exaple of mixed surface tracks)

Great post highlighting a huge portion of Forza players.

I myself am a rally fan first and would buy the game if it had dedicated rally stages alongside the standard circuit collection.
If Kenya, Annapolis and Finland could make it in with some classic and modern competitive WRC cars, it would be a no-brainer purchase from me.

1 Like

Certain track environments that were previously confirmed actually do have rallycross layouts, such as:

Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Hockenheimring
NĂĽrburgring
Silverstone Racing Circuit
Yas Marina Circuit

…so it’s very much possible.

1 Like

Please vote here if you would like to see some rally tracks with the addition of rally tires added. Maybe even as a DLC would be awesome. I believe simulation rally racing is the only thing Forza Motorsport is missing to claim its rightful place as king of racing simulators!!!

1 Like