We NEED a better way to obtain cars

First off, you should be able to sell any car you win back to the game - lets say for half its price.

Let auction house be auction house, and let the auctioneers decide what price they want to sell the car for. It would nice to make a unique paint, that people wants to pay good money for… This could be done in other Forza games that had a auction-house.

I have played the game for ages - but probably not even close to the time that the top 5% have put in. What I have learned was that you can make very good money off the auctionhouse, but when it changes stuff, you have to change with it.

I have almost 800 cars and more than one billion in credit(yes you read correctly) but for a long time, my main focus, and what I had the most fun with, was to play the auctionhouse and earn money on it.

f.x. buying(sniping) a M3 GTR for 50K and selling it for 7 million

I have gotten all cars but one - The One car has always eluded me - the Forza Edition Ford Capri

Well, i’m kinda split on it, though i generally agree with the OP, i’m not very fond of FOMO myself or let’s rather say, i find it pretty cancerous. But back to specifically FH is that it kinda show the discrepency between two type of players. The one part of the Community, i’d argue more likely the Singleplayer or Casual Crowd don’t care much about the whole Online-Functionality and rather prefer to get their favorite car and can play with them(i would myself include to this list) in a more chilled manner. For them it feels kinda off - or even unfair that they get gated out of actual content for this whole event FOMO nonsense. And than there is the part of the community which fully engage with the Game, enjoying getting cars on events, maintain them and than sell them off, with a huge fun and emphasis on working with the AH, which i’d argue is a big part of the whole Online-Experience. In that regard this whole “FOMO” and limited time event stuff it makes sense, because it gives Cars which you sell on them (besides of cool designs) value and rarity, which helps the overall “economy” and offers a overall better experience.

And that’s why i’m kinda split on this, because like i mentioned i’m more the type of guy who enjoys a more traditional gameplay experience where you can earn everything fairly without FOMO Events or being bound to an online-feature like AH, at the other Hand i also don’t want the other type of players miss out their experience esp. with the economy part of the auction house… i myself remember the days when i played WoW way back than and i had also a lot of fun with AH and Economy and stuff. The “only” possible fix would be like some specific other games offer, that there is a singleplayer(offline) experience with a seperat progress, and one for online… but that would also be kinda problematic due Horizon is one of the very few examples which does this seemless off,- and online transition almost perfect and you don’t need to do the stuff twice. That’s why i don’t really see a potential fix, except maybe like BL3 did - that at the end of the circle of the Game - y’know when FH6 might be released and people move on and the eco basically dies anyway, they add a toggable event feature…

Wheelspin-exclusive cars are definitely a terrible mechanic and should be ditched. I can deal with cars rotating between Playlist events and the Forzathon Shop though. Hopefully the Backstage will make a return too, which really should eventually have every exclusive car in it.

4 Likes

Seriously, stop artificially inflating player’s retention time with your games by gating content behind tedious content that forces us to log in every day (timed daily challenges etc).

Your multiplayer mode is is absolutely awful and it is only made worse by forcing it down our throats by making us engage with it when we don’t want to in order to get access to new cars that is otherwise unobtainable elsewhere except for the backstage pass (assuming that will make a return later on). The feeling of this gameplay loop is made worse by imposing awful car restrictions on tracks/layouts that aren’t fun and are simply long and tedious, ie (5 lap race in D class cult cars). Or a playground games event on some horrible clunky offroat terrain in awful B class pickup trucks that are quite simply not fun to drive at all.

This game is meant to be a car enthusiast’s sandbox dream? So why force an important aspect of that (car collecting), behind a mechanic that is the complete opposite of sandbox? It does nothing but turn the game into an uninteresting and misreable chore of an experience and is the very reason the second half of FH4’s lifespan was one of the worst racing game experiences yet.

I want to absolutely love this game, and it definitely has potential, but if you are going to impose this kind of gameplay loop on us forcing us to play your poor multiplayer modes because of FOMO, then I doubt I’ll be playing this long enough to even see the first DLC pack which is really a shame, and an insult my wallet that now has a £85 hole in it.

16 Likes

best response here by far

I agree, it’s transparent forced engagement that definitely can instill FOMO in people.

I can’t believe with FH5 out they still have locked content in FH4, I thought that they would just add all the time locked cars to the autoshow at end of life, it’s kind of anti-player to leave a game like that with so many cars being exclusive and unavailable yet advertised as in game.

One of the worst things I’ve seen now is seasonal stunt zones require a specific car/PI/and time of day, that’s such a waste of time. Imagine the poor people on last gen who have longer loading times changing cars so much, just to grind out weekly events for new cars.

9 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I actually like it that you can only get some cars via Playlist… Gives me the motivation to play the game every week to check the challenges. I like it that way

5 Likes

If only the playlist actually worked… lmao.

2 Likes

I would be happier if we could “keep” playlists, something like you log in that week then keep it saved, choose in a list which you will play and complete it, for me, it doesn’t make any sense talk about all freedom and lock cars for a limited time, it’s the only problem in the game.

4 Likes

Don’t see a problem with gated vehicles, it gives you something to strive towards, challenge in the game - albeit more challenging at the moment due to connection problems, but not impossible and connection is likely to get fixed at some point. Not like seasonal tag isn’t fun to play or anything… Had a right laugh on some of them and won vehicles too. Without the playlist, there’s some things I wouldn’t know about or even try, I’d just be happy to drive around the map listening to the radio in the same ol’ car.
It’s perfectly fine the way it is, the game doesn’t need making more casual, it’s very casual as it is… There must be goals.

2 Likes

I do see that aspect of it, something fresh every week to log into, however it limits how many games as a service you can realistically juggle, Battlefield 2042 is coming out next week and is also a live service game, so I already don’t like the idea of having to log into multiple games weekly for some time gated gun or vehicle etc

also while it can be fun to do things weekly what if you don’t like the tasks cars are locked behind, I hate drifting, never enjoyed it or touched drifting modes in other games when I could just race, now FH5 is forcing me to do long drifts if I want to unlock a car I want that’s only available for a week, that kills my fun of the game when I get frustrated trying to 3 star a drift zone, not really freedom to do anything you want when they force you to do a little of every game mode

4 Likes

I’m waiting for the 9th… what do you mean time of day?

But where is the challenge? There is no challenge. All the events and seasonal objectives are all trivial to do, bar a few exceptions during some of the winter weeks in FH4. All it boils down to is doing this trivial tasks in a specific time-frame for which said task is available for. People aren’t missing out on cars/rewards because they aren’t good enough, it’s because they got unlucky and weren’t on the game for a small specific window where the developer says “Here is your only chance to get this car, if you miss it, tough”.

I think he’s getting confused with time of day with FH5’s version of seasons. Instead of winter, summer and spring etc I think now each week is split between hot, dry, wet and storm season I think. Although saying that, I think some challenges it does say to do during the day or night (could be wrong).

But to make the co-op championships even more tedious, we have to drive to each event and waste another 3 minutes instead of just fast tracking us like it did in FH4, it just completely destroys the flow of the game and one of the reasons why I hate all the muliplayer events, its just loading screen after loading screen.

5 Likes

A lot of game now do this, as you mentioned, to keep people playing…my favourite game is Halo master Chief Collection (technically 6 games) and you have to do PvP to get all the content each season…so I don’t as I am rubbish at PvP for shooting.

Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t have the required time to put into it. Personally, I am fine with Horizon doing this but then I have a lot of free time but I do understand how it annoys people

1 Like

When there’s something you really don’t want to do but still want that certain car… Then there’s still the auction house where you can get it. If you’re lucky even for a humane price ^^

… Until the game loses it’s player base and youre up a creek

hah, yes I think I am wrong on the time of day, but I am unsure of the sun icon next to the PR stunts, me being cynical as if specific manufacturer and PI wasn’t bad enough I thought there was a third component to them too, I have had the correct car/PI and exceeded the needed speed/distance but the stunt hasn’t triggered as completed

Overall though the playlist seems more tedious and confusing and they have upped events required for points and forced more online play, do not like that at all

I agree.as well…people have to also live their life and sometimes it is not possible to log in to get all locked content…

I have no issues with having to complete tasks for locked content but limiting it so that you cannot access all content of a game because something in life stops you to log in is discriminatory.

They talk about inclusivity but all they have done in this version and past versions is create various class’s of player.

all game content should be available to all people based on their ability to complete the tasks not their ability of when they can and cant login… As someone mentioned above if you miss certain things they
should be available to go back to if needed…

In fh4 and fh3 there are cars i never got to experience due to this and as I paid for a full game it leaves a bad taste that i was not able to access all game content…

I also agree with the comments on forcing people to have to go online to open up locked content… I dont have anything against online play but prefer single player just because that
is my preference the same as some people prefer online play to single player…nothing wrong with either but players should not be penalised because of their playing preferences and all should
have equal opportunities to access all game content as we all paid for all game content…

If a particular car is available to be unlocked in online mode it should also be available in single player some how…

In this same mode i also found it distasteful that they did not release a demo to the general public yet released a demo style version to the fanboys like AR12 gaming and others…I have nothing against these people but they do run youtube channels etc for their own financial business interests and gain and do not see why they should get special treatment…once again another example of not practising the inclusivity they are hanging their hat on in this version…cheers all

6 Likes

Thank you for pointing out the deliberate digital classism inherent to this system. Having special events for early access to seasonal reward cars, Forzathon cars, Unicorn cars, or whatever term they may use in the future to describe gating special cars away should only be temporary and all cars should ultimately be added to the autoshow before the game’s End-of-Life. Also, once cars unlocked by in-game progression like Barn Finds are unlocked, they should automatically be put into the auto show so that people can get duplicates if they so desire

2 Likes

You can always try to buy them in the auction house