Was the steering with a pad changed on PC?

First part of your message, thats a fault with the forum displaying the wrong information. Its a long standing issue. Click on my forum name, and you will see I have been on the forza forums for a very long time. Also, search my user name on the xbox app. It is the same name I use on here. Starts with an uppercase i, just the font the forums use, it looks like a lowercase L “ialyrn”. You will clearly see I have had my xbox live account since Xbox live was started. Since you are clearly a person who does not fact check before making a post, I will help you out a bit.

You might want to check these things out in the future!

Secondly, implying I am a bad driver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZDZoiI0ttQ (you may also want to look at my video upload history on youtube, which has footage from FM4 on there. Make sure to pay attention to upload dates My oldest Forza video is from 6 years ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvQnUsyjPJE 9 (A race I was in from FM4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iiR1fmHkEE&t=136s (A grip run on Fujimi Kaido from FM4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-52MJBdWdQ (A drift run on Fujimi Kaido, also from FM4)

Also:

Checking my other videos out on my youtube channel, would have allowed you to see some content from other racing titles as well, such as Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KDS4B-7VoA&t=1942s (Assetto Corsa PC with Oculus Rift)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XHAZowhIc (Dirt Rally on PC with Oculus Rift)

If you had of checked my forum history at the very least, you could have saved yourself from a post like this. I have played every forza game, and I have a very varied and fortunate history in regards to racing games; and gaming in general.

I dont make things up, I deal in facts and use my personal experience in an effort to help people. Next time, fact check before you go all internet tough and call someone out for “trash talking”.

Now if you are feeling a sudden lack of response in the controller, that is either a deadzone setting issue (which I hope you checked and removed in the advanced controller options), or you are suffering with input lag (playing from a PC on a TV perhaps? A TV has slower response times and induced input lag, due to post processing effects. Montiors, especially gaming grade monitors, negate these things). I would suggest checking those things out.

On my end, Forza Horizon 4 on a control pad handles just like every other Forza title I have ever played. Which again, is all of them; all the way back to 2005 with the first Forza Motorsport title on the original Xbox. If there is one major thing Forza is known for, its how good the game plays out the box on a control pad.

im not a Retard or a 70 years old grandpa who dont know how to set up a pc, i Play on a 240hz 1ms Monitor there is no Input lag i turned Gsync and everything off and there was no Change on my PC the only part who had changed is the UPDATE from Horizon ? and as i said im not the only one who notice the Change ! but np be happy if you think Nothing had changed and dont piss of People who have the issues with “update your Drivers” or some bullshit like this, it is like you as them “did you Restart your Router” when your ISP have Problems again and try to give you the fault lol

Your clearly a very angry person. There is absolutely no need for you to act like this. Twice now you have attacked me in this manner, trying to disregard what is helpful advice, First you try to discredit my history with the games, then my driving skill. Even with that in mind, I still try to help you out.

If you understand computers as much as you say you do, then you would understand the importance of what I have said in this thread. The fact you believe it is so unimportant to check device drivers, that windows is up to date, and that the firmware for your controllers are equally updated; really opens the curtains.

Still, even with your poor attitude; I shall again try to help you. But this is the last time, I shall do so.

Now, if you are feeling a delay, as you stated in your post from yesterday. Then that is likely is either input lag or deadzones. Are you absolutely certain that through your anger, you have methodically checked your settings to make sure that -

A) You have the game set to an unlocked refresh rate?

B) Made sure that G-sync is actually running?

These 2 questions may seem stupid to you, but a friend who has a very long history with gaming computers ran into these 2 problems with Forza Horizon 4. They only got the game before Christmas, so after the previous update. I suggest you drop the attitude and double check. Updates to Forza games often incur menu settings changes. I have to reset graphical options in both FM7 and FH4 after almost every update. The biggest culprit for you, could be a case that V-sync set to 30 or 60fps could have turned on. This would cause the input lag you say you are feeling, even though you shouldn’t be getting any. It will be a noticeable change for you, since you have a 240Hz G-sync monitor.

If your GPU and graphical settings check out, and are as they should be. Then you need to go into the advanced controller options check your deadzones. By default, T10/PG add deadzone to the thumbsticks and triggers. I always remove these deadzones in every Forza game, as they decrease the range of motion you have. If you have any inside deadzone set, again, this will cause the delay you are feeling. Its an option worth checking, just in case.

These are all basic things to check, you have not once made it clear if you have actually checked them. Instead, you seem to prefer to attack anyone who is trying to help.

I have been gaming since 1989, I have been using windows PC’s for gaming since 1996, and I have been building my own systems since 2001. I dont know what experience you have, but please, stop trying to discredit mine; when all I am trying to do is help you.

Pad sim steering WAS changed. I like it more now. The car carries itself along consistent lines more naturally. It allows me to focus more on braking points and overall placement.

I play with Xbox controller and haven’t had any changes.

This is purely your imagination. There is nothing wrong with the input from a controller… Nothing has changed since the update otherwise it would have been in the change log.

1 Like

You play with normal steering. Sim steering is entirely new.

There is something definitely wrong with my setup on my Xbox with elite pad. Fortune island update caused my elite pad steering to go from smooth to on/off feeling. I quickly realized that any up or down movemnet of the left stick caused the steering to turn full lock! After experimenting with deadzone i found 1 or 2 to eliminate this crazy effect. Seems to effected other settings as well and still currently playing with them to get feeling as before.